KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » Are there any Serenity fans

Are there any Serenity fans
Started by: Versyn Gaul

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Summer Glau was great too. She'll make a great female terminator.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 18th, 2007 07:16 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AbnormalButSane
Screw up

Summer Glau is indeed great. I didn't know she was to be the next Terminator. huh

Old Post Jul 19th, 2007 10:02 PM
AbnormalButSane is currently offline Click here to Send AbnormalButSane a Private Message Find more posts by AbnormalButSane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

Serenity was brilliant, one of my favorite movies, but not of all time.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2007 05:51 PM
Bicnarok is currently offline Click here to Send Bicnarok a Private Message Find more posts by Bicnarok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dave_97
Party Dave

Serenity and FireFly had some points which crossed.

But they both Rocked! rock

Lazers_go_pew_pew_pew

Old Post Sep 21st, 2007 10:07 PM
Dave_97 is currently offline Click here to Send Dave_97 a Private Message Find more posts by Dave_97 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bobbi

Both were great. Fox totally messed everything up. They played the episodes out of order too and kept changing when it was on tv (interrupting it with sports games or something) which explains why they didn't get as many fans as they should have. Stupid Fox...

I love Serenity and Firefly though. I really wish they could have continued firefly. There was so much that could have been filled in between the series and the movie.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2007 07:56 AM
bobbi is currently offline Click here to Send bobbi a Private Message Find more posts by bobbi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Winter Soldier
Who cares...

Re: Are there any Serenity fans

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Versyn Gaul
Am I alone in thinking that Serenity is one of the Best Sci-Fi movies ever. I dont hear people talk about it much but that movie realy impressed me. Just Looking for fans to chat about it.

No, you are not alone.

And River is the best ass-kicker in movie history.

I'd like to share a revelation that I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species that I realized you aren't actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with its surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You move to an area and you multiply, and multiply until every natural resource is consumed. And the only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You are a plague, and we...are the cure.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2007 08:48 PM
Winter Soldier is currently offline Click here to Send Winter Soldier a Private Message Find more posts by Winter Soldier Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
panic469

I absolutly loved that movie action packed and full of suspence, in fact... my dad showed it to me and then intoroduced to firefly. im addictded to both!!! stick out tongue

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2007 05:54 AM
panic469 is currently offline Click here to Send panic469 a Private Message Find more posts by panic469 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Movie tragic

Loved it smile

Old Post Jan 15th, 2009 11:51 PM
Movie tragic is currently offline Click here to Send Movie tragic a Private Message Find more posts by Movie tragic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Summer Glau was great too. She'll make a great female terminator.

And also would make a good X-23

Old Post Jan 16th, 2009 07:56 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lycanthrope
"Vita Detestabilis"

Holy crap! I started this thread in June 2007. And I see someone just posted to it. I thought it went to oblivion after all this time.

"To the last, I will grapple with thee... from Hell's heart, I stab at thee! For hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee!" - Khan (reciting Melville)

Old Post Jan 16th, 2009 05:57 PM
Lycanthrope is currently offline Click here to Send Lycanthrope a Private Message Find more posts by Lycanthrope Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jan 16th, 2009 07:32 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Serious Impact

I know this is a rather old thread that I'm bringing back from the dead, but I have to say that I loved Serenity and the Firefly series!

I also wanted to mention that I actually managed to get his autograph on my movie ticket! I live on Cape Cod and went to see the movie on opening night. I found out shortly after the movie ended that Joss Whedon was actually in the audience with us! He was vacationing on the Cape with his wife. After the movie, we bumped into him in the parking lot and he autographed my ticket! Very nice guy, who deserved a lot better from FOX. I wish him lots of success with his new show Dollhouse, which, btw, I recommend highly.

I just can't...look...away!!

Old Post Feb 24th, 2009 06:41 PM
Serious Impact is currently offline Click here to Send Serious Impact a Private Message Find more posts by Serious Impact Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
x-fetish

I am a VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY big Firefly and Serenity fan.

My sister watched the series when it originally aired , i missed some episodes but was still sad when it was cancelled and looked forward to serenity, the second i heard there would be a movie. Over the weekend my sis and i were walking in a store and saw the whole series on dvd and she goes "we're not leaving here without this" (she must be psychic). We finished watching the whole thing yesterday, and it made me want to kick Fox for canceling one of the best shows ever. My brother of course came in five minutes before we finished watching it and flipped out that noone informed him. Turns out he likes it too. DARN YOU FOX.

yeah i know the thread is old, but i just saw it so it's new to me big grin

Last edited by x-fetish on Mar 19th, 2009 at 11:44 PM

Old Post Mar 19th, 2009 11:39 PM
x-fetish is currently offline Click here to Send x-fetish a Private Message Find more posts by x-fetish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Serious Impact

Originally posted by x-fetish
I am a VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY big Firefly and Serenity fan.

My sister watched the series when it originally aired , i missed some episodes but was still sad when it was cancelled and looked forward to serenity, the second i heard there would be a movie. Over the weekend my sis and i were walking in a store and saw the whole series on dvd and she goes "we're not leaving here without this" (she must be psychic). We finished watching the whole thing yesterday, and it made me want to kick Fox for canceling one of the best shows ever. My brother of course came in five minutes before we finished watching it and flipped out that noone informed him. Turns out he likes it too. DARN YOU FOX.

yeah i know the thread is old, but i just saw it so it's new to me big grin

Yea, I loved the show too. Fox sucks for canceling it, but at least they are giving Dollhouse a respectable chance. I hope he succeeds this time. The show is pretty good, but I don't think it's quite as good as Fire Fly was. I'm sure it will get better as the series progresses though. This IS Joss Whedon after all.

I just can't...look...away!!

Old Post Mar 20th, 2009 02:27 PM
Serious Impact is currently offline Click here to Send Serious Impact a Private Message Find more posts by Serious Impact Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

Watching the series now. Will watch the movie when I'm finished with the show.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2009 01:38 AM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToyChop

"Am I a lion?"

That exchange was fantastic.

"...is it Christmas?" was another gem (Mal waking up disoriented w/ the crew around him, I think it was when he got seduced/KO'd by the hot redhead who came aboard).

Old Post Aug 6th, 2009 02:58 PM
ToyChop is currently offline Click here to Send ToyChop a Private Message Find more posts by ToyChop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

OO OO OO-OO OO OO OO MISS CLIFTON...MISS CLIFTON...OO OO MISS CLIFTON.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Aug 6th, 2009 04:02 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

A friend of mine said I remind him of Summer Glau(River) in Serenity/Firefly, I don't know if that's a good or bad thing...

Old Post Aug 12th, 2009 06:18 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wicker_man
V.2

My friends and I went to the cinema unbeknown of what to expect.
None of us (to the best of my knowledge) had seen Firefly but as a massive Buffy fan I knew we were in for a treat, and after having watched the film I was hooked and pretty vocal about my dissatisfaction with Fox’s decision to can its television counterpart.

That's NUMBERWANG!!!

Old Post Aug 19th, 2009 08:54 PM
wicker_man is currently offline Click here to Send wicker_man a Private Message Find more posts by wicker_man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spartan005

Am I the only one who didn't like the movie? I made it 30 minutes in after nearly dying from boredom. It seemed like a low budget star wars that tried too hard to be all new and clever

idk maybe i'll finish watching it someday

Thanks Vinny!

Old Post Aug 19th, 2009 10:08 PM
Spartan005 is currently offline Click here to Send Spartan005 a Private Message Find more posts by Spartan005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote