KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Who did Orochimaru try to summon? (Spoiler?)

Who did Orochimaru try to summon? (Spoiler?)
Started by: llagrok

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

Who did Orochimaru try to summon? (Spoiler?)

So I was reading a couple of old manga the other day, "old", and I reread the Kage fight. There was one thing that didn't quite make sense though.

When fighting Sarutobi Orochimaru attempted to summon three coffins with the Edo Tensei. Shodaime, Nidaime and ? Most people instantly assume it was Yondaime, but that's impossible.

Yondaime died using the sealing technique that gives his soul to death god, in the same way that Sarutobi eventually dies. This techniques keeps any sealed soul and such from being summoned back with the edo tensei.

So who was Orochimaru going to summon? Any thoughts?

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post Jun 6th, 2007 08:13 PM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by llagrok
So I was reading a couple of old manga the other day, "old", and I reread the Kage fight. There was one thing that didn't quite make sense though.

When fighting Sarutobi Orochimaru attempted to summon three coffins with the Edo Tensei. Shodaime, Nidaime and ? Most people instantly assume it was Yondaime, but that's impossible.

Yondaime died using the sealing technique that gives his soul to death god, in the same way that Sarutobi eventually dies. This techniques keeps any sealed soul and such from being summoned back with the edo tensei.

So who was Orochimaru going to summon? Any thoughts?

Unkown. I'm pretty sure the fourth was only 'shown' in the Anime.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2007 08:59 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Magee

What does the symbol on the third coffin say? Maybe uchiha madara though I doubt the creators even really thought about who was supposed to be in it as no one was ever intended to come out so anyone you can think of could be said to be inside it.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2007 10:23 PM
Magee is currently offline Click here to Send Magee a Private Message Find more posts by Magee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Red

no expression He summoned the 1st and 2nd Hokages. no expression So last year people. no expression

Old Post Jun 6th, 2007 11:12 PM
The Red is currently offline Click here to Send The Red a Private Message Find more posts by The Red Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ladov52014

idk man if thats right or not cause look at this website and shows the picture and tells u the numbers and its clearly 1 2 and 4 sooo hummm maybe thats a good thing the 3rd stopped it cause it might of done somthing to the death god and the seal who knows

Old Post Jun 7th, 2007 12:12 AM
ladov52014 is currently offline Click here to Send ladov52014 a Private Message Find more posts by ladov52014 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

The number on the third coffin is "Four"

Don't think to hard about it.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2007 01:00 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Magee

lol well if the coffin has the number 4 on it ffs and the 1st and 2nd hokages where in the other two its obvious who the other one was. Thinking back on that episode im sure sarutobi says something about stoping the 4th from coming out?

Old Post Jun 7th, 2007 01:27 AM
Magee is currently offline Click here to Send Magee a Private Message Find more posts by Magee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Maybe he was going to summon Sautobi

Or maybe it was the 4th.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2007 03:49 AM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

did you read my post at all? smile

It couldn't have been the fourth, since he died doing the über seal.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2007 06:07 AM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Sutekh

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Jun 7th, 2007 06:12 AM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

The person who was going to be resurrected was obviously Haku. THe writier fo the manga stated that Haku is the most powerful Ninja in Naruto history.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2007 06:27 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Magee

Originally posted by llagrok
did you read my post at all? smile

It couldn't have been the fourth, since he died doing the über seal.
Well he was never gonna come out anyway so does it matter? Inconsistencies are everywhere. Infact was it ever said the 4th used the death god sealing technique, there are other sealing techniques...

Old Post Jun 7th, 2007 11:09 AM
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Magee
Well he was never gonna come out anyway so does it matter? Inconsistencies are everywhere. Infact was it ever said the 4th used the death god sealing technique, there are other sealing techniques...

Sarutobi mentioned that Yondaime invented the technique.

Also, didn't Sarutobi's tummy get a seal similar to Naruto's ?

Old Post Jun 7th, 2007 12:59 PM
leonheartmm

the history of the fourth is ambiguous. technically. the summoner and the victim are both sealed inside THE STOMACH OF THE SHINIGAMI{japanese grim reaper/death god}. so theres shouldnt be any PHYSICAL SEAL at all! if you think about sarutobi's example, the spirit of urochimaru's host body's hands was sealed INSIDE sarutobi himself{which is at first sight, a contradiction} and then supposedly, sarutobi's spirit was consumed by the death god and/or resided in its stomach in eternal combat with the spirit of urochimar's host's, hands{lol, thas technically true but it seems very improbable as a scenario}. now if you look at yondaime's case, either way, the seal should either NOT PHYSICALLY EXIST, orrrr SHOULD BE ON "HIS" BODY. but how come, yondaime's seal is in NARUTO'S BODY?????? if the death god pull the spirit of the victim by reaching his hand out through the chest of the CASTER{as in sarutobi's case} then the seal cant be on naruto can it, it doesnt make sense. conclusion, we dont really know what happened when the kyuubi attacked, and its kept in this ambiguous way to be mysterious, as uchiha madara, the kyuubi and yondaime{not to mention his likeness to naruto} are all undefined and kept mysterious and willl be a huge plot twist when revealed, for all we know yondaime is the head of akatsuki and using the technique to seal the beast in naruto, DIDNT have his soul consumed by shinigami. or maybe even he had full control of the shinigami{as he was the first one to develop a pact with the creature} and perhaps thats what makes him immune to it and have the power to become the head of akatsuki{i.e, greater than itachi who has the mangekyo shaaringan}. or MAAAAYBE, naruto himself is an unidentified UCHIHA{lol}. ofcourse there was a reason why sarutobi was so worried about the later coffin{he knew the first two were the first two hokages} and said, "i must stop the third one at all costs" probably relating to the fact that even though he was powerful enough to deal with the first two, yondaime was way too powerful eve for him.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2007 01:27 PM
leonheartmm is currently offline Find more posts by leonheartmm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonheartmm

actually there is a possible solution to all this. naruto IS yondaime hokage, he was sealing the kyuubi in himself and being so skilled, was able to defy his soul being eaten and had to settle for shinigami devolving him and turning him into a newborn baby and taking away his memories. that wold explain the seal on his belly. and the fact that he looks like yondaime and also that he was born on the day the kyuubi attacked.{LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!} and ill almost bet on anything that yondaime's nature manipulation was also WIND ELEMENT like naruto. maybe he planned all this so he would be born as the strongest jinchuuriko. or maybe yondaime is the akatsuki leader and he didnt die at all, and sealed the kyuubi in naruto so that later on he can reclaim it{along with all other jinchhuuriko and create a new jinchuuriko as the old woman form the sand said}. after all, the first time pretimeskip, whne we see the shadows of all the gathered akatsuki for the first time, we can hear the leader say, our purpose is to capture the kyuubi and gain everything. hey not to mention the place where the kyuubi is sealed inside naruto bears a strong resemnblance to the place where the akatsuki stealing statue seems to be and the place that sasuke goes with hebi in the latest manga, i.e the uchiha hideout advanced City where the uchiha's kept their weapons. hmmmm, now how does madara fit into all this{DAMN IT WE NEED A NARUTO THEORY THREAD HERE WHERE PEOPLE ACTUALLY POST}

Last edited by leonheartmm on Jun 7th, 2007 at 01:47 PM

Old Post Jun 7th, 2007 01:37 PM
leonheartmm is currently offline Find more posts by leonheartmm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonheartmm

srry repost.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2007 01:45 PM
King Kandy

Well actualy the person being sealed has the seal as well... Orochimaru got the seal when his arms were taken.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2007 02:09 PM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Red

Do you all not read or pay attention to the series? The person doing the seal can seal it in any body. It isn't just theirselves. Naruto was a baby at the time and damnit I can't give too much away. I already know who the damn 4th really is. erm

Old Post Jun 7th, 2007 03:34 PM
The Red is currently offline Click here to Send The Red a Private Message Find more posts by The Red Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kero_Co
One Track Lover

Look people, the four on the coffin OBVIOUSLY stands for four mysterious little boys Orochimaru had his way with. He was going to summon them to seduce the Third, that's why it was so important that he stopped it, he wouldn't have been able to fight the temptation.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2007 04:13 PM
Kero_Co is currently offline Click here to Send Kero_Co a Private Message Find more posts by Kero_Co Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Violent2Dope
Restricted

Account Restricted

I know who he was going to summon. It was Samuel L. Jackson. Sarutobi knew that if Orochimaru were to bring him back it would be the destruction of the entire universe so he made sure that it didn't happen.

PYRON WOULD WIPE THE FLOOR WITH STORM LULZ!

Old Post Jun 7th, 2007 07:18 PM
Violent2Dope is currently offline Click here to Send Violent2Dope a Private Message Find more posts by Violent2Dope Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote