KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Indiana Jones » If Indy IV does well, do you think they'll make more

If Indy IV does well, do you think they'll make more
Started by: OB1-adobe

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (17): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
queeq
Chaos

Yeah, I read that. Three whole new Terminator films...

Old Post May 22nd, 2008 05:02 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

I reckon its inevitable.

Already Speilberg is apparently already talking about making Mutt the star and Indy being a background character.

He means just more of the same as this movie then.
(Meaning that I wont be bothering with the next "2nd being the darkest of the new trilogy as per GL/SS tradition" effort which will be garbage due to over CGIing and the inclusion of Shia LeBooooof and the non inclusion of any good writing talent, if this is an indicator..) sad

He has truely whored out his greatest work.

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post May 23rd, 2008 11:16 AM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

You certainly know how give your opinion with nuance... wink

Old Post May 23rd, 2008 12:16 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
He has truely whored out his greatest work.

How can you 'whore' out your biggest prostitute?

I want more.

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post May 23rd, 2008 10:08 PM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Greedy little bugger.

Old Post May 24th, 2008 07:02 AM
exanda kane

I shall re-enact the scene from Oliver.

Old Post May 24th, 2008 11:36 AM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Originally posted by exanda kane
How can you 'whore' out your biggest prostitute?

I want more.

An Indy movie was never a whore.

An Indy film was a classy date compared to this cgi monkey assisted, knackered-out, toothless-old-crackhead that robs from your wallet the minute your back is turned.

Old Post May 24th, 2008 12:44 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Sadako is pretty pissed.

Old Post May 24th, 2008 01:00 PM
GGS

God help us all if they make ' The adventures of Mutt Jones'

Old Post May 24th, 2008 01:06 PM
GGS is currently offline Click here to Send GGS a Private Message Find more posts by GGS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
An Indy movie was never a whore.

An Indy film was a classy date compared to this cgi monkey assisted, knackered-out, toothless-old-crackhead that robs from your wallet the minute your back is turned.

I don't think you understood the jest, or at least your response would point that way.

The Indiana Jones movies were always tentpole whores. You ain't gonna get Doctor Zhivago.

Old Post May 24th, 2008 01:09 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

LOL Queeq yeah a little but not at anyone here, though. smile

Fair enough, but to that I'd have to say that you don't need to worry about being Dr.Zhivago when you could have something more like Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Something approximating the quality of any the 1st 3 films would have done. But noooooooooooooooooooo...........

Old Post May 24th, 2008 01:17 PM
exanda kane

Well, I have to say I think it reaches that. Let's not put Last Crusade and Temple of Doom on a pedastel here. They weren't great. Just good. This belongs among them (I have no business placing them in order).

Old Post May 24th, 2008 01:20 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

If they were merely "good", then that lessens my respect for the new movie proportionally and therefore i'll have to reclassify it as "Total garbage from the waste bin of the biggest hack in hollywood" to have an accurate barometer for the relative qualities.

This is an Indiana Jones for fans of Speilberg/Bay's Transformers.

I'll stick to the originals.

Old Post May 24th, 2008 01:53 PM
exanda kane

You're right. I love Transformers.

Actually, no I didn't. Not one bit. How does that work?

Old Post May 24th, 2008 02:46 PM
queeq
Chaos

I did... bs story but great fun. But indy has history, TF does not.

Old Post May 24th, 2008 05:06 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

It does. G1.

If you meant its not tied to history, like Indy is then yeah I totally agree. Not many Nazis and ancient civilizations in TFs.

Old Post May 25th, 2008 02:29 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Originally posted by exanda kane
You're right. I love Transformers.

Actually, no I didn't. Not one bit. How does that work?

It works like that because I wasn't casting judgement on your liking/non-liking of TFs. You ignored this and proceeded straight to hystrionics.

But what I WAS saying the audience that is likely to put up with the diminishing of the things they loved before for the newer but hollower, shinier, faster camera movements version does seem to be the majority these days. As exhibited with Transformers, another spiritless braindead movie that looked flash and had the advantage of having Speilberg's promotional machine whip up the audience into a frenzy before its release selling it as one thing, while delivering quite another.

That is the crowd who will eat up anything with speilberg's name on it and lap it up, garbage or not.

Im sick of inferior rehashes.

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on May 25th, 2008 at 02:41 PM

Old Post May 25th, 2008 02:38 PM
queeq
Chaos

Yeah... it's a shame though. Why would Spielberg need to rehash?

Old Post May 25th, 2008 10:46 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Why bother doing another Indiana Jones movie at all..?
For our hard earned ticket cash.

Hence why Karen Allen's character was utterly utterly wasted as an under developed happy clappy "Stepford wives" version of a previously beloved character.

Feature the name, alluding to great things to get folks to put bums on seats, only to deliver something else (usually inferior), jerking the audience around. sad

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on May 28th, 2008 at 06:53 PM

Old Post May 28th, 2008 06:46 PM
queeq
Chaos

He has enough of that.

Old Post May 28th, 2008 06:47 PM