KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Indiana Jones » If Indy IV does well, do you think they'll make more

If Indy IV does well, do you think they'll make more
Started by: OB1-adobe

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (17): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Carloali

Considering the huge media fuzz around it even before any knowledge about the movie, I think it will be a hit.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2007 07:10 AM
Carloali is currently offline Click here to Send Carloali a Private Message Find more posts by Carloali Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bob_fm

I don't think so. In fact I think they should have made this one sooner.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2007 08:47 PM
bob_fm is currently offline Click here to Send bob_fm a Private Message Find more posts by bob_fm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

I bet it will do well and that it will actually be good. I also expect that Harrison Ford won't get as much screen time as the other Indy films; I have a feeling with Shia LeBouf on board as his son, a lot of the focus will be on him as far as the heavy action goes (just a feeling). This could be a vehicle to pass the torch to Shia who will continue the franchise's future films. Don't get me wrong, I think Ford will still be the main character, just not the main focus, but one of the main focuses, or 'foci' if there is such a word.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2007 12:40 AM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OB1-adobe

Part of me hopes they make 2 more.

I guess I always figured Star wars and Indiana jones belong together.

I think Indy deserves another trilogy

Old Post May 20th, 2008 02:12 PM
OB1-adobe is currently offline Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Most likely with Mutt as the main character and Jones as the supporter/father kinda like part 3.

Old Post May 20th, 2008 03:03 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Admiral Akbar

lol..an Indy film with Indy as a support character? Count me out.

When the darkness comes, keep an eye on the light no matter how far away it seems.

Old Post May 20th, 2008 03:07 PM
Admiral Akbar is currently offline Click here to Send Admiral Akbar a Private Message Find more posts by Admiral Akbar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

I'm not dismissive enough to disregard that angle. Count me in!

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post May 20th, 2008 04:01 PM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Admiral Akbar

quote: (post)
Originally posted by exanda kane
I'm not dismissive enough to disregard that angle. Count me in!

Yeah, I know it's still an Indy movie. But if they're going to use him as a support character in an Indiana Jones movie which is "supposed" to be about Indiana Jones not Mutt then I see no reason to bother watching it. I watch Indy because of Indy, not because of his adventures, or the people he's with, although those are a plus.

When the darkness comes, keep an eye on the light no matter how far away it seems.

Old Post May 20th, 2008 05:56 PM
Admiral Akbar is currently offline Click here to Send Admiral Akbar a Private Message Find more posts by Admiral Akbar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

I like for the enjoyable formula. Of course, without the titular figure of Ford it would never have kicked off, but if the formula is still there - MacGuffin's, set pieces, pantomime villains, tongue-in-cheek humour - ready to thrive when another watchable, likable everyman (like the one I hope LeBouf will turn out to be) is in his boots.

Course, calling it "Indiana Jones and the Younger, Hipper Son" isn't a good idea, but the iconic name is only an aesthetic element that can be changed.

Old Post May 20th, 2008 07:41 PM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spartan005

In all honesty I think Ford should call it quits after this one. I mean he's already 65 and by the time the next movie finishes, we would have a near 70 year old Indy. Most of the reviews said that Shia did a good job, so maybe making a spin off movie or two wouldn't be a terrible idea

Thanks Vinny!

Old Post May 20th, 2008 07:58 PM
Spartan005 is currently offline Click here to Send Spartan005 a Private Message Find more posts by Spartan005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Originally posted by Spartan005
In all honesty I think Ford should call it quits after this one. I mean he's already 65 and by the time the next movie finishes, we would have a near 70 year old Indy. Most of the reviews said that Shia did a good job, so maybe making a spin off movie or two wouldn't be a terrible idea

That's the idea and he would be a supporting character that pops up here and there as the father figure almost. It will probably be a different title also.

Old Post May 20th, 2008 08:08 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stun
"Adios Satipo"

wow, never have i seen so many in the Indy forumsstick out tongue i hope Spielburg rejects Lucas' idea however. Go ahead and make it into TV - i wont like it, just as long as it's not part of the actual franchise.

i want Indiana Jones 5, not Mutt Williams 1! laughing out loud

Old Post May 20th, 2008 10:50 PM
Stun is currently offline Click here to Send Stun a Private Message Find more posts by Stun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Originally posted by Stun
i want Indiana Jones 5, not Mutt Williams 1! laughing out loud

I have no problem with it, bar anything titled Mutt Williams/Ravenhood/MaybeJones.

Old Post May 20th, 2008 11:52 PM
Squirrel Fart

I just saw it and I won't spoil it for anyone. But I did really enjoy it except the CGI parts. Kinda I guess because I am old school Indy fan.

Old Post May 21st, 2008 03:44 AM
Squirrel Fart

Mutt will have his own films after Indy 4.

Old Post May 21st, 2008 06:05 AM
queeq
Chaos

Hope not.

Old Post May 21st, 2008 08:36 AM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stun
"Adios Satipo"

Now, star wars was the type of film that could expand into popular culture through books, TV, Games, Toys, etc - and could be endless in that respect (could still be ruined along the way, but it wouldnt hurt the finance) - and lost some dignity because of that i think. Compare SW now to way it used to be when we only had the Trilogy (plus a couple of sourcebooks, action figures, etc) it was much better, and to be honest i dont really think that Indiana Jones is the type of film that should get lost in all of that, but it seems to me it's going the exact same way SW did - and a Mutt Williams spin off would only hurt it. But thats my view

Old Post May 21st, 2008 01:42 PM
Stun is currently offline Click here to Send Stun a Private Message Find more posts by Stun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Yeah... Mutt is, however you see it, a completely new character. I haven't seen KOTCS yet, but knowing that Indy was an accidental bull's eye with Harrison, chances are slim that Mutt will be like that as well.

Old Post May 22nd, 2008 06:02 AM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Stun
and to be honest i dont really think that Indiana Jones is the type of film that should get lost in all of that,

Well indiana jones does have comics Dark Horse did some and you can get them in the omnibus's now. I think they're starting the comic franchise side of things back up and as for games they have'nt really gone overboard with them unlike when it comes to star wars.

Old Post May 22nd, 2008 01:16 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

They should have left it at three i hate it when they make more then two movies e.g. T3

Old Post May 22nd, 2008 01:59 PM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote