KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » Respect Firestorm!

Respect Firestorm!
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 9 10 [11]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

For those of you who haven't been following, Ronnie Raymond was reincarnated as a Black Lantern (ie. a zombified/evil version of his previous self.) After 'resurrection', he eventually tracked down the current/living Firestorm (Jason) and separated him and his girlfriend Gehenna from the Matrix. Upon so doing, he forcibly merged Jason with himself and gained the transmutational power over organic matter Jason possessed. Ronnie then demonstrated this new-found power by turning Gehenna into table salt:

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

---

By the end of Blackest Night, Ronnie was among the group of heroes that were truly resurrected:

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Apr 16th, 2010 at 08:44 PM

Old Post Apr 16th, 2010 08:34 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

As you could likely figure, Jason is still a bit.... Salty (hyuck, hyuck) that Ronnie killed his girlfriend. When Jason attempts to attack Ronnie, we find out that it is a futile effort, because Ronnie (now merged back with Jason) is in complete control of the Matrix:

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

"Ronnie Raymond + X = Firestorm"

Old Post Apr 16th, 2010 08:36 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

The true nature of Firestorm revealed...

-Professor Stein-
"When Ronald and I first met, I was attempting to validate my theories on the existence of a big bang. That there was an actual spark that preceded the existence of the universe. And I think on that day I not only proved the existence of that spark -- I captured it."

"[The Firestorm Matrix] is the big bang. The trigger for starting the universe. Or restarting it in this case."

"Together (ie. Ronnie and Jason merged) you're the most dangerous being in the universe."

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

In a nutshell, Firestorm = a universal power now. Apparently Johns wasn't content with just keeping him around the herald tier.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2010 05:41 PM
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Professor Stein makes it sound as if Firestorm>> Fire Element.

Firestorm vs Photon (Genis-Vell) anyone?

Old Post Sep 17th, 2010 04:05 AM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by "Id"
Professor Stein makes it sound as if Firestorm>> Fire Element.
Makes sense. Ronnie/Jason are fully bonded to the Matrix, and therefore are able to tap more of it's power.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2010 05:44 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Old Post Dec 16th, 2010 06:06 PM
Radical

Originally posted by Galan007
FS apparently destroys the universe:

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

I honestly don't know what to say... confused

Personally, I'd start with, "Oh, ****." eek!

"We thought that by making your world more violent, we would make it more 'realistic,' more 'adult.' God help us if that's what it means."-Grant Morrison to Animal Man, Animal Man

Old Post Dec 18th, 2010 10:30 PM
Radical is currently offline Click here to Send Radical a Private Message Find more posts by Radical Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Update to the above...

It turns out FS did NOT destroy the universe. Instead, he was transported to the Anti-Matter universe -- and more specifically, within a hive of Shadow Demons:

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

The only noteworthy feat there is the fact that he destroyed the entire hive with a single omni-directional blast.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2011 06:32 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Firestorm vs. Anti-Monitor:

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Aside from lasting nearly a minute in a one on one encounter with AM, the fact that FS was able to transmute a portion of AM's armor into hydrogen, is very impressive imo.

---

Deathstorm kills Professor Stein via transmuting him into salt:

sad Stein has always been a favorite of mine.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2011 04:40 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Once in Firestorm's possession, the white light destroys all of the Black Lanterns present (sans AM):

It also seems as though FS is being geared up for something BIG.

---

Oh, I should also throw this in here...

Apparently Ronnie has been holding his powers back ever since he was resurrected:

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Mar 18th, 2011 04:43 PM
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Firestorm vs. Anti-Monitor:

Aside from lasting nearly a minute in a one on one encounter with AM, the fact that FS was able to transmute a portion of AM's armor into hydrogen, is very impressive imo.

Lol, an explosive fiery reaction in space?

They are in space right?

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2011 05:48 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Deathstorm kills Professor Stein via transmuting him into salt

I couldn't stop laughing @ the irony.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2011 07:24 PM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Omega Vision
Lol, an explosive fiery reaction in space?

They are in space right?
They were on an enormous planet-like battleship:

Originally posted by batdude123
I couldn't stop laughing @ the irony.
I actually thought of you when I first read that. wink

Old Post Mar 18th, 2011 08:15 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Since he is technically an aspect of Firestorm, I thought I should add another section to this thread...

Deathstorm (Part 1)

Deathstorm was originally created when a Black Lantern ring resurrected Ronnie Raymond:

---

This Black Lantern version of Firestorm had access to all of Firestorm's abilities. In fact, he possessed a level of control over said powers that made him superior to the less experienced Jason...

He demonstrated this superiority by forcibly separating Gehenna and Jason from the Firestorm Matrix:

---

He then absorbed Jason into his own Matrix:

---

Afterward, BL Firestorm demonstrated control over organic matter by transmuting Gehenna into table salt:

---

After a few minor scuffles here and there, the white light resurrected BL Firestorm back into his normal self:

Old Post Mar 19th, 2011 10:29 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Deathstorm (Part 2)

That, however, was not the last we saw of him. During the events of Brightest Day, 'Deathstorm' reappeared, and revealed his master plan to Professor Stein. He essentially wanted to infuriate Jason and Ronnie to such an extent that the Firestorm Matrix itself became unstable, and subsequently exploded -- an event that would destroy the entire universe:

(I guess it makes sense that "death personified" would want to kill everything in existence):

---

Just like before, Deathstorm possessed all the powers of his living counterpart, but was able to use them to a better degree...

He was able to easily separate Jason/Ronnie from the Matrix:

---

Forcibly bonds Professor Stein to his own Matrix:

(Note that Deathstorm was able to access all of Professor Stein's thoughts/memories/etc. upon absorbing him into his Matrix.)

---

Does the same to Jason's father:

Last edited by Galan007 on Mar 19th, 2011 at 10:44 PM

Old Post Mar 19th, 2011 10:30 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Deathstorm (Part 3)

Where transmutation is concerned, Deathstorm was -obviously- pretty adept...

Here he whips up a train out of thin air:

---

Kills Professor Stein via transmuting him into salt:

---

At the prompting of a then unrevealed Anti-Monitor, Deathstorm created his own Black Lantern Corps:

(Note he apparently resurrected the Black Lantern versions of Professor Zoom, Maxwell Lord, Hawk, Jade, Captain Boomerang, Martian Manhunter, Aquaman, Hawkman, Hawkgirl, Deadman and Osiris. Uber.)

Old Post Mar 19th, 2011 10:32 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Deathstorm (Part 4/end)

Deathstorm was able to infect a white lantern with his own 'death energy' -- enabling him to lift it:

---

The reason Deathstorm snatched the white light in the first place is because Anti-Monitor planned on using it to create an indefinite amount of universes to feed on:

---

Teleports Jason's father to his location:

Teleports himself, and his entire squadron of Black Lanterns, to Qward:

---

Deathstorm, along with his BLC, were ultimately destroyed by the white light itself (likely the only thing that could have killed him):

Last edited by Galan007 on Mar 19th, 2011 at 10:39 PM

Old Post Mar 19th, 2011 10:33 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I'd also like to point out that when Deathstorm was reincarnated during Brightest Day, he did not use/need a Black Lantern ring. This leads me to believe he had his own 'Black Lantern' Firestorm Matrix from which he drew the entirety of his energies.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2011 10:55 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

With all the changes in DC continuity on the rise, I thought I should put this in here...

-Jason-
"As near as I can guess, when we were blasted by the Anti-Monitor the Matrix was... Damaged -- and I think a countdown started. According to the Professor's diagnostic program, in less than ninety days we're going to detonate":

...And if Firestorm detonates, he's going to take the universe with him.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2011 03:26 PM