KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » darthgoober's Amalgam Tourney Match 3

darthgoober's Amalgam Tourney Match 3
Started by: darthgoober

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Badabing
Karen

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Scoobless
Give him a break, he's trying to word his vote diplomatically so you don't get upset when he uses euphemisms to basically say you got uber-pwned.

wink
Originally posted by Badabing
Quit posting.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Jun 5th, 2007 12:28 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Quit posting.

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Jun 5th, 2007 12:50 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Give him a break, he's trying to word his vote diplomatically so you don't get upset when he uses euphemisms to basically say you got uber-pwned.

wink
You could have let me down a little easier Scoobs

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jun 5th, 2007 12:51 AM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

eek! laughing laughing

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Jun 5th, 2007 01:28 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Guys, seriously. Give it a break or take it to the discussion thread

Old Post Jun 5th, 2007 01:30 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

I will have my vote ready late tonight or tomorrow morning. Sorry for the delay.

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Jun 5th, 2007 01:34 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

Judge's Vote

Thoughts:

Roldz:
- Binary was a clever idea
- But I'm not sure you defended it well enough. Eons of XP doesn't mean much if it's from an entirely different universe. And saying things like "There should be psionic traces of the power source" sound fancy, but it was never backed by anything credible.
- I was never convinced that you could simply give her extra powers anyway. She's a body character, which = strength and durability. The only reason leo was able to do something similar with his is because goober specified that cyborgs are merely "turned off", since their powers often are their body. No such distinction was made for others.
- Mist form is definitely an advantage. Mist is still tangible, so it's not invulnerable or untouchable, but I felt like it was one of your trump cards in this match.

Newjak:
- I never fully believed that you'd find and or build a psi-dampener.
- Fortunately for you, Roldz never pressed his tp advantage much, saying he'd only use it sparingly as a distraction.
- I'll avoid the soul-suck thing, since it doesn't directly affect this match anyway. Even if your point is correct and leo's doing the same thing, absorbing BP's skills and some tech knowledge doesn't amp DHII past the caps for a single character...but absorbing other peoples' power and abilities probably will.

Overall, I just felt like Roldz' claims were too shaky to believe in, despite a clever premise and some good debating given the people you were working with. Part of me wanted to vote for you because you used Wildstorm people, and I appreciate drafting indie characters and I was also passingly familiar with these two. But psi-dampeners or not, Newjak put together a better offensive strategy that was simple but effective.

Vote: Newjak

Congrats boys, and good job.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2007 03:32 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

Judge's Vote

This was a tough match. Honestly, I wasn't buying some of the powers that were thrown around in this battle but the amalgams were good. This battle came down to consistency for me. Roldz has a powerful character but didn't use it to the full potential. Newjak didn't convince me that his character was going to have a high resistance to telepathy.

My vote is for Newjak. He was more consistent with his plan throughout the battle. Roldz could have won this match if he had focused on his powers more and speculated less on what he may be able to do.

Roldz, you're really becoming a good debater and will be a force in tournaments very soon.

Newjak........in a photo finish.

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Jun 5th, 2007 06:04 PM
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Well, here is my vote.

Both sides made good arguments. Both had very clever ideas. However, I believe that Newjak's plan was ultimately a bit more solid. He never really had to prove anything (besides the psi-dampener thing) and his attack plan was feasible. While Roldz had a good basis, he never conclusively proved much in my opinion. In my opinion also, Newjak's character can simply take down Roldz's character faster then the other way around, because of his speed and nigh-unstoppable sword that can cut through pretty much anything.

So I am voting for Newjak.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2007 11:19 AM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

I vote Roldz.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2007 11:22 AM
Martian_mind is currently offline Click here to Send Martian_mind a Private Message Find more posts by Martian_mind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Newjak post 8 of 8

I Win

Now Sir Fuzzy The Lumpkins AKA Maximum Impact gets the night off to do what he does best

(please log in to view the image)

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jun 6th, 2007 03:33 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

*switches vote because of newjak's last post*

Old Post Jun 6th, 2007 03:48 PM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by DigiMark007
*switches vote because of newjak's last post*
Come on like you didn't let out a little laugh stick out tongue

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jun 6th, 2007 03:49 PM
Badabing
Karen

Originally posted by Newjak
Come on like you didn't let out a little laugh stick out tongue
no expression

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Jun 6th, 2007 05:31 PM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

no expression
laughing

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jun 7th, 2007 03:46 AM
Badabing
Karen

laughing
stick out tongue laughing

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Jun 7th, 2007 03:56 AM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

By the way the check's in the mail shifty

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jun 7th, 2007 03:58 AM
Badabing
Karen

By the way the check's in the mail shifty
What? I, uh, don't know what you mean. embarrasment What's this "check" thing you are referring to?

laughing

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Jun 7th, 2007 04:01 AM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

What? I, uh, don't know what you mean. embarrasment What's this "check" thing you are referring to?

laughing
Well its in the mail that's all you need to know

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jun 7th, 2007 04:04 AM
Badabing
Karen

Well its in the mail that's all you need to know
Are you still refferring to this "check" thing? Is that what you are referring to?

Dammit, I told Newjak to sent the funds to my Paypal account! I wonder if he realizes postage is $.41 now? confused

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Jun 7th, 2007 04:15 AM