KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » Respect the GODDESS Storm!!!

Respect the GODDESS Storm!!!
Started by: 2damnloud

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
2damnloud
Restricted

Account Restricted

Respect the GODDESS Storm!!!

(please log in to view the image)

Other aliases: (current) None, (former--in Kenya and Tanzania) "Beautiful Windrider"
Identity: Secret
Occupation: Adventurer, (former) "Goddess" to an African tribe, master thief
Legal status: Citizen of the United States with no criminal record. (She probably has a record as a juvenile offender in Egypt, but not under her true name.)
Place of birth: New York City, New York
Marital status: Single
Known relatives: David Munroe (father, deceased), N'Dare Munroe (mother, deceased), Ashake (ancestor, deceased)
Base of operations: (current) Xavier Institute, Salem Center, Westchester County, New York State, (former) Cairo, Egypt; Kenya and Tanzania; X-Men headquarters, Australian outback
Group affiliation: (current) X-Men, (former) Leader of the Morlocks
First appearance: GIANT-SIZE X-MEN #1

HISTORY: Storm is the descendant of an ancient line of African priestesses, all of whom have white hair, blue eyes, and the potential to wield magic. Her mother, N'Dare, was the princess of a tribe in Kenya. She married the American photojournalist David Munroe and moved with him to Manhattan, where Ororo was born.

When Ororo was six months old, she and her parents moved to Cairo, Egypt. Five years later, a bomb destroyed their home. Ororo's parents were killed, but she survived, buried under rubble near her mother's body. This traumatizing effect left Ororo with the severe claustrophobia that still afflicts her today.

Homeless and orphaned, Ororo, came under the tutelage of master thief Achmed el-Gibar. She became his prize pupil in thievery and in picking locks.

Years later, feeling a strong urge to go south, Ororo journeyed alone across the Sahara Desert and finally reached her ancestors' homeland, the Serengeti Plain, which lies in the modern nations of Kenya and Tanzania. By this time her mutant power to control the weather had emerged, and she used them to help the local tribes, who worshipped her as a goddess.

Ororo remained with the tribes for years until Professor Charles Xavier recruited her into the new team of X-Men he was assembling. She was given the code name "Storm" after her power to affect the weather. Except for brief periods away from the team, Storm has remained in the X-Men ever since and shares leadership of the X-Men with Cyclops.

Flight speed: Subsonic- Hypersonic (when propelled by winds)

Fighting skills: Excellent hand-to-hand combatant, trained by Wolverine

Special skills and abilities: Extraordinary ability at picking locks, excellent marksman with handguns

Known superhuman powers: Ororo is a mutant with the psionic ability to manipulate the weather over the entire planet and flight. When controlling weather elements, her eyes illuminate a white color and aura. She can manifest any degree of wind, temperature, lightning, storm, and all manner of precipitation, tornadoes and hurricanes. Storm actually has the ability to affect the weather on a cosmic scale, but does not because she is very environmentally conscious. She is arguably one of the most powerful mutants ever.

Storm is immune to all effects of weather: her body changes to compensate for the extremes she engineered; i.e. her body temperature would rise as she caused her surroundings to become cold. She has the ability to project, focus and aim force blasts of extreme electrical bolts from her hands or the sky using her elemental powers. At times, she has been able to use her ability to manipulate wind in a manner that resembles telekinesis, lifting massive objects and hurling them against opponents. She has even been known to stop projectiles such as bullets by using her ability to manipulate the wind.

Aside from the abilities granted by her mutation, Ororo is highly intelligent and an able strategist and field commander of the X-Men. She also has some minor telepathic defenses ( creating intense electrical currents and indestructable pressure domes that can withstand a plane and cut through a mountain. Although not a criminal, her days as a thief have given her mastery of skills normally used by professional thieves, such as stealth, breaking into heavilly fortified areas and picking locks. She is also an excellent combatant in both armed and unarmed combat, having been instructed by Wolverine. Storm is a loyal, compassionate and brave warrior, and the most sophisticated and demure member of the X-Men.

Special limitations: Storm's psionic powers over the weather are affected by her emotions; hence, if she does not maintain control of her emotions, a fit of rage might induce a destructive storm. Also, Storm suffers from severe claustrophobia.

NOTE: In the Hollywood treatment of X-Men, "Storm" was played by Academy Award-winning Actress Halle Berry.

Storm summons the power of the ENTIRE CORE!! UXM-165

Old Post Jun 13th, 2007 05:32 PM
2damnloud is currently offline Click here to Send 2damnloud a Private Message Find more posts by 2damnloud Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
2damnloud
Restricted

Account Restricted

How Storm's Powers Work:

quote: (post)
Originally posted by 2damnloud
How Storm's powers work

It actually has some scientific merit.

