KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Smallville Forum » Supergirl to be in smallville!!!

Supergirl to be in smallville!!!
Started by: aldisyoyo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheCollegeBalla
Bow Chicka Bow Wow

Warning Supergirl to be in smallville!!!

Kryptonsite.com has announced that [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Supergirl is going to be ins smallville, check on kryptonsite.com

CaSh MoNeY

Old Post Jun 13th, 2007 04:26 AM
TheCollegeBalla is currently offline Click here to Send TheCollegeBalla a Private Message Find more posts by TheCollegeBalla Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NoFate007

Out of all the people they could do, they choose Supergirl, who's already been kind of done before....idk who decides these things (or who decided to spend nearly an entire season on Lana rather than the main character). Obviously the Bat-embargo prevents them from doing Bruce, but we could've gotten so much better characters. Green Lantern anyone? Or maybe an actual villain, like Parasite? Metallo? Not expecting Doomsday or Darkseid or anything but jeez, after the mess that was last season, wasting our time with 50s flashback noir and tear-healing Chloe, if this is the last season, you'd think they'd want some SUPERMAN stuff in it. I'll be pissed if they make it so she teaches him how to fly and inspires everything. Superman should be the one that inspires, not the other way around. He's getting lessons from everyone but he should be at the top.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2007 07:48 AM
NoFate007 is currently offline Click here to Send NoFate007 a Private Message Find more posts by NoFate007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supreme being
Astet controller

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NoFate007
Out of all the people they could do, they choose Supergirl, who's already been kind of done before....idk who decides these things (or who decided to spend nearly an entire season on Lana rather than the main character). Obviously the Bat-embargo prevents them from doing Bruce, but we could've gotten so much better characters. Green Lantern anyone? Or maybe an actual villain, like Parasite? Metallo? Not expecting Doomsday or Darkseid or anything but jeez, after the mess that was last season, wasting our time with 50s flashback noir and tear-healing Chloe, if this is the last season, you'd think they'd want some SUPERMAN stuff in it. I'll be pissed if they make it so she teaches him how to fly and inspires everything. Superman should be the one that inspires, not the other way around. He's getting lessons from everyone but he should be at the top.

This guy said it all amen bro amen. thumb up

Old Post Jun 13th, 2007 11:57 AM
Supreme being is currently offline Click here to Send Supreme being a Private Message Find more posts by Supreme being Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NoFate007

Why thank you.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2007 06:56 PM
NoFate007 is currently offline Click here to Send NoFate007 a Private Message Find more posts by NoFate007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

wasting our time with 50s flashback noir and tear-healing Chloe
Wow, picking out two episodes and saying that those two episodes made the season a mess, good job!
quote:
if this is the last season, you'd think they'd want some SUPERMAN stuff in it. I'll be pissed if they make it so she teaches him how to fly and inspires everything. Superman should be the one that inspires, not the other way around. He's getting lessons from everyone but he should be at the top.
Smallville is about Clark Kent, not Superman. God, when are you people going to realize that? Superman will not be in the show. This is all about Clark Kent and his rise to Superman. He learns how to fly by someone teaching him? Fine with me. He learns his morals, ethics, and his reason for helping people out from his parents and friends? Fine with me. Superman just didn't step out of Lara's womb and be like "Oh, wow, I can fly and take bullets to the eyes. Let's save the world now!"

But as for the subject at hand, I don't know how I feel about this. If they were going to do it, they should have had Raya's character be Supergirl. Now, with Kara from season three, and Raya from season six, it seems kind of redundant.

The only thing thats with you your whole life is complete and utter darkness.

Last edited by Darth Macabre on Jun 13th, 2007 at 07:11 PM

Old Post Jun 13th, 2007 07:02 PM
Darth Macabre is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Macabre a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Macabre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

Yea if Supergirl teaches him how to fly I'll pretty much disown the show. Clark was already full fledged Superman long before Kara showed up in all other continuities. If she teaches him how it'll be the dumbest thing ever. If anyone teaches him anything it should be Jor-El.

Also, we've (and personally I've) had enough of other Kryptionaians showing up, there has been FAR too many. Its getting redundant. Make it someone interesting, make the last season something to remember, like Mongul shows up with warworld and his empire and tries to enslave earth. Something incredible, something where Clark will finally NEEDS to learn to use his powers to the fullest and so he finally goes to Jor-El and takes the training he was offered because he knows that no one else can save the Earth besides him. Let see Clark do something that places him on the Superman mantel, lets see him become a true hero.

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Last edited by ((The_Anomaly)) on Jun 13th, 2007 at 07:59 PM

Old Post Jun 13th, 2007 07:48 PM
((The_Anomaly)) is currently offline Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
Also, we've (and personally I've) had enough of other Kryptionaians showing up, there has been FAR too many. Its getting redundant.
Agreed...it is redundant.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2007 07:58 PM
Darth Macabre is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Macabre a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Macabre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NoFate007

Originally posted by Darth Macabre
Wow, picking out two episodes and saying that those two episodes made the season a mess, good job!
Smallville is about Clark Kent, not Superman. God, when are you people going to realize that? Superman will not be in the show. This is all about Clark Kent and his rise to Superman. He learns how to fly by someone teaching him? Fine with me. He learns his morals, ethics, and his reason for helping people out from his parents and friends? Fine with me. Superman just didn't step out of Lara's womb and be like "Oh, wow, I can fly and take bullets to the eyes. Let's save the world now!"

But as for the subject at hand, I don't know how I feel about this. If they were going to do it, they should have had Raya's character be Supergirl. Now, with Kara from season three, and Raya from season six, it seems kind of redundant.

Yeah I picked two episodes out of the many. Did you really expect me to list every single one? C'mon, efficiency man lol. There weren't many episodes that weren't a majority of Lana/Lex stuff rather than Clark.

And yeah, Smallville is about Clark Kent, not Superman, but its about Clark Kent BECOMING Superman...ala...there should be Superman elements in there. He learns how to fly by someone teaching him? Yeah, I can take that, but he shouldn't learn from Supergirl. Supergirl is a character spawned from Superman, not the other way around. We've already had Green Arrow as the leader of the Justice League as opposed to Bruce or Clark. We don't need Supergirl to be the inspiration for Superman. We need Superman to be the inspiration for Supergirl. Understand what I mean now? If anybody teaches him how to fly, it should be Martian Manhunter or Jor-El...not a character that was originally created just as a derivative of Superman. Plus, they've done the Kara thing before on a previous season. I agree with the post above about having something that makes Clark wake up and step up to the plate like Mongul or something. If this is the last season, they shouldn't rush him at the last minute accomplishing all that he should've been accomplishing for the past few seasons. He's come a long way in some regards, but he's still not close enough to being Superman than what he obviously should be in the last episode of the series. If they only have umpteen episodes left to cram all that in, its going to feel rushed, and I think it would've been more beneficial to spend some of that wasted time last season on this stuff to allow a better transition.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2007 08:15 PM
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

Yeah I picked two episodes out of the many. Did you really expect me to list every single one? C'mon, efficiency man lol. There weren't many episodes that weren't a majority of Lana/Lex stuff rather than Clark.
Then you should have just said "too much Lex/Lana stuff". Because, the two episodes that you listed, had nothing to do with Lex or Lana. See what I mean?

quote:
And yeah, Smallville is about Clark Kent, not Superman, but its about Clark Kent BECOMING Superman...ala...there should be Superman elements in there. He learns how to fly by someone teaching him? Yeah, I can take that, but he shouldn't learn from Supergirl. Supergirl is a character spawned from Superman, not the other way around. We've already had Green Arrow as the leader of the Justice League as opposed to Bruce or Clark. We don't need Supergirl to be the inspiration for Superman. We need Superman to be the inspiration for Supergirl. Understand what I mean now? If anybody teaches him how to fly, it should be Martian Manhunter or Jor-El...not a character that was originally created just as a derivative of Superman. Plus, they've done the Kara thing before on a previous season. I agree with the post above about having something that makes Clark wake up and step up to the plate like Mongul or something. If this is the last season, they shouldn't rush him at the last minute accomplishing all that he should've been accomplishing for the past few seasons. He's come a long way in some regards, but he's still not close enough to being Superman than what he obviously should be in the last episode of the series. If they only have umpteen episodes left to cram all that in, its going to feel rushed, and I think it would've been more beneficial to spend some of that wasted time last season on this stuff to allow a better transition.
I never said that I wanted Kara to teach him how to fly. In fact, I said I didn't know how I felt about her being on the show, let alone teaching him about anything. If it was Raya who taught him how to fly, I would be fine with that then.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2007 09:51 PM
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Re: Supergirl to be in smallville!!!

Originally posted by aldisyoyo
Kryptonsite.com has announced that [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Supergirl is going to be ins smallville, check on kryptonsite.com

Tag really helps since the spoiler is in the title. Smooth. no expression

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2007 10:29 PM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheCollegeBalla
Bow Chicka Bow Wow

lol, wow, long posts

CaSh MoNeY

Old Post Jun 14th, 2007 03:56 AM
TheCollegeBalla is currently offline Click here to Send TheCollegeBalla a Private Message Find more posts by TheCollegeBalla Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

Re: Re: Supergirl to be in smallville!!!

Originally posted by AstroFan
Tag really helps since the spoiler is in the title. Smooth. no expression

laughing out loud I was gonna say the same thing. Also, the rest of you, be prepared because she IS going to teach him to fly and they are fairly certain that it will be Supergirl who gets the spin off when it should have been Green Arrow imo.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2007 11:41 AM
~JP~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Re: Re: Re: Supergirl to be in smallville!!!

Originally posted by ~JP~
laughing out loud I was gonna say the same thing. Also, the rest of you, be prepared because she IS going to teach him to fly and they are fairly certain that it will be Supergirl who gets the spin off when it should have been Green Arrow imo.

I don't mind but I really wanted Martain Manhunter to teach him how to fly. sad

Oh well. Win some loose some I guess. On thing though... Won't she be like... 8 years old? She was a teen when she met a Superman in his thirdies in the comics... Actually, even younger than 8. They will probably make her older like Jimmy.

PWNT

Old Post Jun 15th, 2007 12:04 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

Alright. So we have two Super-People living in Kansas. And a Justice League.

Now who the hell are they supposed to fight?

Old Post Jun 16th, 2007 02:39 AM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

Originally posted by H. S. 6
Alright. So we have two Super-People living in Kansas. And a Justice League.

Now who the hell are they supposed to fight?
Tumbleweeds. no expression

Old Post Jun 16th, 2007 03:45 AM
Arachnid1

Originally posted by Darth Macabre
Tumbleweeds. no expression

And regular weed. smokin'

PWNT

Old Post Jun 16th, 2007 01:49 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheCollegeBalla
Bow Chicka Bow Wow

KILL THE DANDYLIONS!!!

CaSh MoNeY

Old Post Jun 16th, 2007 05:31 PM
Supreme being
Astet controller

Re: Re: Re: Supergirl to be in smallville!!!

Originally posted by ~JP~

Dam it what a retarded idea oh well thats smallville for you.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2007 10:38 PM
Supreme being is currently offline Click here to Send Supreme being a Private Message Find more posts by Supreme being Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheCollegeBalla
Bow Chicka Bow Wow

lol

CaSh MoNeY

Old Post Jun 21st, 2007 04:59 AM
sorren24

Wouldn't Martian Manhunter teaching Clark to fly be like a dog trying to teach a cat how to bark? Martians and Kryptonians have different physiologies. Martians have natural flight as far we know and can fly in any environment. Kryptonians can only fly in a system where there's a yellow, blue, or white sun.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2007 02:12 PM
sorren24 is currently offline Click here to Send sorren24 a Private Message Find more posts by sorren24 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote