KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Artwork Forum » Mist's Rack

Mist's Rack
Started by: Mišt

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Hazardous

Worried Mist's Rack

Teehee, now you can say you were checking out my rack.

Perverts.

At the moment Im trying out different tutorials to make stuff instead of relying on jpgs all the time, these are made from scratch in photoshop...

(please log in to view the image)

1.+ Lens Flare

More later, etc.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2007 09:10 AM
Hazardous is currently offline Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Nice rack

Old Post Jun 5th, 2007 09:54 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Notice how KMC didn't get the proper title for use in the URL? It's missing the first letter from each word.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2007 09:59 AM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Strangelove
Nice rack

Sicko

Originally posted by Tattoo
Notice how KMC didn't get the proper title for use in the URL? It's missing the first letter from each word.

Yeah I noticed, I thought it was just doing that for Caps letters, but its only my thread My thread is faulty

Old Post Jun 5th, 2007 10:02 AM
Hazardous is currently offline Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Da Pittman
"Pitt Happens"

Nice work, I like the creative use of the filters. How did you create the stars, they are very well done.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2007 12:34 PM
Da Pittman is currently offline Click here to Send Da Pittman a Private Message Find more posts by Da Pittman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

Originally posted by ThePittman
Nice work, I like the creative use of the filters. How did you create the stars, they are very well done.

Starfield Tutorial

Start with a black layer (base, this one doesnt get touched), then add another black layer and add noise filter. Adjust levels to remove about 1/2, and to brighten the remaining ones.
Duplicate this layer, scale it up to make it bigger, repeat levels process til you only have a small amount. Only scale a small amount, they're stars not planets stick out tongue Link and merge the two layers.
Grab the eraser and just randomly remove about half the stars, just do streaks all over the place, make it messy.
Get the clone tool and set it to Screen, then clone bits of the stars into whatever shape you want, to get that star dusty type appearance. Fill in any black areas if you want, but make sure you leave some areas black so it looks random.

Duplicate the layer and add Gaussian Blur to it, enough to turn them into a big blob. Put the blob layer on top of the small stars layer, make it Linear Dodge. Adjust color balance on the blob to make a color. Duplicate the layer if you want it to be a bit more colorful, and also increase the blur on it about twice the size.
Now make a new layer, fill with black, set to Linear Dodge, and stick a blue lens flare on it, try to put it in the centre so you dont get the edges on it when you move it around. Scale it down to about twice the size of a star, then duplicate it and scale down half of that. You should have 2 flares, a big and small one. Stick these wherever you want, and duplicate them a couple more times to put more on.

Also, on mine I added an extra fat glow (by accident, but it looked cool so I kept it). Easily done by drawing a a fuzzy brush set to high size around in whatever shape, then Gaussian Blur it a lot, and adjust color balance. You dont need this layer if you want a realistic star picture.

As far as changing colors, so far the only way I've gotten it to work properly is by using Adjustments> Color Balance. Any other way just hasnt worked out. Otherwise you have to adjust layer properties so your whole layer doesnt get colored and its a mess, color balance just does it nice and quick.

Heres my .psd file with the stars on it, check the layer properties and stuff in case I forgot something, play around with colors, etc.
~3mb.

http://download.yousendit.com/D5EEA7A627FE2F07 (link lasts 7 days)

Also, for stars circling the planet, they were quick and easy. Just select the custom brush of the circle with transparent centre, make a long oval shape, fill it black, add noise, use levels to tone it down, use color balance to change color. Set it to screen so the black fill disappears and leaves just the stars. Rotate/scale/move, then erase the part that is supposed to go behind the planet.Dont need to do anything else.

That'll be $4

Old Post Jun 5th, 2007 01:19 PM
Hazardous

Just mucking around quickly trying to remember the steps. Also needed a new wallpaper.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2007 01:31 PM
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

Make one of Barktune.

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Jun 5th, 2007 01:42 PM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

kk jus look 4 uranus lolz lol pwnt etc etc ect oops i mean etc..

Old Post Jun 5th, 2007 01:45 PM
Barker

ahhahah u sed ur anus its lik ur anus but its only a plennet mebbe is a balck hoal?

Old Post Jun 5th, 2007 01:53 PM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Da Pittman
"Pitt Happens"

Originally posted by Mišt
Starfield Tutorial

Start with a black layer (base, this one doesnt get touched), then add another black layer and add noise filter. Adjust levels to remove about 1/2, and to brighten the remaining ones.
Duplicate this layer, scale it up to make it bigger, repeat levels process til you only have a small amount. Only scale a small amount, they're stars not planets stick out tongue Link and merge the two layers.
Grab the eraser and just randomly remove about half the stars, just do streaks all over the place, make it messy.
Get the clone tool and set it to Screen, then clone bits of the stars into whatever shape you want, to get that star dusty type appearance. Fill in any black areas if you want, but make sure you leave some areas black so it looks random.

Duplicate the layer and add Gaussian Blur to it, enough to turn them into a big blob. Put the blob layer on top of the small stars layer, make it Linear Dodge. Adjust color balance on the blob to make a color. Duplicate the layer if you want it to be a bit more colorful, and also increase the blur on it about twice the size.
Now make a new layer, fill with black, set to Linear Dodge, and stick a blue lens flare on it, try to put it in the centre so you dont get the edges on it when you move it around. Scale it down to about twice the size of a star, then duplicate it and scale down half of that. You should have 2 flares, a big and small one. Stick these wherever you want, and duplicate them a couple more times to put more on.

Also, on mine I added an extra fat glow (by accident, but it looked cool so I kept it). Easily done by drawing a a fuzzy brush set to high size around in whatever shape, then Gaussian Blur it a lot, and adjust color balance. You dont need this layer if you want a realistic star picture.

As far as changing colors, so far the only way I've gotten it to work properly is by using Adjustments> Color Balance. Any other way just hasnt worked out. Otherwise you have to adjust layer properties so your whole layer doesnt get colored and its a mess, color balance just does it nice and quick.

Heres my .psd file with the stars on it, check the layer properties and stuff in case I forgot something, play around with colors, etc.
~3mb.

http://download.yousendit.com/D5EEA7A627FE2F07 (link lasts 7 days)

Also, for stars circling the planet, they were quick and easy. Just select the custom brush of the circle with transparent centre, make a long oval shape, fill it black, add noise, use levels to tone it down, use color balance to change color. Set it to screen so the black fill disappears and leaves just the stars. Rotate/scale/move, then erase the part that is supposed to go behind the planet.Dont need to do anything else.

That'll be $4
Here you go stick out tongue

and thanks smile

Old Post Jun 5th, 2007 02:12 PM
Da Pittman is currently offline Click here to Send Da Pittman a Private Message Find more posts by Da Pittman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
silver_tears

I like em.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2007 08:46 PM
silver_tears is currently offline Click here to Send silver_tears a Private Message Find more posts by silver_tears Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Punkyhermy
like memory in motion

these are gorgeous!eek!

Old Post Jun 6th, 2007 02:56 AM
Punkyhermy is currently offline Click here to Send Punkyhermy a Private Message Find more posts by Punkyhermy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ThorinWoofer
Static Stance

Nice rack, a bit small and narrow though.

Please Respond To My PM Barker

Old Post Jun 6th, 2007 05:13 AM
ThorinWoofer is currently offline Click here to Send ThorinWoofer a Private Message Find more posts by ThorinWoofer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker

Originally posted by Thorrin
Nice rack, a bit small and narrow though.

lol pwnt.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2007 05:16 AM
Emma718
posthuman

Re: Mist's Rack

checking out my rack.

right.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2007 11:28 AM
Emma718 is currently offline Click here to Send Emma718 a Private Message Find more posts by Emma718 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

Stalker

Old Post Jun 6th, 2007 12:37 PM
Council#13
The Omega Male

Those planets look super cool! eek! Or... you could just paraphrase that so it sounds a lot less childish.

"Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one." -Dr. Seuss

Old Post Jun 6th, 2007 12:46 PM
Council#13 is currently offline Click here to Send Council#13 a Private Message Find more posts by Council#13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emma718
posthuman

Stalker

damn, you caught me... no expression ninja messed

laughing out loud

Old Post Jun 7th, 2007 01:07 AM
Emma718 is currently offline Click here to Send Emma718 a Private Message Find more posts by Emma718 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Roulette
Freak

Very nice work, Mr Mist! ...

the colors are ness

Madness, as you know, is like gravity...all it takes is a little push.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2007 11:49 AM
Roulette is currently offline Click here to Send Roulette a Private Message Find more posts by Roulette Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote