KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » What makes a good Logo For a Superhero?

What makes a good Logo For a Superhero?
Started by: The Prophecy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
CyborgHolliday
Vagrant

Just telling you the first thing that popped into mind. Good luck with your character amigo

Old Post May 27th, 2007 01:54 AM
CyborgHolliday is currently offline Click here to Send CyborgHolliday a Private Message Find more posts by CyborgHolliday Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Prophecy
The One Above all

Yep Thanks!

Old Post May 27th, 2007 04:19 AM
The Prophecy is currently offline Click here to Send The Prophecy a Private Message Find more posts by The Prophecy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blight
Less than Newbie

So.... does is this "qezel" supposed to be Smart? Because he SHOULD know that After "Q" there must come a "U"...

-_-

Old Post May 27th, 2007 05:38 AM
Blight is currently offline Click here to Send Blight a Private Message Find more posts by Blight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

quote: (post)
Originally posted by CasanoVa
Can you stop making threads? erm

Dont think hes breaking the rules. Leave him alone?

Originally posted by The Prophecy
Superman's logo and batman's logo goes well wither names but how can logo be interesting?

He doesnt have to have a logo.

Originally posted by Rick/Genis
So.... does is this "qezel" supposed to be Smart? Because he SHOULD know that After "Q" there must come a "U"...

I suspect Qezel is a transliteration so it may not matter.

Last edited by Deadline on May 27th, 2007 at 07:49 AM

Old Post May 27th, 2007 07:38 AM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Prophecy
The One Above all

Originally posted by Alfheim
Dont think hes breaking the rules. Leave him alone?

He doesnt have to have a logo.

I suspect Qezel is a transliteration so it may not matter.

Thanks Alfheim! smile I just thhough it would be cool for him to have a logo because of him being the second son of the Devil maybe like a family crest. Then after a while he changes it on his own.

Old Post May 27th, 2007 02:31 PM
The Prophecy is currently offline Click here to Send The Prophecy a Private Message Find more posts by The Prophecy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Prophecy
The One Above all

It's pronounced. (Qa-Zel) anyway.

Old Post May 27th, 2007 02:32 PM
Darth Vicious

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Superman is still a dumb Superhero though erm

You need to contact the industry not us. The character you've concienved is also ridiculously powerful (over God?) so writing a story for him would be hard to sell and harder to write.

I agree completely. Same thing with Superman, Ive never being a big fan of the character because he is too powerful. Most of his villains are plain stupid to believe they can bring Supes down. Only a few of his villains are actual threats (Luthor, Darkseid, Doomsday, Mogul). Same thing with ur character, waaaayy too powerful to be interesting.

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post May 27th, 2007 02:55 PM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Prophecy
The One Above all

Originally posted by Darth Vicious
I agree completely. Same thing with Superman, Ive never being a big fan of the character because he is too powerful. Most of his villains are plain stupid to believe they can bring Supes down. Only a few of his villains are actual threats (Luthor, Darkseid, Doomsday, Mogul). Same thing with ur character, waaaayy too powerful to be interesting.

Well I'm basically trying to challenge myself like I said he dosent start off like that. The way his finalized origin is going to be he's going to seem very weak. I understand this though.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Eventually his powers will be scattered into separate individuals. They will form a groung called the Choosen Ones. ( I'm still thinking if I want to do this or not?)

Last edited by The Prophecy on May 27th, 2007 at 03:08 PM

Old Post May 27th, 2007 03:05 PM
Deadline

Well I'm basically trying to challenge myself like I said he dosent start off like that. The way his finalized origin is going to be he's going to seem very weak. I understand this though.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Eventually his powers will be scattered into separate individuals. They will form a groung called the Choosen Ones. ( I'm still thinking if I want to do this or not?)

Dont call them chosen ones, that name has been done to death.

Old Post May 27th, 2007 03:42 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Prophecy
The One Above all

Dont call them chosen ones, that name has been done to death.

yeah your right I'll figure something out. I'm just really adgravated right now. Lately people have been attacking saying that Qezel is a stupid idea and this other stuff. I've come a long ways this idea. He started off as just an Angel with a whit trench coat and a cross on his chest. But as I learned and studied more I began to understand how corny and "already used" that was.Their all seriously making me want to give up. But...I'm not I have a good feeling about this. it just take time and lots of hard work. But I can't do it alone. However if I have to so be it.

Old Post May 27th, 2007 03:55 PM
roughrider
Thunderer

As a symbol, I think a lightning bolt is very effective & powerful.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post May 27th, 2007 03:59 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Prophecy
The One Above all

Originally posted by roughrider

But that's taken by so many Ill think I'll stich with Qezel's crest(my avatar) for now.But thanks anyway! smile

Old Post May 27th, 2007 04:08 PM
Blight
Less than Newbie

I have an Angel Character too... his name is Noel......... I CANNOT believe I just admitted that on here...

-_-

Old Post May 28th, 2007 07:15 AM
Blight is currently offline Click here to Send Blight a Private Message Find more posts by Blight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Disappear

It's pronounced. (Qa-Zel) anyway.

that's the thing. most english-speaking persons don't know how to pronounce q without u. so is "qa" supposed to sound like "kah" or "kweh" or what? honestly, after seeing it once, i assumed it was pronounced like pretzel. "kwetzel," more closely.

Old Post May 28th, 2007 07:32 AM
Disappear is currently offline Click here to Send Disappear a Private Message Find more posts by Disappear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Prophecy
The One Above all

Originally posted by Disappear
that's the thing. most english-speaking persons don't know how to pronounce q without u. so is "qa" supposed to sound like "kah" or "kweh" or what? honestly, after seeing it once, i assumed it was pronounced like pretzel. "kwetzel," more closely.

Yeah I kind of figured that! smile Yeah it'swith a "qa" Like quads, or qiet.
While the second syllable is pronnounce Zel, like bell or fell.
so Qa-Zel(Qe-zel).

Last edited by The Prophecy on May 28th, 2007 at 02:18 PM

Old Post May 28th, 2007 02:09 PM
Deadline

Originally posted by roughrider

BBBBBBBBBBoring! Its been done to death. Your biased you have Thor on your sig.

I have an Angel Character too... his name is Noel......... I CANNOT believe I just admitted that on here...

Hey everbody Rick just called a character he created Noel, lets beat him up!

Old Post May 28th, 2007 03:00 PM
The Prophecy
The One Above all

BBBBBBBBBBoring! Its been done to death. Your biased you have Thor on your sig.

Hey everbody Rick just called a character he created Noel, lets beat him up!

laughing laughing laughing

Last edited by The Prophecy on May 28th, 2007 at 03:15 PM

Old Post May 28th, 2007 03:13 PM
Blight
Less than Newbie

What's wrong with Noel confused

-_-

Old Post May 29th, 2007 12:04 AM
King Kandy

I always envisioned Qezel as being pronounced kwezel.

If you think your story might be stupid, you can always use mine...

Old Post May 29th, 2007 12:14 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

yeah your right I'll figure something out. I'm just really adgravated right now. Lately people have been attacking saying that Qezel is a stupid idea and this other stuff. I've come a long ways this idea. He started off as just an Angel with a whit trench coat and a cross on his chest. But as I learned and studied more I began to understand how corny and "already used" that was.Their all seriously making me want to give up. But...I'm not I have a good feeling about this. it just take time and lots of hard work. But I can't do it alone. However if I have to so be it.

Whether or not you ever get published should be secondary right now. The main thing is, have fun with your ideas. Imagine, create...and write. If you can't draw, consider maybe a short story format, at least for now.

(PS - I always thought it was "Keh-zel")

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post May 29th, 2007 12:56 AM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote