KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » Willobeth

Willobeth
Started by: potcfan2003

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (35): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Emma718
posthuman

RUM. RUM. RUM.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2007 11:30 AM
Emma718 is currently offline Click here to Send Emma718 a Private Message Find more posts by Emma718 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

okay.. back to the willabeth topic mate.. stick out tongue

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2007 11:32 AM
Jaeh is currently offline Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emma718
posthuman

good thinking.

willabeth..soooooo

Old Post Jun 6th, 2007 11:34 AM
Emma718 is currently offline Click here to Send Emma718 a Private Message Find more posts by Emma718 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

sooo what?

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2007 11:35 AM
Jaeh is currently offline Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emma718
posthuman

i don't know lol

Old Post Jun 6th, 2007 11:36 AM
Jaeh
Possibly here.

lol..

Willabeth is pretty interesting, but i already saw it on the movie so it isn't fun to explore anymore.. sad erm

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2007 11:39 AM
Surreal_44

Well, there's still plenty to talk about. We can talk about how their relationship has grown, we can talk about how pretty they look together and that absolutely gorgeous kiss on the Pearl, we could talk about what they'll do for the ten years that Will must serve on the Dutchman, and we can talk about what they'll do once he's completed his term.

Also, an interesting point to consider is that Ted, one of the writers, mentioned that he does not think Will's heart can ever be replaced. We could discuss whether or not we feel he's correct (Ted opened this up for debate, although he'd prefer it if we use the context of the movie to prove/disprove his theory). Also on the same topic, we could discuss how this would affect his relationship with Elizabeth (if at all), or if it affects his life span. If it doesn't, then it's all good. But if he's immortal now, what would he and Elizabeth do?

Plus there's tons of other things we could discuss. Anyone want to start? big grin

~Banner made by JES, avatar made by Veronica_Rich. Thanks, girls!!~

Old Post Jun 6th, 2007 12:50 PM
Surreal_44 is currently offline Click here to Send Surreal_44 a Private Message Find more posts by Surreal_44 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lovethemtigers

^^^not me......

Old Post Jun 6th, 2007 01:26 PM
lovethemtigers is currently offline Click here to Send lovethemtigers a Private Message Find more posts by lovethemtigers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surreal_44

Why not?

Old Post Jun 6th, 2007 01:32 PM
Surreal_44 is currently offline Click here to Send Surreal_44 a Private Message Find more posts by Surreal_44 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mistypirate
Viva Sparrabeth!!

what is willobeth? confused

Old Post Jun 6th, 2007 03:06 PM
Mistypirate is currently offline Click here to Send Mistypirate a Private Message Find more posts by Mistypirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifzensinril
Meself

willobeth is bad written willabeth, because willobeth means willofthewisp+Elizabeth and that's not good

A sparrabeth fanlisting love

Old Post Jun 6th, 2007 04:02 PM
Sifzensinril is currently offline Click here to Send Sifzensinril a Private Message Find more posts by Sifzensinril Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tee_pirategirl
YoHo!YoHo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surreal_44
Well, there's still plenty to talk about. We can talk about how their relationship has grown, we can talk about how pretty they look together and that absolutely gorgeous kiss on the Pearl, we could talk about what they'll do for the ten years that Will must serve on the Dutchman, and we can talk about what they'll do once he's completed his term.

Also, an interesting point to consider is that Ted, one of the writers, mentioned that he does not think Will's heart can ever be replaced. We could discuss whether or not we feel he's correct (Ted opened this up for debate, although he'd prefer it if we use the context of the movie to prove/disprove his theory). Also on the same topic, we could discuss how this would affect his relationship with Elizabeth (if at all), or if it affects his life span. If it doesn't, then it's all good. But if he's immortal now, what would he and Elizabeth do?

Plus there's tons of other things we could discuss. Anyone want to start? big grin

I don't think he's immortal. Afterall the orginal curse (as portrayed in the boadway show) as you've said many times is broken after 10 years so...

Freedom...

Old Post Jun 6th, 2007 05:50 PM
tee_pirategirl is currently offline Click here to Send tee_pirategirl a Private Message Find more posts by tee_pirategirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surreal_44

Yes, the original 'curse' (now I'm not sure if it was a curse or not) is broken, but Ted mentioned that the removal of the heart is Jones' own geas.

Since it's magical and all that, you think then that Will will age along with Elizabeth and die?

Old Post Jun 6th, 2007 05:52 PM
tee_pirategirl
YoHo!YoHo!

I got that impresion but I haven't been on WOrplayer in a long while so I'm not in on what T&T have been saying but yeah I think he's mortal now.

You don't? And why?

Freedom...

Old Post Jun 6th, 2007 06:03 PM
tee_pirategirl is currently offline Click here to Send tee_pirategirl a Private Message Find more posts by tee_pirategirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surreal_44

Actually, I don't think Ted or Terry has covered whether or not Will is mortal or immortal. Methinks that might be covered in the fourth film, so they might never respond to inquiries about it until Pirates 4 is green-lighted for certain.

I'm a bit torn on the immortality issue. On the one hand since it's all magical it kind of makes you wonder if Will won't just go on living forever, or you know, until the world blows up or whatever. But by the same token, Will seems to have aged by the very end of the film.

It's a bit of a puzzler, isn't it? big grin

On a purely fanon basis, I like the idea of Will, Lizzie, Jack, Barbossa and crew all becoming immortal and driving each other mad for the next couple of centuries. Loads of fun stories could come from that, don't you think? smile

Old Post Jun 6th, 2007 07:56 PM
potcfan2003

I went to the drive in to see it as i saw the first two, and my friend and i were bawling our eyes out. I could hear my friend sobbing. everyone stared at us because when he was stabbed we both screamed and burst into like hysterics. someone's mom said that it was like we could feel the sword stabbing us. everyone screamed when he was on the fd after it came up.. then we cried again bc we were so happy...

thank you to Mrs.Fish for the siggy!!

Old Post Jun 6th, 2007 09:55 PM
potcfan2003 is currently offline Click here to Send potcfan2003 a Private Message Find more posts by potcfan2003 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surreal_44

My best friend grabbed my arm and basically crushed it when Will was stabbed. I had some warning it was going to happen, but I was really not expecting such a dirty trick, and I was too surprised to respond much. Then I handed her a tissue, because I am the Bringer of Tissues to all films we attend. wink

Old Post Jun 6th, 2007 10:03 PM
potcfan2003

i tease my friend all the time because i could here her.. i was just hysterical, but she was loopy.. she was like.. NO!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOO!!! WHY!!WHY!!! and then she practicly suffocated me. one kid who went on my site said he was laughing and i almost had to shut down my site bc people were using it as a way to like verbally abbuse him... i have very dramtic friends..

thank you to Mrs.Fish for the siggy!!

Old Post Jun 6th, 2007 11:12 PM
potcfan2003 is currently offline Click here to Send potcfan2003 a Private Message Find more posts by potcfan2003 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

It was hard to watch. Back to the curse, I would think that if it was actually over after the 10 years, then it would be over with no strings attached, almost like it never happened at all. I would think as soon as Will steps on land he would be able to feel his heart beating and he would be a regular guy again. I don't like the fact of him staying immortal because that means he will stay exactly how he is and has to watch Elizabeth age, grow old, lose her health, and eventually die. The same with his son. That would just be horrible. So I would think that he would get his heart back. Maybe the writers meant that figuratively, he has lost his heart to Liz. She's always had it anyway, to quote Will.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2007 12:15 AM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

I was like, Oh my goodness! and my eyes are watery and i was surprised.. though i already knew that was gonna happen...

We could just wait for 4... wink

but there's no fun in that is there? big grin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surreal_44

On a purely fanon basis, I like the idea of Will, Lizzie, Jack, Barbossa and crew all becoming immortal and driving each other mad for the next couple of centuries. Loads of fun stories could come from that, don't you think? smile

that actually sounds kinda fun.... big grin

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2007 01:51 AM