KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » Spectacular Spiderman: New Animated TV Show

Spectacular Spiderman: New Animated TV Show
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (66): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Black Yoshi
The Best Yoshi

What do you mean by "dumbed down"?

Old Post Jul 16th, 2007 06:46 PM
Black Yoshi is currently offline Click here to Send Black Yoshi a Private Message Find more posts by Black Yoshi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dazzler619

He means that he hopes the cartoon won't be aimed for young kids like the 90's series

Old Post Jul 17th, 2007 01:48 AM
Dazzler619 is currently offline Click here to Send Dazzler619 a Private Message Find more posts by Dazzler619 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black Yoshi
The Best Yoshi

I'm pretty sure it will...

Last edited by Black Yoshi on Jul 17th, 2007 at 02:27 AM

Old Post Jul 17th, 2007 02:24 AM
Black Yoshi is currently offline Click here to Send Black Yoshi a Private Message Find more posts by Black Yoshi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Dazzler619
Ed Asner should return to voice JJJ

yeah. Happy Dance so should the actor who did the voice for parker.he had the coolest voice and made that show.does anybody know if gwen is going to be in the show?

Old Post Jul 17th, 2007 05:38 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Originally posted by kai3345
yeah

well that answers my question of if Gwen will be in the show or not.Jesus Christ if this is really what they look like in the show I have lost my enthusiasm for the show. mad as much as I have always wanted to see a spiderman cartoon with gwen in it,I never wanted to see one with her looking like a dork instead of gorgeous gwendy from the comics. mad Parker looks even more stupid than he ever did in the cartoon they made after the first movie. mad I'll stick to the 90's toon.

Last edited by Mr Parker on Jul 17th, 2007 at 05:47 PM

Old Post Jul 17th, 2007 05:45 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spiderman_RJ

Originally posted by Yoshi Fanatic
I'm pretty sure that the show is "kiddyish" because it's geared towards kids. The only adult-like Spiderman series that ever came on was the CGI Spiderman cartoon that came on MTV a couple of years ago. It wasn't that good...

mtv spiderman wasnt adult,it was teenish, hence why it suck..besides not liking spiderman in that design ,i prefer the one in the teaser poster,and hating this gwen i think this will be better then it sounds,unless it folloes The Batman formula,then it will suck hard.
i really hope this is a earlier character design and gwen is not that pathetic looking gal.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2007 09:15 PM
Spiderman_RJ is currently offline Click here to Send Spiderman_RJ a Private Message Find more posts by Spiderman_RJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spiderman_RJ

90 toon suck my ass! it was utter crap, the fitst 10 eps were nice,but then it sucked.the best one is the 70s.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2007 09:17 PM
Spiderman_RJ is currently offline Click here to Send Spiderman_RJ a Private Message Find more posts by Spiderman_RJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kal-El_08
Restricted

Account Restricted

Bullshit. Are you stupid? Every Spider-Man cartoon before the 1990's version sucked & made Spider-Man like a rip-off of Superman.

"It wasn't even about the eggs. Quite frankly I like the eggs, I don't have no...problem with...It's just there's always been a lot of tension between me & Lois. It's not so much as I want to kill her...I just want her...to not be...alive anymore. I sometimes wonder if all women are this difficult. Then I think to myself, wouldn't it be MARVELOUS if I turned out to be a homosexual?"

Old Post Jul 18th, 2007 06:38 AM
Kal-El_08 is currently offline Click here to Send Kal-El_08 a Private Message Find more posts by Kal-El_08 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Originally posted by Spiderman_RJ
mtv spiderman wasnt adult,it was teenish, hence why it suck..besides not liking spiderman in that design ,i prefer the one in the teaser poster,and hating this gwen i think this will be better then it sounds,unless it folloes The Batman formula,then it will suck hard.
i really hope this is a earlier character design and gwen is not that pathetic looking gal.

plus that was man-spider we saw because he had organic webbing.hopefully this new show they go back to his classic chemical shooters and we get spiderman on the screen.yeah me and you both.I also hope that this is just a earlier character design and gwen isnt this pathetic nerd girl they are showing.we can only hope.that will ruin the whole cartoon show for me if she indeed looks like THAT.I have always wanted to see gorgeous gwendy in a spidey cartoon but thats just it,I want to see GORGEOUS Gwen,NOT this ugly nerd Gwen in a spidey cartoon.I would rather have NO gwen in a spidey cartoon,than this pathetic looking gal. mad But from the looks of it RJ,I am afraid your right,that it looks like it is following that crapfest The Batman cartoon formula. mad

as far as what you said about the 90's toon.yeah thats pretty accurate.the first season rocked,it was by far the best and very much loyal to the comicbook for the most part.but after the first season,the show got so stupid with just a few good episodes here and there and got progressively worse each year.so bad that by the final season,I like many, never watched those episodes until years later in repeats because the show got so bad.but I think you mean the 80's cartoon RJ because there never was a 70's cartoon.yeah i forgot about the 80's cartoon,the one WITHOUT his friends,it was just spiderman and then later on they got stupid and started spiderman and his amazing friends.but before they started that bs with his friends,the spiderman show from the 80's is the best screen adaptation so far.they at least knew how to draw peter parker right and had him fight some good villains like green goblin and doc ock and kingpin.

Last edited by Mr Parker on Jul 18th, 2007 at 06:26 PM

Old Post Jul 18th, 2007 06:17 PM
Black Yoshi
The Best Yoshi

I'm pretty sure that the new Spiderman cartoon is going to be good.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2007 06:24 PM
Kal-El_08
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ignore Mr Parker, Yoshi.

Anyway, the one thing I hope for is more stories revovling around the symbiotes. They should have other symbiotes in like Scream, Lasher, & Toxin. Venom & Carnage also need more episode than they got in the 1990's animated series. If all this is in, I'm good.

"It wasn't even about the eggs. Quite frankly I like the eggs, I don't have no...problem with...It's just there's always been a lot of tension between me & Lois. It's not so much as I want to kill her...I just want her...to not be...alive anymore. I sometimes wonder if all women are this difficult. Then I think to myself, wouldn't it be MARVELOUS if I turned out to be a homosexual?"

Old Post Jul 18th, 2007 07:35 PM
Kal-El_08 is currently offline Click here to Send Kal-El_08 a Private Message Find more posts by Kal-El_08 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black Yoshi
The Best Yoshi

That would be great. This new Spiderman cartoon need more symbiotes in it. It would be great if the Life Foundation is the main villain of a whole season. That way, Venom, Carnage and the Life Foundation symbiotes would appear in a good amount of episodes.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2007 08:03 PM
Kal-El_08
Restricted

Account Restricted

As long as Venom & Carnage get enough episodes, I'm happy.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2007 04:41 AM
Bat Dude
In God I Trust

We don't need the Life Foundation, as long as Venom shows up, which he will, I'll be satisfied... And maybe Carnage, but that's it, as I really don't want symbiotes to be the focus of the show...

And I really wanna see the Gwen/Goblin story... If Justice League can kill off characters in a respectable manner, so can Spectacular Spider-Man...

Old Post Jul 19th, 2007 05:36 PM
Bat Dude is currently offline Click here to Send Bat Dude a Private Message Find more posts by Bat Dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Bat dude,Hey I cant believe it.You made it back over to the spiderman section. big grin That being the case,was wondering,do you agree with me and RJ that from what you know about the new spiderman cartoon show that it seems to be following down the same footsteps of that horrid The Batman? mad God I hope I am wrong about that.Like i said I have always dreamed of them making a spiderman cartoon show with gorgeous gwen stacy in it but not this ugly nerd gwen .that will ruin the whole show for me if she looks like that. mad as i said,i would rather have NO gwen stacy in a cartoon show instead of this ugly dork they are calling gwen stacy to be in it. mad She has always been my favorite supporting character but thats because she was GORGEOUS Gwen stacy.Not this dog they are showing. sick

Last edited by Mr Parker on Jul 19th, 2007 at 06:14 PM

Old Post Jul 19th, 2007 06:08 PM
Black Yoshi
The Best Yoshi

Such harsh words...

Old Post Jul 19th, 2007 08:54 PM
steverules
The doctor

Gwen was originally going to be Mr.Parkers wife but after he saw what she looked like on the cartoon the wedding was called off

Old Post Jul 19th, 2007 09:28 PM
steverules is currently offline Click here to Send steverules a Private Message Find more posts by steverules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bat Dude
In God I Trust

Originally posted by Mr Parker
Bat dude,Hey I cant believe it.You made it back over to the spiderman section. big grin That being the case,was wondering,do you agree with me and RJ that from what you know about the new spiderman cartoon show that it seems to be following down the same footsteps of that horrid The Batman? mad God I hope I am wrong about that.Like i said I have always dreamed of them making a spiderman cartoon show with gorgeous gwen stacy in it but not this ugly nerd gwen .that will ruin the whole show for me if she looks like that. mad as i said,i would rather have NO gwen stacy in a cartoon show instead of this ugly dork they are calling gwen stacy to be in it. mad She has always been my favorite supporting character but thats because she was GORGEOUS Gwen stacy.Not this dog they are showing. sick

Those ARE some harsh words... And dork doesn't equal ugly, ok? I hate when people make that connection... While I do want to see a good looking Gwen, I don't have any hate towards a nerd Gwen, as I always thought that Gwen was "Peter's soulmate", someone he had a lot in common with, not just some blonde babe on the cheerleading squad that he happened to impress...

Not like MJ... I want MJ to be like the early comics, a real b****... She gets everything she wants... A preppy b****... (like the girls at my school)

Old Post Jul 20th, 2007 12:06 AM
Bat Dude is currently offline Click here to Send Bat Dude a Private Message Find more posts by Bat Dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spider-Chris

Originally posted by Bat Dude
Those ARE some harsh words... And dork doesn't equal ugly, ok? I hate when people make that connection... While I do want to see a good looking Gwen, I don't have any hate towards a nerd Gwen, as I always thought that Gwen was "Peter's soulmate", someone he had a lot in common with, not just some blonde babe on the cheerleading squad that he happened to impress...

Not like MJ... I want MJ to be like the early comics, a real b****... She gets everything she wants... A preppy b****... (like the girls at my school)

lol exactly

Old Post Jul 20th, 2007 12:15 AM
Spider-Chris is currently offline Click here to Send Spider-Chris a Private Message Find more posts by Spider-Chris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kal-El_08
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nerdy looking girls can be sexy.....

Old Post Jul 20th, 2007 05:17 AM