The universe is purely electrical/electromagnetic. This may explain how her powers are expanded to the some of places we have seen.

"If the term universe is generally referring to the visible masses, then there is also an invisible universe of forces or energies, because the universe is made of both mass and energy, and since these two only components are mutually convertible they possesses equal potentials. Mass is the visible body of the universe, while energy is the invisible force that makes the universe alive. If the universe was started with just a mass called Singularity, followed by a colossal bang, then it would be more important to explain where came the colossal energy to make the bang. Traditionally cosmological theories always seemed to refer to the beginning of universe as the beginning of visible mass only, and little or no mention about the origin of energy.... So, where does energy come from? What is its origin? What is energy in the first place? The multimillion dollar question here is like the chicken and egg, only it's mass and energy instead. So of the two which comes first? Or, which can exist alone without the other? Let's take mass for instance. Well, the mass is made of atoms and atoms are made of internal constituents or particles bonded together by atomic force. This means mass requires bonding energy to exist. Then around 1920s to1930s scientists like Carl Anderson and Paul Dirac discovered antiparticles, and reported that when particle and antiparticle collide they will both be annihilated, leaving behind only a shower of Gamma Rays or just pure energy. Besides, vacuum too is a pure energy, but of negative nature. So, pure energy can exist without mass. In that case, if the start of universe was said to be a mass, then why shouldn't it be energy as well? In fact, it's much more likely to be energy than mass, because out of two, only energy can exist alone and cannot be further reduced..."

"Now when millions of suns and planets crash in a congested area, the explosions would resemble billions of the greatest atom bombs imaginable. The violence would reduce the masses to their very fundamentals. Yet that's not all!. The momentum of the traveling mixture of mass and energy cannot stop. It would continue to grind everything in that colossal galactic milling machine. So, at some point in the central region of galaxies there will be a sudden release of all atomic forces, i.e. the Strong and Weak Nuclear Forces, which have previously bounded the atoms together. It should be noted that at this point no Black Hole could conceivably exist at the center of any galaxy, because of two reasons. Firstly, the crushing of masses would turn them into energies, allowing no stars to exist intact (long before they get near the center) to collapse into a Black Hole Singularity. Instead, they must explode and throw masses outwards. Secondly, all masses would be turned into energies only, no mass means no gravitation, and no gravitation means no Gravitational Black Hole."

"At any rate, eventually the galactic center would reach an extremely hot primordial condition where mass is at its minimum and energy at its maximum, then finally even last atoms of mass will be turned into pure energy only. This central area is now hottest and most pressurized spot anywhere in the whole universe, due to continued milling and built up of temperatures. This is the spot where energies are trying to get out, and nothing can get in... This is also all 4 forces of interaction are stripped out of their interactions and are reduced to their true fundamentals.....

"Don't forget events in nature are always powered by energy. Energy is the boss, because the mass is inert and inactive, only energy is active and initiative. Mass is the body, while energy is life and spirit!.. Although nature is said to have four Forces of Interaction, namely Strong Nuclear force, Weak Interaction force, Electromagnetic force and Gravitation, three of them may be stripped out of existence when mass is converted into pure energy. So, it appears that all these forces have a common origin, i.e. the electromagnetism, which has dual properties, namely the electrical property and the magnetic property....Why? Well, within each atom of all matters, there are positive and negative electric charges (protons and electrons, and there can be magnetic energy in mass too, like a piece of permanent magnet). Electric charges in motion can induce magnetic moments, whilst magnetism can also induce electricity. Both electric charge and magnetic moment are fundamental properties of elementary atomic mass. They are also the fundamental properties of electromagnetic waves (as the name implies), which pervade the entire cosmic space. Therefore, the duel natures of electricity and magnetism are both fundamental to mass and energy, because they are present in the complete universal realm that contains mass and energy. Now, if mass may be converted to energy (at the galactic center) and energy may be reduced to only electric charge and magnetic moment, then the most fundamental of nature or the origin of universe has to be electromagnetism or just energy alone. Within this theory we will show that electromagnetic force in waves can reach every part of the universe by mutual interference. We know it expands the universe, but in fact it also unifies the entire universe under its wave transmission, and it regenerates it. The unification of universe will be described in a separate page."

Last edited by 2damnloud on Jun 13th, 2007 at 05:42 PM

Old Post Jun 13th, 2007 05:34 PM
2damnloud is currently offline Click here to Send 2damnloud a Private Message Find more posts by 2damnloud Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
2damnloud
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Science of Ororo's Power:

Originally posted by 2damnloud
ORORO IS UBERno expression

Based on the aforementioned comic scans, I think that Storm's abilities are based upon the manipulation of fluids. In fluid mechanics, solids can behave like fluids under certain circumstances (tectonic actvity), obviously liquids and gases are fluids, hence Storms easy ability to manipulate those elements. Plasma, highly ionized matter that is similar to a gas and has differential electromagnetic potential, is also part of fluid mechanic theory. See wikipedias article on Fluid Mehanics (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fluid_mechanics).

Thanks for the welcome! Yeah, I think it's pretty cool actually. Linking the science with the activity within the comic.

In principal, it makes the most sense. Her demonstrated ability to manipulate the atmosphere and ocean currents, and the comic hinting at her possibly controling the production of earthquakes, the first thing that popped in my head was fluid manipulation on a massive scale. It also seems she has some ability to control the electromagnetic force, one of the four fundamental forces of the universe, though she doesn't have the skill of Magneto. But that doesn't mean she doesn't have the raw power to pull off many of the feats he has done in the past. I know it was mentioned, one time or another, that Storm was supposed to reverse the Earth's magnetic field in reponse to Magneto's emminet threat. The writters chose to nix the idea because it would have required Storm sacrificing her life. I know many people, on other forums, like to compare the power levels of Storm and Magneto, and often bring this issue up (his reversing the magnetic field). But what they don't realize is that Magneto used a device to pull this feat off. He used one of his mechanations to contract solar particles to fuse with his device, which he then used his powers to change Earth's Magnetic field. So it wasn't even his own base power!

I also know that many people often confuse what Magneto's powers are. He has the ability to psionically manipulate ferrous materials and to generate magnetic fields. It is important to know that magnetic fields does not equate to the entire electromagnetic energy spectrum, especially on Earth, as the inter-stellar medium requires not ferrous material to generate magnetic fields, it only requires an electric current.

Last edited by 2damnloud on Jun 13th, 2007 at 05:44 PM

Old Post Jun 13th, 2007 05:36 PM
stormlover

I LOVE STORM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Post Jun 13th, 2007 05:39 PM
stormlover is currently offline Click here to Send stormlover a Private Message Find more posts by stormlover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
2damnloud
Restricted

Account Restricted

More Science of Storm's Powers from a Scientist:

Is it scientifically possible? As a scientist, I'd have to say that I don't know. However, we can use science to demonstrate a reasonable explanation if she did morph into a wholy elemental being.
I guess the first place I'd start would be bioinformatics, basically biology (and the physical world for that matter) is seen as varying types of "information." In fact, in informatics theory, energy is thought to be just information. That said, there trully aren't any distinguishing characteristics between matter and energy, because it's all information (i.e. a formation of light at varying wavelengths).

Though there is no conclusive evidence as to where conciousness resides, I'd think we'd have to assume that it is a physical form (that is it has to be in the universe or at least some hyperspacial form coexisting with the material universe), but that's a whole other story about superstrings, quarks, gluons, and bunch of other stuff you'd need alot of math to wrap your head around. Let's just say it's a part of the body.

Storm has demonstrated control over the "phases" of matter (i.e. gas, liquid, solid, plasma). She has changed water from a gaseous form, to a liquid form, to a solid form on many ocaisions. She has also created lightning, which is plasma. She has also demonstrated some remarkable ability to control her bodily processes that are normally regulated by the body's autonomic nervous system (temperature, mental influence, blood preasure, heart rate, breath rate, etc.).

I think through sheer will and the use of her elemental control over the phases of matter, she should be able to transform into a composite being of solid, liquid, gas, and plasma, regualted by a psiobiomagnetic aura (think of a very colorful cloud, like in aurora borealis, with swirling material of intermitten phases, in the "shape" of a humanoid female). In this form, she'd emit allot of light and other electromagnetic phenomena (information).

As for the other questions, I come from Santa Cruz, CA (Home of UCSC!) and I found this site through a friend of mine who knows how much I think Storm kicks you know what!

Old Post Jun 13th, 2007 05:47 PM
2damnloud
Restricted

Account Restricted

Science Continued:

A poster asked:

Forgive my ignorance but I have some questions about Storm's powers that no one can answer for me without giving an anti-Storm lecture. There is six questions no one has yet to answer for me please help?

1. What exactly does the galatic core mean for Storm's powers? I know what she did to save herself, but does it mean she can potentially absorb energy on a vast scale like the phoenix? Is she more cosmically inclined than has been shown?

2. How in the world can Storm make an earthquake? Is it possible do to Stom tapping into the Earth's energy and releasing it as seismeic waves?

3. Since Storm has at least once created weather that isn't apart of our natural weather patterns like the Jovian Pressure Fields what other potential non-earth other planetary weather can she create on the planet?

4. If Storm becomes fully an omega mutant does that mean she'll forever lose her physical body?

5. Storm's power is listed as psionic in nature so does that mean she has the elemental kinesis powers like other mutants and superheros like Winddancer, Iceman, Crystal, Meggan, Thunderbird? I know she can't cryomorph like Iceman creating shapes in ice, but can she control the very molecules at least in potential? She has at least used wind in a similar fashion to telekinesis and used the water lens.

6. On some other boards there is alot of talk about Storm's mystical heritage and her potential for great magical power and feats. So what would a fully realized, fully empowered, mentally, physically, spiritually
strong Storm be like?

If any one can help answer the questions I will be eternally greatful to you. Thanks.

Answer:

1. The core of a galaxy is the densest region of a galaxy. It contains massive amounts of matter in a relatively small space. We're talking about millions upon millions of stars, gases, planets, and black holes. Some scientist even theorize that at the center of a galaxy lies an incredibly monstrous black hole. The weather of Earth ultimately draws it's power from the Sun, our lovely star in this system. Storm is uniquely linked not just to the Earth but also the Moon and the Sun (and any other forces that might be related to weather phenomena), thus she can command the sources of energy that feed a weather system. She has also been able to channel that raw power through her body (this was shown in the scans where she re-directed the blizzard across North America and where Dr. Doom cast her into a iron sculpture). When Storm was ensnared by the brood embryo, she was able to channel the energy of the entire center of the galaxy through her body, effectively becoming (ever briefly) a being of pure radiant energy on a cosmic level!

2. As I mentioned before, Storm's powers mostly likely work through some sort of manipulation of the fluidic spectrum (Fluid Dynamics). It was posited, a very long time ago, that the inner portions of the Earth were large caverns with heavey drafts and wind tunnels. This was the supposed cause of earthquakes. We now know that that is NOT the case! Earthquakes are NOT caused by underearth wind storms nor are they caused by seismic waves! Seismic waves are essentially the result of earthquakes and not their cause. Scientist measure seismic waves to determine an earthquake's tirangulation and intensity. Earthquakes are most commonly caused by geologic tectonic activity. Massive land plates "floating" over a seething hot flowing mantle. The tension of these plates interacting with one another are the fundamental causes of geologic (land/rock) disturbances. In general, what allows the wind to blow is heat. Most know that hot things rise and cold things sink, this is the fundamental idea of a fluid (trust me, there's a lot more to it like viscosity, ductility, conductivity, etc.) but we'll stick to that. Under the proper conditions, solids behave like liquids (ever seen molten lava or sand in an hour glass?). Storm has access to an array of fluid control and should be able to cause the flow the mantle hundreds of miles deep within the Earth, this could cause an earthquake. Unfortunately, I think she lacks the understanding and technique to do it and the skill for exact precision. If she's off, even just a little, we're talking huge consequences!

3. I'm not exactly sure of what is meant by Jovian Pressure field. From what I understand, Jovian fields are created by Jupiter's magnetosphere, which incidently is HUGE (If you could see it as an ordinary lump of matter from Earth, it would appear to be about five times the size of the moon!). Jupiter's magnetosphere creates these interesting electric currents that shoot out protons and other things from it's atmosphere. I guess it would have to fall under the idea of "natural weather phenomenon of the Solar system." Besides, I personally don't by the idea of Storm only being able to create weather patterns that exist in nature. When was the last time you've seen small rain cloud watering a flower pot? I think she's able to bend or at least adapt nature's forces to whatever she can concieve.
It is also intresting to note that on the planet Neptune, the wind exceeds the most extremes velocities here on Earth and yet that planet is much further away from the Sun. This has stumped scientists to this day.
I know some mention her not being able to raise the temperature to solar intensities on Earth, have you ever been struck by lightning? The average lightning bolt is more than five-times hotter than the surface of the sun! All she would have to do is fold in the ionospehre a bit and redistribute the o-zone layer and then channel in a solar flare. Ouch!
Or how about creating a temperature relatively close to absolute zero? If she can create intense pressure fields, then she can create a compressive force that would in lower the temperature phenomenally.

4. That one stumps me, but I think yes! Storms power certainly affects biology, both evolutionary and developmentally, but they don't control biology. If she does turn into an elemental, I'm affraid she doesn't have the ability to change back, unless someone in the comics descides to give her that power.

5. I would say try not to get so caught up in the kinesis department of psionics. Psionics simply refers to the mind/psyche/spirit. Think of the clouds and the wind as being naturally apart of her body. In other words, part of her mind doesn't distinguish a separation of her body from her external environment. Her mind is a part of the forces around her. Which how she is able to sense objects in her environment. One the scans demonstrates this beautifully. Storm was submerged in the ocean and she had to reach out and find Yuriko. She could'nt see because it was so dark but she could still sense Yurikos disturbance in the "flow" of the current.

Storm has control over the physical forces of the universe, that means molecular control, atomic control, sub-atomic control, and energetic control! How do you think water gets transported to the sky and back to the ground? How do you think acid rain is generated? Or how the element of Nitrogen is generated in the atmosphere? Or how the chemical process of weather breaks down rocks, boulders, mountains, the pyramids, and any other structures you could name? Or how about water being the fundamental essence of life? Or Carbon and Hydrogen for that matter? What molecular control roughly translates is that you have control over electrons, which Storm has great control over! If you take away or add an electron from a molecule or element, your left with an ion. Ions are how molecules are formed and move becuase they have a charge (+/-). If you "shoot" an electron at an atom you've effectively created the process of nuclear fission, meaning that you've seperated the proton from the nucleus of an atom.
See how important electrons are in the real world? See how powerful ligthning is? Lightning generates every "ray" on the electromagnetic spectrum (radio, visible light, heat, microwave, x-ray, and gamma ray)!

6. One hell of a force not to be reckoned with!

Old Post Jun 13th, 2007 05:48 PM
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Last edited by Digi on Jun 13th, 2007 at 05:58 PM

Old Post Jun 13th, 2007 05:49 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
2damnloud
Restricted

Account Restricted

FEATS:

Originally posted by TheKahn
All credit for the collection, description, and organization of these scans goes to Silencio and Lord Shiva. Their original page can be seen here: http://72.36.190.122/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=112411

Let's start with her first appearance. Here, she overloads or "exceeds the limits" of Polaris. Then, the energy allows her to shoot downwards through five miles of ocean and four thousand miles of the Earth's crust to the center of the Earth.

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Fighting N'Garai demons and destroying the cairn in Uncanny X-Men #96:

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Overpowering Polaris in Uncanny X-Men #97:

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Showing control as she defeats a sentinel above downtown New York with a hurricane, yet only the sentinel is harmed. From Uncanny X-Men #98:

Old Post Jun 13th, 2007 05:49 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by stormlover
I LOVE STORM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hence your screen name.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jun 13th, 2007 05:52 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
2damnloud
Restricted

Account Restricted

Flying on and defeating a sentinel with solar winds in Uncanny #99:

Interesting piece of dialogue about her being able to change the unstable molucules of her costume into any clothes she desires in Uncanny #101:

Conversing with other life forms, plants, in Uncanny #109:

Old Post Jun 13th, 2007 05:53 PM
2damnloud
Restricted

Account Restricted

Flash flooding in an instant in Uncanny #95 and #116:

Her second battle with Magneto in Uncanny X-Men #112. He notes "You...almost had me,my dear. Yet at the last instant, you held back." :

Cool feat about Storm's control over her body, in Uncanny #113 where the X-Men's (including Phoenix, Wolverine, Nightcrawler etc) powers are neutralized and are reduced to physical prowess of infants, Storm manages to get the lockpicks out of her tiara, and almost pick a complicated lock she's never seen before (later in the issue she succeeds). Also, she notes that at 6 months she had the coordination of a young girl:

Using "freezing rain" to shatter a Mandroid in Uncanny #118:

Using hurricane force winds against Vindicator in Uncanny #120 in a clothes boutique. The shopkeeper thinks to herself "She turned a hurricane on-and-off in here, with just a thought."

Old Post Jun 13th, 2007 05:54 PM
2damnloud
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Jun 13th, 2007 05:54 PM
2damnloud
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Jun 13th, 2007 05:55 PM
2damnloud
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Jun 13th, 2007 05:56 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Let's keep the spam down. I disagree with most of what 2damn says too, but that doesn't mean we have to act rude when he's remaking a thread.

Also, edited the pic out.

But I would caution you to leave out the speculation and stick to just feats. You can let them speak for themselves...you don't have to spout your theories on Storm until after the scans have been posted.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2007 05:58 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
2damnloud
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Jun 13th, 2007 06:12 PM
2damnloud
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Jun 13th, 2007 06:13 PM
2damnloud
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Jun 13th, 2007 06:14 PM
2damnloud
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Jun 13th, 2007 06:15 PM
2damnloud
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Jun 13th, 2007 06:15 PM