KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Some info on Frodo

Some info on Frodo
Started by: Mersie

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dexx
wingless

the movies are long enough as they are...they had to chop something from the books out.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2002 08:03 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fergus

Hey guys,
I just wanted to say thanks to Mersie for all your help with the LOTR comp too...I stumbled across this while searching for answers like Senga did...There were some that I just couldn't find in the book so I thought I'd do a little scouting around and came across your queries so 'borrowed' some of your answers!!!
Good luck with the rest of the comp...

Old Post Dec 29th, 2002 08:10 AM
Fergus is currently offline Click here to Send Fergus a Private Message Find more posts by Fergus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
webby

quote:
Originally posted by Senga
Hi Everyone, I have just joined the forum.

I found this forum while searching for answers to the questions on LOTR competition. I have found it very helpful. So thought I would share my answers too.

Mersie did you ever get answer to the last Anagram on Task 7? I gave up on that one for ages but I found the answer today. It really had me beat, every now and then I revisited it.

"Long is gloom if in"

Tthis is the page that gave the clue I needed. Let's see if you can figure it out.. if not just post a message and I shall give you the answer. I think you get more of a buzz when you work it out for yourself though
:-)
http://www.theonering.net/movie/char/gimli.html

I'm still working on that silly puzzle .. broke the code ok and can help with that if you need it

the anagram is Gimli Son Of Gloin. easy as the samwise gamgee one big grin

Old Post Dec 31st, 2002 01:40 PM
webby is currently offline Click here to Send webby a Private Message Find more posts by webby Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ajwoods89

Mersie heres the answer

" You will meet many foes on the road...........some open some (sorry i forgot the rest)
A really good site to look answers up is www.ask.com
Anyway Hope this helps!!!!!!!!!!!!
smile roll eyes (sarcastic) confused stick out tongue big grin laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing

Old Post Jan 5th, 2003 10:24 AM
ajwoods89 is currently offline Click here to Send ajwoods89 a Private Message Find more posts by ajwoods89 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

i don't get it. Why do you enter the conetest answering the questions, finding the answers from here or search engines...what's the purpose of the competition?

Old Post Jan 5th, 2003 12:56 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mersie

The purpose of the comp is to win entries into the competition by doing the tasks.
The more tasks you do and get correct the more entries you get into the comp, and if you are the first to finish the set of 3 tasks for the month you win a prize also.
I have forgotten what the main prize is, but it dosn't matter because I enjoy doing it, regardless of weather I win or not, it's been fun and I got to meet all of you.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2003 02:54 AM
Mersie is currently offline Click here to Send Mersie a Private Message Find more posts by Mersie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fergus

The main prize for the comp is a Panasonic Enthusiast Home Theatre System valued at $10, 599 - if that's not incentive to enter a free competition, I don't know what is!!!

Old Post Jan 16th, 2003 12:24 AM
Fergus is currently offline Click here to Send Fergus a Private Message Find more posts by Fergus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mersie

Hi everyone the answer to the next question is
Three golden hair,
Had a bit of a tough time finding the answer, but I did it. I lost the address for the forum here, and was searching for it when I found the answer. Then I got this email today from here, so I will put it on my favorites so I can't loose it.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2003 05:42 AM
Mersie is currently offline Click here to Send Mersie a Private Message Find more posts by Mersie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
misshavachat

mersie..... did you get the anagram for long is gloom if in ?

Old Post Jan 21st, 2003 01:55 PM
misshavachat is currently offline Click here to Send misshavachat a Private Message Find more posts by misshavachat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mersie

Hi
Been searching all afternoon but can't find the answer so will have to ask your help
At the start of THE TWO TOWERS, the viewer watches as Gandalf falls through the depths of Moria with the Balrog before landing in a vast subterranean lake.
As he falls, what item dose Gandalf grab?

And to answer your question misshavachat yes I did get the anagram I have done all the tasks up to number 18, but need help with it.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2003 07:01 AM
Dexx
wingless

I must plug the bootleg to see it again for such a detail, but i'll take a wild guess...Glamdring?

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2003 08:06 PM
Mersie

Thanks Dexx, you were right.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2003 11:53 PM
Senga

Hi everyone,
I'm back. been really busy with work and haven't had a lot of time to play. I see we have a few new people here who are also in the LOTR competition.

I was going to send the URL for this competition to a friend of mine. but I can't find it anymore. Because I have the task bearer in task tray and when I click it the page comes up in fash there is no URL. So if anyone out there still has the original URL please post it here. I am sure other people in forum would enjoy the tasks too even if they weren't eligible for prizes. It' fun!!

Old Post Jan 31st, 2003 11:51 PM
Senga is currently offline Click here to Send Senga a Private Message Find more posts by Senga Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mersie

Senga, it's just www.lordoftherings.com.au and it says enter main site and register. Ends next month anyway.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2003 12:29 AM
ajwoods89

New Question

Which sort of orcs attack the fellowship at amon hen? stick out tongue rolling on floor laughing

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2003 08:14 PM
ajwoods89 is currently offline Click here to Send ajwoods89 a Private Message Find more posts by ajwoods89 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

umm...the uruk-hai?

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2003 08:20 PM
Mithrandir
The Grey Wanderer

this people who ask questions are vouchers not fans, who doesn't know about uruk-hai, honestly?

Like Wind in the Meadows.
The days have gone down in the west.
Pella i amoni tenn' lumbule

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2003 01:45 AM
Mithrandir is currently offline Click here to Send Mithrandir a Private Message Find more posts by Mithrandir Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mersie

thanks Dexx

and to Mithrandir

Hey were learning, not everyone is a die hart, or knows everything that you know, we all have to start somewhere and I for one have learned alot since I have been doing this competition.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2003 03:16 AM
Dexx
wingless

oki...keep up the good work

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2003 05:57 AM
glorfindel

quote:
Originally posted by Dexx
oki...keep up the good work

work is not good trust me on this one.
smokin'

Old Post Feb 6th, 2003 09:05 PM
glorfindel is currently offline Click here to Send glorfindel a Private Message Find more posts by glorfindel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote