KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » H.j.f.s.h!

H.j.f.s.h!
Started by: Jaeh_JediPirate

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (26): « First ... « 24 25 [26]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bwa Ha Ha

LOL See what I mean?

Some just don't get it.

I'm discussing his acting skill, not age ratings.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2009 07:47 PM
Bwa Ha Ha is currently offline Click here to Send Bwa Ha Ha a Private Message Find more posts by Bwa Ha Ha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
siriuswriter

i think i get that he was trying to offend every race religion and ethnicity.

i thought some of it was hilarious - like the bit of throwing cash to the cockroach-transformed-jews. that's deeply offensive, but was hilarious.

i just don't think that two naked guys with nothing but a long narrow black censor to their name should have been given that much time. but yeah, i get the joke about homosexuality - i just think that about five minutes should have been cut out of the ten minute sequence.

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2009 11:23 PM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bwa Ha Ha

I five minutes were cut out, the scene would begin with Azamat Bagatov randomly running out into a hallway with Borat in pursuit. An actual fight scene needed to be set up.

People are never happy. Either scenes aren't set up well and therefore suck, or they're set up too well and therefore suck.

He's not out to offend. Really, this can all be explained easily by a quote I read somewhere:

"Was that an insult?"

"Only if it applies."

Old Post Nov 11th, 2009 01:16 AM
Bwa Ha Ha is currently offline Click here to Send Bwa Ha Ha a Private Message Find more posts by Bwa Ha Ha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PirateofOslo

I totally agree about the Sweeney Todd thing. He is so good in it. Hahaha and Madagascar!! I had no idea he was king Julian. He's hilarious!
After reading your post, I really wanna see Borat and Bruno now. It's not that I didn't want to see them before, I just don't really like that kind of comedy movies. But I guess there's more to it that just silliness, he obviously does an amazing acting performance. It's amazing how he can stay in character like that. Really admirable.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2009 11:23 PM
PirateofOslo is currently offline Click here to Send PirateofOslo a Private Message Find more posts by PirateofOslo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bwa Ha Ha

Oooh, thank you for taking my post to heart!

I warn you though, the first time watching Borat/Bruno you might be offended/disgusted/negative about it. You must have an open mind and be willing to broaden your horizons. Sure, there are some things that will slightly upset even the most open-minded people, but that's what the movie really is about. You see how other people would react to situations and sometimes you realize the world is really out of order.

I recommend watching Borat before Bruno, though. It works better as a pattern. Regardless, I'm sure you'll have to give them both several viewings to truly begin to appreciate the sheer talent there.

He would stay in character for hours at a time, not losing his nerve in even the riskiest of situations. When you're stuck in a closed ring with an enraged mob tossing metal chairs and other debris over the side and still manage to keep up your act, I think that merits an award of some sort.

Attachment: smiling bruno.jpg
This has been downloaded 44 time(s).

Old Post Nov 12th, 2009 01:50 AM
PirateofOslo

It definitely does!
I'm sure I'll get a shock or two, but I can handle it. I'll just be my happy self, and I'm sure it'll be just a good laugh smile It's not like he's offending someone in real life, it's his character that does it. Sorta :P But I understand that some people take it really seriously, and that's where the fun stops..

Old Post Nov 12th, 2009 08:27 AM
PirateofOslo is currently offline Click here to Send PirateofOslo a Private Message Find more posts by PirateofOslo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bwa Ha Ha

yes

I'm glad you see it that way!

And yes, sometimes it's kind of like when a person makes fun of themselves. He pokes fun at his own people, and his characters often talk about him in an insulting manner (flirtatious, in Bruno's case). When he makes fun of others, though, is when people start getting angry.

Just be aware, you've probably seen nothing like what he does in other movies. Just enjoy it. It's quite a change from the norm.

big grin I already reserved my copy of Bruno. For those interested, it comes out this Tuesday, November 17th.

Attachment: gloves.jpg
This has been downloaded 40 time(s).

Old Post Nov 15th, 2009 09:18 AM
PirateofOslo

When Bruno comes out, I'll get both that and Borat smile

Old Post Nov 15th, 2009 12:34 PM
Tramps Lady
Blaine

its already out here smile hehehehehehehe

oh, btw bwa. i ended up playing resident evil 4 with my controller smile

<3 21 JumpStreet <3

Old Post Nov 15th, 2009 12:57 PM
Tramps Lady is currently offline Click here to Send Tramps Lady a Private Message Find more posts by Tramps Lady Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bwa Ha Ha

To Andrea:
smile I'm happy for you! Hopefully you'll give it a second chance if it turns out you weren't quite ready for it. Also, like I said, Borat first. wink

To Tramps:
You lucky person. I'm getting it tommorow. So, how's RE4 going for you?

Also, my internet's being evil, so I can't provide a link, but: Anyone who likes Bruno and has an iPod Touch/iPhone, google 'Bruno iPhone iPod Touch Application'. You should find what I'm talking about soon enough. wink

Attachment: hormiguero.jpg
This has been downloaded 34 time(s).

Old Post Nov 17th, 2009 01:17 AM
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

i need ten Hallucination Jacks for three days for a.... party ninja
the payment is already in your captains quarters... that is all

Old Post Nov 17th, 2009 06:06 AM
That ACDC Chick is currently offline Click here to Send That ACDC Chick a Private Message Find more posts by That ACDC Chick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PirateofOslo

I'm sure I'll like them smilesmile

Old Post Nov 17th, 2009 08:08 AM
siriuswriter

um, there may be a deficiency with hallucination no. 21, ac/dc. i'm afraid that the so-called "tiny Jack" tried to challenge my cat to a swordfight...

.... he may be missing a view vital parts.

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2009 05:51 PM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

quote: (post)
Originally posted by siriuswriter
um, there may be a deficiency with hallucination no. 21, ac/dc. i'm afraid that the so-called "tiny Jack" tried to challenge my cat to a swordfight...

.... he may be missing a view vital parts.

poor Tiny Jack!!!1
ill take him anyway. hes perfect no matter what a cat lops off happy

Old Post Nov 18th, 2009 01:29 AM
That ACDC Chick is currently offline Click here to Send That ACDC Chick a Private Message Find more posts by That ACDC Chick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

I declare Bwa to be temporarily in charge of the shop while I'm gone.

sort of. haha.

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2009 04:17 AM
Jaeh is currently offline Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bwa Ha Ha

Aww! Thank you! I'm sure I'll make an excellent storekeeper. Apparently I'm also a good advertiser.

Andrea, I just watched Bruno again. And the special features on the DVD. My respect and admiration has increased by an unidentificated amount, if that's possible.

Attachment: golden globe.jpg
This has been downloaded 25 time(s).

Old Post Nov 18th, 2009 04:40 AM
PirateofOslo

I like that picture! Without all the costumes and stuff! He looks so normal. Really different from what we're used to.. smile

Old Post Nov 18th, 2009 11:12 AM
Bwa Ha Ha

big grin

He looks VERY different.

Attachment: jacket.jpg
This has been downloaded 20 time(s).

Old Post Nov 19th, 2009 05:49 AM