KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » Tia/Calypso

Tia/Calypso
Started by: shannstar79

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
potcfan2003

totally

thank you to Mrs.Fish for the siggy!!

Old Post Jun 13th, 2007 07:41 PM
potcfan2003 is currently offline Click here to Send potcfan2003 a Private Message Find more posts by potcfan2003 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mrs Fish

True that joanjoan!!
And we can't forget about the jar of dirt!!
She did give it to him so he would be safe(or at least feel safe) from Davy and the black spot...
So in one way or another I think she cares for Jack!

Old Post Jun 13th, 2007 10:01 PM
Mrs Fish is currently offline Click here to Send Mrs Fish a Private Message Find more posts by Mrs Fish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
potcfan2003

I have an icon on aim that says- I got a jar of dirt i got a jar of dirt. Then it has a picture of Jack holding a jar of dirt... It's my FAVORITE icon so far.. besides the one of Will that I had a while ago that was" I can't leave without Jack.. never mind, let's go."

Old Post Jun 14th, 2007 12:27 AM
potcfan2003 is currently offline Click here to Send potcfan2003 a Private Message Find more posts by potcfan2003 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sweet Escape
Paparazzi

I love Tia/Calypso.

There's such a sad story behind her and DJ. And they both hurt each other terribly.

And Crabs were always her thing. The lockets, the fortune things (A touch of destiny...), When the Black Pearl gets back to the sea about a thousand crabs carry it to the sea, and she picks on up (Obviously she had something to do with that) So it makes sense, in a weird type of way.

And in another way, it was her kind of running away from the Pirates. Because Will told her how Davey Jones was the one to tell them how to imprison her. So in that moment, she was angry, but she was more hurt than angry. And in my opinion she just wanted to get away. Like she didn't want to believe it was DJ, because she loves him so much. Maybe I'm looking too deeply into it, but it works for me.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2007 03:40 AM
Sweet Escape is currently offline Click here to Send Sweet Escape a Private Message Find more posts by Sweet Escape Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
potcfan2003

true...

Old Post Jun 14th, 2007 07:26 PM
texgodiva2s
IyamwhatIyam

Ah, crabs--they can regenerate claws lost for whatever reason, they are dedicated once they latch on to something--they don't care if they lose a claw if that's what they think they want. They can live in and out of the water. They have a hard hard exterior and a soft soft heart. They molt, change...regularly. Much nicer than gasping big mouth bass don't you suppose.

Siggy by Savvy wink

Old Post Jun 19th, 2007 03:23 AM
texgodiva2s is currently offline Click here to Send texgodiva2s a Private Message Find more posts by texgodiva2s Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sweet Escape
Paparazzi

I like that thought a lot texgodiva.

Tia/Calypso is without a doubt my favorite character in the entire series.

I feel like I can relate to her in so many ways. Especially the line 'Many things you were Davy Jones, but you were never cruel.'

Thats exactly how I feel towards someone who was the best friend I've ever had... sad Someone at this very website.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2007 03:31 AM
Sweet Escape is currently offline Click here to Send Sweet Escape a Private Message Find more posts by Sweet Escape Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

What was that terrible wrath she was going to bring on them? A whirlpool that did nothing at all?

Old Post Jun 19th, 2007 03:49 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
IheartPocky
Not a sausage..

Nothing at all? Haha

He did fall in it. But, with her talk of "a touch of destiny" with will.. she probably knew he was gonna die. And.. well.. she sucked him in! hehe

Old Post Jun 19th, 2007 04:13 AM
IheartPocky is currently offline Click here to Send IheartPocky a Private Message Find more posts by IheartPocky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sweet Escape
Paparazzi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by King Kandy
What was that terrible wrath she was going to bring on them? A whirlpool that did nothing at all?

She was going to bring wrath upon because she was mad that they imprisoned her. But when Will told her it was Davy Jones who told them how to do it, she didn't care about them. Imagine the person you were in love with betrayed you like that. How would you feel? She was hurt, and angry. So she made the whirlpool so they could fight Davey Jones one on one, and they had a chance to kill him.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2007 05:42 AM
potcfan2003

I never thought of it that way...

Old Post Jun 19th, 2007 11:55 PM
Sweet Escape
Paparazzi

stick out tongue

I just love Tia, so I might be over analyzing everything, but it works for me stick out tongue

Old Post Jun 20th, 2007 01:50 AM
LoveJackSparrow
I Love Jack/Johnny!

i guess now that you have explained everything ( and i mean im counting everybody that also explained things too ) It makes since to me, somtimes even though i just LOVE PotC things get up to me that i just cant understand, you know everybody has those times right? Thats one reason why i love this site so i can understand more about PotC and share other ideas for PotC...you meet people that are just like you but except that some are on different ships. And i also trust others that are just like me...cause you can understand them and my friends they arent as much opsessed with PotC so its hard for them to get what i'm saying and stuff.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2007 02:40 AM
LoveJackSparrow is currently offline Click here to Send LoveJackSparrow a Private Message Find more posts by LoveJackSparrow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sweet Escape
Paparazzi

Yeah, Tia is surrounded by mystery. Thats why I love her so much. She's easily my favorite.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2007 05:03 AM
binkii70

Prior to dissolving into a swarm of crabs, Calypso shouts an incantation which in the script reads: "Malfaiteur en Tombeau, Crochir l'Esplanade, Dans l'Fond d'l'eau!". This roughly means "Across all the waters, find the path to he who wrongfully entombed me", evidently referring to Davy Jones.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2013 05:10 PM
binkii70 is currently offline Find more posts by binkii70 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
COG Veteran
Teh GrOovY 1

quote: (post)
Originally posted by binkii70
Prior to dissolving into a swarm of crabs, Calypso shouts an incantation which in the script reads: "Malfaiteur en Tombeau, Crochir l'Esplanade, Dans l'Fond d'l'eau!". This roughly means "Across all the waters, find the path to he who wrongfully entombed me", evidently referring to Davy Jones.

Hmmmmm... Interesting. Thanks for finding that out. I never gave it much thought.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2013 07:02 PM
COG Veteran is currently offline Click here to Send COG Veteran a Private Message Find more posts by COG Veteran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bigblue442

yeah

Old Post Dec 1st, 2014 08:30 AM
Bigblue442 is currently offline Click here to Send Bigblue442 a Private Message Find more posts by Bigblue442 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote