KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Actual video to prove galactus is NOT a cloud

Actual video to prove galactus is NOT a cloud
Started by: Manslayer

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
GGS

Yes but Silver Surfer isn't a human being is he where as in the movie us humans would see it as a force of nature seeing our minds would never have seen anything like galactus before. He could of been stood there in all of his campish purple glory but because of the pure scope of him we wouldn't be able to comprende it hence our mind would translate it into best what we could understand.

Go see JLA/AVENGERS for Superman's better explanation of how the mind translates what happens into something you can understand.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2007 02:47 PM
GGS is currently offline Click here to Send GGS a Private Message Find more posts by GGS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by GGS
Yes but Silver Surfer isn't a human being is he where as in the movie us humans would see it as a force of nature seeing our minds would never have seen anything like galactus before. He could of been stood there in all of his campish purple glory but because of the pure scope of him we wouldn't be able to comprende it hence our mind would translate it into best what we could understand.

Go see JLA/AVENGERS for Superman's better explanation of how the mind translates what happens into something you can understand.

The point is theres more to the cloud about galactus, Now we obviously saw a burning mass which is what firey? Fire and clouds are 2 completely different things and even fire itself cannot cast a shadow over saturn since it gives off its own light. This again indicates that galactus was in his physical form but the movie didnt show that..

Thats all. He is IN the cloud and if he was the cloud itself why would the surfer bother to even fly into it and not infront of it?

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2007 05:58 PM
BoratBorat is currently offline Click here to Send BoratBorat a Private Message Find more posts by BoratBorat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grimm22
King of the Castle

Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
OMG it was a friggin cloud.

If that's Galactus then I guess Emperor Palpatine had a cameo.

(please log in to view the image)

Hey Doom was 1000x better in this one than the first stick out tongue

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2007 06:04 PM
Grimm22 is currently offline Click here to Send Grimm22 a Private Message Find more posts by Grimm22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Manslayer
The point is theres more to the cloud about galactus, Now we obviously saw a burning mass which is what firey? Fire and clouds are 2 completely different things and even fire itself cannot cast a shadow over saturn since it gives off its own light. This again indicates that galactus was in his physical form but the movie didnt show that..

Thats all. He is IN the cloud and if he was the cloud itself why would the surfer bother to even fly into it and not infront of it?

True true

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2007 09:21 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

I saw it for the second time last night - and I definitely saw his helmet & face this time; outlined in fire & smoke. It's the shot just as the Surfer is calling up all his energy to push him away, and is about to release it. Galactus had an expression of anger; look.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jun 27th, 2007 11:50 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by roughrider
I saw it for the second time last night - and I definitely saw his helmet & face this time; outlined in fire & smoke. It's the shot just as the Surfer is calling up all his energy to push him away, and is about to release it. Galactus had an expression of anger; look.

True true

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jun 28th, 2007 02:18 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kal of Krypton
Lois's Lover

Originally posted by Grimm22
Hey Doom was 1000x better in this one than the first stick out tongue
Yeah I know, in that pic, it showed Doom for who he truly is.

I am Disappointed in how they portrayed Galactus though. But hey, what are ya going to do. They tried making the movie as realistic as possible.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2007 09:13 PM
Kal of Krypton is currently offline Click here to Send Kal of Krypton a Private Message Find more posts by Kal of Krypton Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kal-El_08
Restricted

Account Restricted

Either way, I expect to see his entire body in the Silver Surfer prequel/spin-off movie. He should resemble his Marvel: Ultimate Alliance counterpart. That'd probably help him to look less corny.

"It wasn't even about the eggs. Quite frankly I like the eggs, I don't have no...problem with...It's just there's always been a lot of tension between me & Lois. It's not so much as I want to kill her...I just want her...to not be...alive anymore. I sometimes wonder if all women are this difficult. Then I think to myself, wouldn't it be MARVELOUS if I turned out to be a homosexual?"

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2007 05:16 AM
Kal-El_08 is currently offline Click here to Send Kal-El_08 a Private Message Find more posts by Kal-El_08 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Ultimate Hulk43
Either way, I expect to see his entire body in the Silver Surfer prequel/spin-off movie. He should resemble his Marvel: Ultimate Alliance counterpart. That'd probably help him to look less corny.
Yup and make his armour black for uber badassesness like darth vader.

Well in the ROTSS movie you can see galactus glowing right arm and right leg if you look closely

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2007 11:10 AM
BoratBorat is currently offline Click here to Send BoratBorat a Private Message Find more posts by BoratBorat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kal-El_08
Restricted

Account Restricted

Making his armor black instead of purple could be interesting & a step towards making Galactus actually look badass.

"It wasn't even about the eggs. Quite frankly I like the eggs, I don't have no...problem with...It's just there's always been a lot of tension between me & Lois. It's not so much as I want to kill her...I just want her...to not be...alive anymore. I sometimes wonder if all women are this difficult. Then I think to myself, wouldn't it be MARVELOUS if I turned out to be a homosexual?"

Old Post Jul 4th, 2007 05:37 AM
Kal-El_08 is currently offline Click here to Send Kal-El_08 a Private Message Find more posts by Kal-El_08 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tak
Restricted

Account Restricted

Not to piss of anyone. I think that Galactus may have in fact been in his weakest form, and being so hungry and weak he may have converted himself into a cosmic cloud. Or I don't think Galactus is in a cloud, because I'm sure there trying not to make a giant man walk on Earth since that may seem a bit TOO unrealistic. People actually found this being smart as hell.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2007 02:50 PM
Tak is currently offline Click here to Send Tak a Private Message Find more posts by Tak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kal-El_08
Restricted

Account Restricted

Having an entity that can eat planets & convert that energy into power is as unrealistic as it gets.....

Old Post Jul 4th, 2007 07:32 PM
Galacaticus

[QUOTE=9098778]Originally posted by BoratBorat
[B]Would you please read the post and headlines? He is NOT a god damm cloud (...)

For someone who is not meant to be a cloud, he sure looks like a cumulonimbus gas giant to me. Maybe the movie's CG was done using cloud computing and this somehow affected the output (?)

When I first watched "F4 - Rise Of The Silver Surfer", I was disgusted with how Marvel, in their nebulous wisdom, had decided to depict Galactus as a roiling cloud of smouldering smog floating around the universe, getting his jollies by gassing innocent planets to death. Unless Galactus has started chain-smoking solar system sized cigars, I refuse to accept his depiction in “The Rise Of The Silver Surfer” as authentic.

Perhaps more appropriately, the movie should have been called “Cloudy With A Chance Of Galactus”.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2013 08:13 AM
Galacaticus is currently offline Click here to Send Galacaticus a Private Message Find more posts by Galacaticus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Why the **** was this bumped.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2013 08:15 AM
Kazenji is online now! Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote