KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Indiana Jones » Which of the original Trilogy is best?

Which Indiana Jones film is best?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
The Raiders of the Lost Ark 32 43.84%
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom 13 17.81%
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade 28 38.36%
Total: 73 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Which of the original Trilogy is best?
Started by: Strangelove

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Which of the original Trilogy is best?

Hmm?

I like The Last Crusade, myself

Old Post Jun 19th, 2007 02:59 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Very close between the 1st and 3rd.

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Jun 19th, 2007 11:37 AM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahnold
The Former Governator

Bit controversial, this ... but I think I'm going with number 3. I absolutely *love* "Raiders" (and I think that "Doom" is a very entertaining film as well), but I think it's Connery's presence (and the whole 'father-son' storyline) in "Crusade" that swings the vote for me. That's why I'm so upset that Connery couldn't even be bothered to film a 10 minute cameo for the fourth film, ending his career in style ("The League", anyone?) mad ...

Ahnold Sez: (From "The Expendables 2"): "My *shoe* is bigger than this cahr!"

Old Post Jun 19th, 2007 11:43 AM
Ahnold is currently offline Click here to Send Ahnold a Private Message Find more posts by Ahnold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Raiders of the Lost Ark But i like them all respectivily

Anyone reason why Doom has'nt got a vote to dark for some ?

Old Post Jun 19th, 2007 01:34 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Both 1 and 3 are much better than Doom, not to say Doom isn't a good film, but it's alot weaker than the others.

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Jun 19th, 2007 06:26 PM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ibd4eva
Ivebeendepped 4 ever!

i prefer Temple of Doom actually.....

"Get that out of my face." "It's not in your face, it's in my hand." "Get what's in your hand out of my face." <3 set by yours truly

Old Post Jun 19th, 2007 08:07 PM
ibd4eva is currently offline Click here to Send ibd4eva a Private Message Find more posts by ibd4eva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Temple of Doom certainly isn't bad, but Indy's only in top form when fighting Nazis

Old Post Jun 20th, 2007 07:20 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

I first saw Temple of Doom as kid. Felt in love with it. Then eventually I saw Raiders of the Lost Ark. Much better film IMO. So for me ROTLA is the better film...but TOD is pure action and fun.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2007 04:44 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

quote: (post)
Originally posted by exanda kane
Very close between the 1st and 3rd.

yeah.thats exactly the same way I feel as well.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2007 05:44 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Raiders of course...no contest

though connery served for some nice comic relief in Crusade, i like it better when was just indy. Raiders also has the best pacing for me, just enough humor, just enough action, and just enough male romodel. Crusade had a brilliant story arc for a sequal, but nothing beats seeing nazi's feel the wrath of god

Old Post Jun 20th, 2007 09:12 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mysterio69
bored as f.uck

last crusade. the whole 'cup of christ' thing was cool.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2007 01:05 AM
mysterio69 is currently offline Click here to Send mysterio69 a Private Message Find more posts by mysterio69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
amity75

Raiders. I kinda thought that "Crusade" was just a rehash of Raiders. I love all 3 right enough but Raiders just has all the cool, iconic moments. The ball, the snake in the plane, the swordsman "fight", the melting faces. Absolutely fantastic.

Post in the Indiana Jones forum.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2007 10:28 PM
amity75 is currently offline Click here to Send amity75 a Private Message Find more posts by amity75 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

Last Crusade.

second is Raiders.

Temple of Doom's okay.

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2007 10:21 AM
Jaeh is currently offline Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Admiral Akbar

Last Crusade was more enjoyable, but Raiders is the better movie.

When the darkness comes, keep an eye on the light no matter how far away it seems.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2007 04:09 PM
Admiral Akbar is currently offline Click here to Send Admiral Akbar a Private Message Find more posts by Admiral Akbar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Röland
Masked Vigilante

I liked Crusade more than Temple but Raiders gets my vote.

You can't beat the scene where the Sword wielding Arab challenges Indy to fight and Indy just shoots him. laughing

Rorschach's Journal: October 12th, 1985. Tonight, a comedian died in New York.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2007 07:30 PM
Röland is currently offline Click here to Send Röland a Private Message Find more posts by Röland Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Originally posted by Röland
I liked Crusade more than Temple but Raiders gets my vote.

You can't beat the scene where the Sword wielding Arab challenges Indy to fight and Indy just shoots him. laughing
Fun fact: They were planning a huge swordfight between the Arab and Indy, but Harrison Ford got dysentery so he suggested that he just shoot him

http://snopes.com/movies/films/raiders.htm

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2007 08:13 AM
Röland
Masked Vigilante

Originally posted by Strangelove
Fun fact: They were planning a huge swordfight between the Arab and Indy, but Harrison Ford got dysentery so he suggested that he just shoot him

http://snopes.com/movies/films/raiders.htm

I knew that actually, just waiting for someone to post it.

Rorschach's Journal: October 12th, 1985. Tonight, a comedian died in New York.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2007 09:58 PM
Röland is currently offline Click here to Send Röland a Private Message Find more posts by Röland Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LostDoctor
Restricted

Account Restricted

I still think Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade for a seuqal is still very good.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2007 06:16 PM
LostDoctor is currently offline Click here to Send LostDoctor a Private Message Find more posts by LostDoctor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthsith19
Arm-Wrestler

I am with the minority here, I like Temple of Doom the best (then Raiders, followed closely by TLC). Films number 1 and 3 are just to smiliar, Indy going through the desrt with either an annoying chick or his annoying dad (who gives the movie a nice twist, but he can still be annoying). Movie 2 is in a dark, scary temple, it is far darker than the other 2 films, and Shortie is one of my favorite characters (I hate little kids, and in films they are usually very annoying but he was awesome! cool ). And there's less Indy talking with other boring people about artifacts and more or him just seeing bad stuff happening and fighting, plus the cart scene is awesome and it's the only one where we don't see him teaching his class, right (which is a boring part).

Old Post Jul 7th, 2007 07:19 PM
darthsith19 is currently offline Click here to Send darthsith19 a Private Message Find more posts by darthsith19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shadow_King
-

my favourite indiana jones movie would have to be "indiana jones and the last crusade"

Old Post Jul 15th, 2007 03:46 AM
Shadow_King is currently offline Click here to Send Shadow_King a Private Message Find more posts by Shadow_King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote