KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Transformers » Transformers soundtrack

Transformers soundtrack
Started by: darthmaul1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
darthmaul1

As it is they stand to loose money because they didn't release it when the movie came out, now when it hits the internet people will download it and not buy it.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2007 03:44 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

I'm sure they'll release it sometime when the dvd hits stores.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2007 11:33 PM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Well. Ive heard the soundtrack now.

Liked the Googoo dolls one.

Hated the others. This a TF soundtrack or an tri-annual show for the blandest most unimaginative, lacklustre and musically fad-ensnared emo bands in existance...?

The latter, imho. The only tune memorable enough in the movie so that I went home singing to myself: "Drive" by The Cars was left out....!

Dolts.

Bring back DiCola.

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Aug 9th, 2007 03:30 AM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

I was actually surprised to realize that the tunes played in Bumblebee's radio weren't on the soundtrack.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2007 03:32 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Probably a clearance/money decision.

SpeilBaycorp would have had to parted with a couple of dollars to make something cool for the fans that actually liked their movie.

So no, that couldn't happen.

Minimum outlay- Maximum return is the philosophy of all big businessmen.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2007 03:36 AM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

But the soundtrack didn't fit the movie in any sense. Horrible.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2007 03:37 AM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Yup I agree.

And the orchestral scoring could have been from any action movie (made by Bay) since The Rock.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2007 03:46 AM
Scythe
The Goat

The score that was played while the TF's entered earth's atmosphere I admit was pretty good. But the rest was just like, what?!

Old Post Aug 9th, 2007 03:50 AM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Still could have been from Armaggedeon.

I just wish he'd get someone else in to compose.
It feels like the same soundtrack all the time in all his films.

He may very well prefer it that way 'as a signature' of sorts. messed

Old Post Aug 9th, 2007 04:12 AM
Scythe
The Goat

Worked for Danny Elfman and John Williams.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2007 04:22 AM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Yeah but they both beat the shit out of whoever composes Bay's stuff. But Bay'd have to fork out for those guys..... So that wouldn't happen. Not with his being hired to effect things on a low commercial budget.

Pay peanuts= Get monkees as employees..

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on Aug 9th, 2007 at 04:27 AM

Old Post Aug 9th, 2007 04:24 AM
Scythe
The Goat

Well I'm saying, Bay was trying for that. He's such a young director, no wonder he needed Steven's help.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2007 04:37 AM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Young director...? I Remember watching The Rock like 11 years ago at the cinema. Lets face it. There are younger. Both age and career wise. Kevin smith made his debut a mere 2 years before Bay (And Bay had lots of experience in TV commercials before that.) So is Kevin Smith still regarded as new/young/fresh? Maybe comparitively when compared to say, Coppola or Romero but with big money and subject matter at hand, is "hes yooouuuuunnnnnnnng he'll learn the ropes" something we should still be thinking when the man's works have included such mastabatory atrocities as Pearl Harbour and Armaggedeon etc...?

I'd be very surprised if he all-of-a-suddenly learned what depth was.
If this guy directs his urine flow like he directs his camera movements, then I aint cleaning up after THAT dude!!!! stick out tongue

And eleven years is surely enough time for him to meet other composers.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2007 01:18 PM
darthmaul1

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Still could have been from Armaggedeon.

I just wish he'd get someone else in to compose.
It feels like the same soundtrack all the time in all his films.

He may very well prefer it that way 'as a signature' of sorts. messed

What about speilberg he uses John Williams 99% of the time, and Tim burton uses Danny elfman 99% of the time. they are all fine.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2007 06:46 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Maybe comparitively when compared to say, Coppola or Romero

Yeah, that's what I meant.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2007 04:12 AM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Originally posted by darthmaul1
What about speilberg he uses John Williams 99% of the time, and Tim burton uses Danny elfman 99% of the time. they are all fine.

And which of the following tunes are classics or even memorable, on that note...?

Spot the odd one out.
Theme to Jaws..
The Imperial March...
Close encounters score and end sequence's 5 note classic..
The Indy themes...
The armageddeon/the rock/transformers/pearl harbour shared score.
The Simpson's theme...
The Burton Batman themes for the first two films...

There is distinct composition and variation on Burton and William's works. Memorable and melodic as well as rhythmic.
Williams and Burton are capable of conveying a film's unique character. When I hear E.T's score, I know im watching E.T.
When I hear The Raiders march, I know Im watching Raiders of the lost ark.
When I hear the TFs score, I can't tell if Im watching TFs, The Rock or Armageddeon.

Now try humming any passage of music from the score of bay's films
without having to listen back to the films running.

Then, if that works, try humming or singing/whistling the Williams/Burton riffs to peeps to see if they recognise the tunes..... followed by whistling any Bay scores, and see who can recognise what.

A Bay film's scores are so lacking in actual content (especially compared to William's) that the composers are like 3 leagues apart, imho.

And the OST sounds more like a film about a bunch of Emo kids playing cage-fight in thier back yard.

The 1986 OST did not.

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on Aug 10th, 2007 at 11:06 AM

Old Post Aug 10th, 2007 11:00 AM
darthmaul1

All I was saying is that you can hear similarities in John's and Danny's Scores some of the parts in raiders sound like other works and so on. I don't mean the whole song just small parts,
and directors once they find a composer they like they tend to stick with them. Even Alin sylvestri , james horner, jerry goldsmith scores sound similar in places with their other works.
But If the score is done right and I listen to it I know what movie it is from without having to see the movie with it. Transformers score was excellent and so was the rock, you know a score is bad when you either don't notice it in the movie at all, or it make the movie suck

Old Post Aug 10th, 2007 04:19 PM
Scythe
The Goat

That's not saying much about the score's non-availablility to the public though.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2007 10:13 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Originally posted by darthmaul1
All I was saying is that you can hear similarities in John's and Danny's Scores some of the parts in raiders sound like other works and so on. I don't mean the whole song just small parts,
and directors once they find a composer they like they tend to stick with them. Even Alin sylvestri , james horner, jerry goldsmith scores sound similar in places with their other works.
But If the score is done right and I listen to it I know what movie it is from without having to see the movie with it. Transformers score was excellent and so was the rock, you know a score is bad when you either don't notice it in the movie at all, or it make the movie suck

...or if it lacks identifyable character. Which most of the rock there did for me....but then Im not a big emo fan. To mine ears, that mutemath shit was perhaps the worst transformers theme Ive heard.
Utterly lacking any feeling or semblance to the spirit of the subject matter.

Transformers spaced out in a prozac and thorazine binge, maybe.... stick out tongue

Old Post Aug 11th, 2007 04:18 PM
Scythe
The Goat

...or if it lacks identifyable character. Which most of the rock there did for me....but then Im not a big emo fan. To mine ears, that mutemath shit was perhaps the worst transformers theme Ive heard.
Utterly lacking any feeling or semblance to the spirit of the subject matter.

Transformers spaced out in a prozac and thorazine binge, maybe.... stick out tongue

I honestly liked the theme performed by Wishbone. Look it up.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2007 09:29 PM