KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Animations / CGI » Ratatouille

Ratatouille
Started by: ariwin

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

People need to get Pixar off their high horse and realize that they CAN and HAVE made bad movies.

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Jul 9th, 2007 07:07 AM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
People need to get Pixar off their high horse and realize that they CAN and HAVE made bad movies.

Name one bad Pixar movie..

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Jul 9th, 2007 12:17 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

In my opinion:

A Bug's Life and Cars were both what I consider bad films.

Also wasn't really a fan of Toy Story 2 or Finding Nemo.

Don't get me wrong, I like Pixar a lot. But at the same time I realize that they have/can make bad movies, just like anyone else.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2007 08:06 PM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Name one bad Pixar movie..
"Cars" wasn't that entertaining. It's the only Pixar movie that I've owned and watched only 1 time.

I'll watch again one of these days with the Commentary though.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post Jul 9th, 2007 08:13 PM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

Originally posted by SnakeEyes
In my opinion:

A Bug's Life and Cars were both what I consider bad films.

Also wasn't really a fan of Toy Story 2 or Finding Nemo.

Don't get me wrong, I like Pixar a lot. But at the same time I realize that they have/can make bad movies, just like anyone else.

Bad meaning....

I mean don't get me wrong, you have the right to your opinion, but explain cause, i mean, the stories were good. They were sensible, consistent and had substance. The C.G.I. was excellent, as it usually is with any Pixar film? So what do you mean "bad"?

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Jul 11th, 2007 02:49 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

Originally posted by InnerRise
"Cars" wasn't that entertaining. It's the only Pixar movie that I've owned and watched only 1 time.

Yet "Cars" was nominated for an Oscar. Your opinion though.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Jul 11th, 2007 02:50 PM
roughrider
Thunderer

Cars was mildly entertaining - nowhere close to bad. PIXAR has NO bad films on their resume. And Ratatouille is a masterpiece.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jul 11th, 2007 03:25 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Yet "Cars" was nominated for an Oscar. Your opinion though.
Your point? Did it win? Many boring movies get nominated for Oscars.

Am I supposed to be entertained by a movie b/c it was nominated for an Oscar?

Ridiculous.

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post Jul 13th, 2007 06:42 AM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Going to see it tonight, but alot of major food writers and chefs have been praising this movie because its gets the chef culture. Anthony Bourdain has even touted as the best chef movie of all time.

Considering I'm one, this movie piqued my interest.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2007 11:37 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Grey Fox
Restricted

Account Restricted

I like Ratatouille it tastes great and nice so nice

Old Post Jul 15th, 2007 01:00 AM
The Grey Fox is currently offline Click here to Send The Grey Fox a Private Message Find more posts by The Grey Fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Loved the movie.

The totally got food and the life. Great movie.

Wasnt surpraised that Thomas Keller was the executive chef of the movie. The ending tototally reflects Keller.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2007 04:12 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
maham

Originally posted by ariwin
Who else is looking forward to this?

I saw the theatrical trailer for Ratatouille in front of POTC, and it looks SO good...the animation is so freaking gorgeous and the rat is so cute.

I just love Pixar. I bet this is going to be so good! Anyone else excited?

I'm much excited abt it but I wud want to watch it.TI'll be a good edition to my above 50 cartoon films collection.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2007 12:14 PM
maham is currently offline Click here to Send maham a Private Message Find more posts by maham Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

My nephew just loved this.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 19th, 2007 06:55 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

Ratatouille is brilliant! went and saw it yesterday.

Clever and imaginative story, humor, amazing special effects & CGI.

I suppose its a matter of taste but Its one of my favorite kids movies so far.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2007 02:09 PM
Bicnarok is currently offline Click here to Send Bicnarok a Private Message Find more posts by Bicnarok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Good Film another Pixar masterpiece

Old Post Oct 25th, 2007 04:37 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Unfortunately, I watched this at a friend's house the other night.

Terrible, terrible film.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2007 09:50 PM
panic469

all and all, i was dissipointed with the movie... i even fell asleep in the movie theature

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2007 05:50 AM
panic469 is currently offline Click here to Send panic469 a Private Message Find more posts by panic469 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Walker.I

I loved it, it was brilliant.

I knew you wouldn't give up. . .

Old Post Dec 1st, 2007 02:25 AM
Walker.I is currently offline Click here to Send Walker.I a Private Message Find more posts by Walker.I Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rajendra
just hanging around

Ratatouille is great! I couldn't imagine that a rat has that characteristic.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2008 04:41 PM
Rajendra is currently offline Click here to Send Rajendra a Private Message Find more posts by Rajendra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
VioletEyesPop08
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by JediSamuraiMRB
My nephew loved Cars. I am taking him to see this.
Originally posted by JediSamuraiMRB
My nephew just loved this.
NTM we had a best interaction here b4, and thanks for that.

That like totally inspired me. I e-mailed my cronies (friends & fam wink ) :

Subject: Realized Something

I was participating in online movie forums and someone brought up he was taking his nephew to see Ratatouille because he liked Cars, and I was thinking little kids are treated okay, but not us. We feel like there is no point in life because for us there isn't. It's not smug, if you want to handle 'the truth' and not complain @ ur stupid s***.

Really, if you [reader] are insulted, you ought to know about North Florida, because it wasn't.. But if that did blow for you, it's complicated. It's the sorrow of the world. It's not against anyone, just the h*** of life, who knows why it happened. People claim it actually does not in the end, though it hurts just as bad and worse. And if it mattered some of those ppl also are innocent, so it really blows something hard.

I found the show dorky and boring because I don't think now is the time for a 21 year old to say why don't you be a cook like that. Otherwise, I thought it was totally gangsta. It made me think of the books I read about restaurants in kids' stories, like Stay!: Keeper's Story (March 1999) http://search.barnesandnoble.com/bo...5244&itm=20

Originally posted by ariwin
I think that everything about this movie looks gorgeous. And I keep seeing early screening reviews that are going on and on about how amazing the film is. I cannot wait to see this.

Can you guys believe how real the animation makes everyone look? You can see the rat's individual little hairs! I'm so impressed.

Have y'all seen the nine-minute preview they released? Gives you more of a sense of the story.
Now, that's awesome.

Last edited by VioletEyesPop08 on Feb 16th, 2008 at 12:13 AM

Old Post Feb 16th, 2008 12:06 AM
VioletEyesPop08 is currently offline Click here to Send VioletEyesPop08 a Private Message Find more posts by VioletEyesPop08 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote