KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Thor Discussion

Thor Discussion
Started by: roughrider

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (96): « First ... « 94 95 [96]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ares834

Personally, I'm really enjoying the series. It's a lot of fun. While I can see why a lot of people are disappointed, I don't think he is "ruining" Thor like some believe. And Thor will have his hammer back soon enough. Odin is a completely OOC but it's more in line with his mythological counterpart so I'm fine with it.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2015 03:44 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Henry_Pym
Ultron Bound

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
I absolutely can't stand the way that Aaron is writing Odin. It's almost as bad as Thor losing his book. He's absolutely purposely writing Odin as an oafish clod to make phucking Freyja look better. What happened to the God of Wisdom who played games of chess with MCEs? Aaron might as well call this shit "Dear women, please pay attention to me and give me social brownie points!"

For real, phuck this book.
yeah I dropped this book and just follow it via YouTube guys like comics explained & Comicstorian.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2015 05:26 AM
Henry_Pym is currently offline Click here to Send Henry_Pym a Private Message Find more posts by Henry_Pym Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

Originally posted by ares834
Personally, I'm really enjoying the series. It's a lot of fun. While I can see why a lot of people are disappointed, I don't think he is "ruining" Thor like some believe. And Thor will have his hammer back soon enough. Odin is a completely OOC but it's more in line with his mythological counterpart so I'm fine with it.

No, mythological Odin was never retarded.

His behaviour isn't just completely out of character, but it directly contradicts all of his former behaviour. Shit from like 3-4 years back....

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Feb 17th, 2015 11:21 AM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by roughrider

I don't mind arcs like this in the comics, as you need to find fresh angles to explore for a couple of years.

thumb up

Originally posted by roughrider
I am concerned more if this will eventually happen in the movies, and Chris Hemsworth gets replaced just for the sake of a story twist.

Nah that won't happen in the movies. Plenty of stories to tell on the big screen yet. They're doing the Female Powerhouse thing with Cap. Marvel, so pretty sure Thor is safe.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2015 11:28 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

"Fresh angles" ?

We had a new Thor 3 years ago...Tanarus anyone?

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Feb 17th, 2015 11:42 AM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Which didn't even last that long compared to this one the way its going.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2015 12:05 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

Originally posted by Kazenji
Which didn't even last that long compared to this one the way its going.

It only lasted a year or so, which will be longer than this if things return to normal after Secret Wars...

The point was that a "new Thor" isn't much of a fresh angle.

And even though Tarene and Whor are completely different, Thor-girl in v2 read just like this.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Feb 17th, 2015 12:07 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by krisblaze
It only lasted a year or so, which will be longer than this if things return to normal after Secret Wars....

All assumptions

and it wasn't even a year that Tanarus thing.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2015 12:13 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

Originally posted by Kazenji
All assumptions

and it wasn't even a year that Tanarus thing.

Okay smile

Originally posted by krisblaze
The point was that a "new Thor" isn't much of a fresh angle.

And even though Tarene and Whor are completely different, Thor-girl in v2 read just like this.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Feb 17th, 2015 12:16 PM
basilisk

Well I had a look at that latest issue and yeah, that was bad. I don't really care about a temporary female Thor. I mean it's a totally lazy, unoriginal idea and the sign of a bad writer/editorial team, but it will be temporary and they probably could have done something reasonable with it for just a year or at most two.

But this seems to be a male writer's idea of trying to pander to a female audience and I'm not sure even most female readers are really going to go for it, if they bother picking it up at all - and I don't think many will. It just feels... shallow. Odin in particular is pathetic. He could always be a bit of a stubborn jerk at times, but he's deliberately being written down here and he's lost all his grandeur.

In fact Asgard itself seems like a petty, smaller place these days. They need a writer who can put some majesty back into it all.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2015 02:56 PM
basilisk is currently offline Click here to Send basilisk a Private Message Find more posts by basilisk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

My favorite part is Odin - who has enchanted and dechanted Mjolnir on a whim and dropped Mjolnir and the entire gang of the Worthy's hammers with a hand wave - can't do anything about this as hard as he tries.

And him teaming up with the Serpent is retarded as ****.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2015 04:23 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

I don't even like Odin as a character but this butchering of his character is just pathetic.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2015 05:28 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

I said it when Galactus said some really really stupid shit but Aaron can just write Thor. After whatever Original Sin was and whatever's happening here, that seems confirmed.

Aaron should just make original characters and have Thor and solely Thor fight them seperated from any other longstanding characters. I don't get how he can make such a magical series of Thor books and then just shit all over everything else.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2015 07:02 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote