KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » Spurs V Jordan Bulls!

Spurs V Jordan Bulls!
Started by: leonidas

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Martin

Is this last season's champioship Spurs or the Duncan/Robinson duo?

Old Post Mar 17th, 2008 09:52 PM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BobbyD
Animal Lover

quote: (post)
Originally posted by guy222
How so, good buddy

The Lakers had already beaten the Pistons to win a title. The only reason, the Lakers lost the next year was because Magic and Byron had injuries

Ur not gonna tell me, Cartwright and Longley can guard Kareem and Rodman handles Bob Mcadoo. Those showtime Lakers run the pants off Jordan's Bulls

I sooo gotta disagree with you on this one.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2008 05:01 PM
BobbyD is currently offline Click here to Send BobbyD a Private Message Find more posts by BobbyD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

Ok buddy

How do Jordan's Bulls beat Showtime Lakers

thank u bz

Old Post Mar 18th, 2008 05:45 PM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BobbyD
Animal Lover

Ok buddy

How do Jordan's Bulls beat Showtime Lakers

Forget how. I don't want to go into details. But, that Magic (and many other basketball historians and players) has already conceded the 72 win 95-96 Bulls team as the single season greatest team ever is enough for me.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2008 04:52 PM
BobbyD is currently offline Click here to Send BobbyD a Private Message Find more posts by BobbyD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Darth Martin
I believe he is reffering to the 2003-2004 Lakers.

Anyway that team the Lakers were plagued with injuries and everyone was messed up. Kobe played horrible in that series taking stupid shots, not trusting in his teamates, and jacking up three-pointers everywhere while contested. Shaq and Malone weren't at 100% and Gary Payton didn't know the offense very well. The team was pretty ****ed up that year.
Correct I was referring to Kobe and Shaq's Lakers.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2008 01:02 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

How so, good buddy

The Lakers had already beaten the Pistons to win a title. The only reason, the Lakers lost the next year was because Magic and Byron had injuries

Ur not gonna tell me, Cartwright and Longley can guard Kareem and Rodman handles Bob Mcadoo. Those showtime Lakers run the pants off Jordan's Bulls
Uhm no the wouldnt. Jordan,Pippen, and Harper d em up. Rodman collects boards and pisses off your team. Jordan wins it in the fourth.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2008 01:03 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

Really

No one from that team is gonna guard Kareem. Are u forgetting the Lakers had Coop

My friend, we'll just agree to disagree

thank u bz

Old Post Mar 20th, 2008 01:27 AM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BobbyD
Animal Lover

Really

No one from that team is gonna guard Kareem. Are u forgetting the Lakers had Coop

My friend, we'll just agree to disagree

Coop? Coop?! I see Julius dunking on his head all the time in his greatest highlights reels. He suffers no different a fate with Jordan and Pippen. There's also a prominent poster of Michael dunking with Coop in the background smiling and admiring his Airness, because he couldn't contain him.

Also, I digress.....a lot of people keep forgetting: The Bulls' centers have NEVER gaurded ANYONE. They just blugeoned your center to death, IF he was a superstar rendering him slowly more and more ineffective as a series went on. Kareem has less muscle on him too than Patrick or Shaq EVER have. He would never stand up. Crap, if Larry could get into Kareem's head about an accidental facial slap that is a prominent highlight of the Celtics/Lakers matchups, Kareem is going to cry when Rodman makes fun of his goggles.

Kareem is not the one the Bulls would be scared of either. It would merely be keeping Worthy's points to a minimum, which the Bulls are most certainly capable of. Magic will have to get his 12 assists elsewhere to other Lakers, but at what efficiency? There's only so many possessions a team has in a game. These points wouldn't come the easy streaking Worthy layups and dunks like you see all the time when they show "Showtime" highlights. Rambis, Coop, McAdoo and others would seriously have to step up, and none are what I would call offensive juggeranuts.

Finally, the Bulls championship teams are among the greatest of halfcourt and transition defenses ever. Let's also not forget that Showtime could barely keep up with a slow white Celtics team. And I'm white! Bulls RUN and/or physically and mentally TOY them off the floor in 5 or 6 games.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2008 04:07 PM
Darth Martin

Showtime Lakers>Bulls. There team is deeper.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2008 09:19 PM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

Agreed

thank u bz

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2008 10:42 AM
Darth Martin

1. Magic Johnson
2. Byron Scott
3. James Worthy
4. A.C. Green
5. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

vs

1. BJ Armstrong
2. Michael Jordan
3. Scottie Pippen
4. Dennis Rodman
5. Horace Grant

Both great teams. Rodman is a BEAST on defense but is not specail on offense. Jordan is unstoppable and Scottie should be contained(Michael Cooper). Magic will be unstoppable, he's too big for any guard on this team. Every time Kareem touches the ball it is a guarunteed point.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2008 09:51 PM
BobbyD
Animal Lover

1. Magic Johnson
2. Byron Scott
3. James Worthy
4. A.C. Green
5. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

vs

1. BJ Armstrong
2. Michael Jordan
3. Scottie Pippen
4. Dennis Rodman
5. Horace Grant

Both great teams. Rodman is a BEAST on defense but is not specail on offense. Jordan is unstoppable and Scottie should be contained(Michael Cooper). Magic will be unstoppable, he's too big for any guard on this team. Every time Kareem touches the ball it is a guarunteed point.

Did you guys forget when Scottie was forced to guard Magic, because Mikey was in foul troube (IN THE NBA FINALS)? Magic was stifled beyond his wildest imagination. And the Bulls team listed above is not the 95-96 Bulls. Horace and Dennis were never on the same Bulls team.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2008 03:52 PM
BobbyD
Animal Lover

Showtime Lakers>Bulls. There team is deeper.

That what a lot of Bulls' opponents thought too.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2008 03:52 PM
Darth Martin

Yea and that was in the early ninety's. Were talking about in the 80's when Magic was in his prime.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2008 08:50 PM
GBang

Bulls

Bulls in 6 games any of the Bulls teams.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2011 01:31 PM
GBang is currently offline Click here to Send GBang a Private Message Find more posts by GBang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote