KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Indiana Jones » If Indy IV does well, do you think they'll make more

If Indy IV does well, do you think they'll make more
Started by: OB1-adobe

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (17): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

While other greats have had a re-imaging (Eg. Rocky Balboa, Rambo IV, Die Hard: 4.0, Star Trek (2009) and even Batman) Indy IV seems to be a step back in the series, with Steven Spielberg seeming to lose his eye catching sense of direction with IV becoming a more Lucas esque failure.

I think that, although it was nice to see Harrison cracking Indy's whip once more, and the film is a pleasent, fun, and if not irrevocably nostalgic addition to a film 'trilogy' (now quadrilogy) that I thought ended a year or so before I was born. the acting sells the film as does John Williams' score.

I didn't find any satisfaction from the film and found that GL and SS have given us their first joint bad movie. So I say it is time to pull out all the stops or stop altogether.

What ya's think?

A long time have I waited for this, my little green friend!

Last edited by Jedireaper on Jun 7th, 2008 at 02:23 PM

Old Post Jun 7th, 2008 02:10 PM
Jedireaper is currently offline Click here to Send Jedireaper a Private Message Find more posts by Jedireaper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Or they get their act together and redefine action cinema again, as they did in the past. They have the money and capabilities.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2008 07:20 AM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

My point exactly. smile

A long time have I waited for this, my little green friend!

Old Post Jun 8th, 2008 10:47 AM
Jedireaper is currently offline Click here to Send Jedireaper a Private Message Find more posts by Jedireaper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Well, they better do that then.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2008 11:06 AM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

quote: (post)
Originally posted by queeq
Or they get their act together and redefine action cinema again, as they did in the past. They have the money and capabilities.

What so they chose to make a "lacklustre-at-best" movie as a creative exercise this time round...?

If they possessed the capabilities to not be lame they should have used them in this movie, imo.

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Jun 8th, 2008 03:35 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

I don't think they chose to make it lacklustre... maybe they felt it was a walk in the park... I dunno... It just isn't the best card in the deck...

Old Post Jun 8th, 2008 08:57 PM
Mr Parker

the sad thing is they already ARE planning to make another triology despite the fact that Indy fans did not take to this one. mad

Old Post Jun 9th, 2008 07:49 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

How can fans not be responding to this movie when it's made so much money?

Old Post Jun 9th, 2008 08:21 PM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Hehehe... good one.

Well, maybe they do want to make a good Indy film again...

Old Post Jun 9th, 2008 09:49 PM
Jovan
Forbidden Drag

I am afraid they get confused... the movie will make money because it's Indiana Jones, not because it's good. Same problem that Star Wars had: it's the name that generates money here.

Best solution is to kick George Lucas away from the project: MUCH less CGI, MUCH less crap story... in short: pre-1990's Lucas!

Mr. Le Chiffre: No, I believe in a reasonable rate of return.
James Bond: Now the whole world will know you died while you were scratching my balls!

Old Post Jun 9th, 2008 09:54 PM
Jovan is currently offline Click here to Send Jovan a Private Message Find more posts by Jovan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

yeah this latest Indiana Jones movie made as much as money as it did cause of the name alone.yeah that is a good solution.Thats what people dont get about The Star Wars prequals,they always bring up that lame argument that if they were so bad then why did they make so much money.well thats because of the name alone.No way would those movies have done what they did box office if it werent for the greatness of the original star wars trilogy.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2008 10:39 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

I agree.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2008 06:43 AM
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

Okay, that makes sense. But if a movie makes money in its first weekend, yeah. It's due to hype and big names and all that jazz. But for a movie to do well weekend after weekend like Indiana Jones and the Star Wars prequels did, I would think someone somewhere would think they were really good.

When you say "good," you're really just comparing it to the original movies, which are great. Compared to them, the newer movies really aren't that good. But as stand-alones movies that are part of a series, they're not as bad as a lot of people make them out to be...just Star Wars Episode One...which never happened. wink

Old Post Jun 10th, 2008 12:47 PM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jovan
Forbidden Drag

I still feel they could have named this movie "National Treasure 3: Going International". Ok, a couple of jokes wouldn't have worked but there was not much difference between the two for me.

And to answer about weekend and weekends of money gains: I've seen the movie and had an invitation to go see it with two other groups... for free (I mean: they pay my ticket). I could have gone of course: 2 free hours of cinema but I didn't go because it's just so lousy.
Ok, it's a weak explanation and it does not cover everything: but sometimes people see it again just to hang around with others, not because it's good. And in this instance: there was no other movie appealing enough to go and see besides Indy IV. And of course you have some nuts that think it was the best movie (or some that say it wasn't that bad) so they indeed see it multiple times. But everywhere I hear of people that saw it, the tenure is that it was bad... not just "not good" but bad...

Mr. Le Chiffre: No, I believe in a reasonable rate of return.
James Bond: Now the whole world will know you died while you were scratching my balls!

Old Post Jun 10th, 2008 06:11 PM
Jovan is currently offline Click here to Send Jovan a Private Message Find more posts by Jovan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Originally posted by willofthewisp
Okay, that makes sense. But if a movie makes money in its first weekend, yeah. It's due to hype and big names and all that jazz. But for a movie to do well weekend after weekend like Indiana Jones and the Star Wars prequels did, I would think someone somewhere would think they were really good.

When you say "good," you're really just comparing it to the original movies, which are great. Compared to them, the newer movies really aren't that good. But as stand-alones movies that are part of a series, they're not as bad as a lot of people make them out to be...just Star Wars Episode One...which never happened. wink

you got to remember that there are millions out there who will go back time and time again just to see a movie with a lot of great special effects and cant see past that to see how horribly written they are.movies such as the star wars prequals,spiderman,and batman 89 would not have been the huge blockbusters at the theaters that they were without being so extremely popular like they are.We'll never know if thats the case with Indiana Jones since Ford is a huge box office draw.I guarantee millions of familys around the country only went back time and time again cause theres millions of spoiled kids in this country who get their way.

I know that cause I used to always talk about how much I hated the movies I mentioned with a passion when they first came out to my neighbors,co workers,every person I came in touch with,and with familys it was the same story everytiime,they only went back to the theaters to see those films many times cause their kids wanted them to take them.not cause they wanted to.So it would be absurd to say that didnt go on around the country.

Now that point would work with a movie like Titanic,Lord Of The Rings or Harry Potter-I never had heard of Harry Potter before that film came out,but it doesnt work for those other films I mentioned or Indy 4.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2008 07:19 PM
Mr Parker

Originally posted by Jovan
I still feel they could have named this movie "National Treasure 3: Going International". Ok, a couple of jokes wouldn't have worked but there was not much difference between the two for me.

And to answer about weekend and weekends of money gains: I've seen the movie and had an invitation to go see it with two other groups... for free (I mean: they pay my ticket). I could have gone of course: 2 free hours of cinema but I didn't go because it's just so lousy.
Ok, it's a weak explanation and it does not cover everything: but sometimes people see it again just to hang around with others, not because it's good. And in this instance: there was no other movie appealing enough to go and see besides Indy IV. And of course you have some nuts that think it was the best movie (or some that say it wasn't that bad) so they indeed see it multiple times. But everywhere I hear of people that saw it, the tenure is that it was bad... not just "not good" but bad...

thats also a good point.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2008 07:20 PM
queeq
Chaos

Well.. bad. ... Disappointing...yes.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2008 06:41 AM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

The whole movie washes over me intellect like a massive wave of "bummer".

It drowns the collective audience's IQ in it. stick out tongue

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Jun 11th, 2008 07:20 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Painful indeed.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2008 10:29 PM
KMC's Superboy
Boy Of Steel

they will make more lucas wanted to make five

Old Post Jun 15th, 2008 03:34 AM
KMC's Superboy is currently offline Click here to Send KMC's Superboy a Private Message Find more posts by KMC's Superboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote