KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Transformers » Should Frank Welker have voiced Megatron?

Who's voice is best for Megatron in the 2007 movie?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Frank Welker 11 64.71%
Someone other than Frank Welker 6 35.29%
Total: 17 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Should Frank Welker have voiced Megatron?
Started by: Impediment

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
General_Iroh
White Guy

You're right he doesn't, it sounds awesome though! Here's the clip for those who have yet to see it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgkFM3M5exA

Old Post Jun 30th, 2007 09:00 PM
General_Iroh is currently offline Click here to Send General_Iroh a Private Message Find more posts by General_Iroh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Still have to get the game and watch the film.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2007 03:59 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

I think Hugo Weaving did a good job but I think Frank Welker should have voiced him, well if he had more lines than what he had.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2007 01:43 PM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General_Iroh
White Guy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kento
I think Hugo Weaving did a good job but I think Frank Welker should have voiced him, well if he had more lines than what he had.

I really didn't like Frank Welker's voice from the video game as much as I liked Weaving's in the movie

Old Post Jul 4th, 2007 03:21 PM
General_Iroh is currently offline Click here to Send General_Iroh a Private Message Find more posts by General_Iroh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xNIXSONx
PSN: IAMTHECAVALRY

watching the movie i knew it was Hugo but as i watched Megatron speak and such, it just didn't sound like him at all lol but then i noticed the subtleties in how he talks and you hear that mr smith thing lol

Old Post Jul 4th, 2007 05:18 PM
xNIXSONx is currently offline Click here to Send xNIXSONx a Private Message Find more posts by xNIXSONx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

I say not Welker, because his voice wouldn't have worked in the film.

Last edited by Strangelove on Jul 4th, 2007 at 05:42 PM

Old Post Jul 4th, 2007 05:39 PM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xNIXSONx

Welker sounds a bit different than before too.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2007 05:44 PM
xNIXSONx is currently offline Click here to Send xNIXSONx a Private Message Find more posts by xNIXSONx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

I played the game, and I loved Welker in it, I wish he would've done the film as well.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2007 11:52 PM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
(>^^)>
is it there yet?

actual i thought weaving did a good job but welver was way better, but they thought welver's voicing didn't sound right for it sad

Admit it, you splooshed

Old Post Jul 5th, 2007 12:21 AM
(>^^)> is currently offline Click here to Send (>^^)> a Private Message Find more posts by (>^^)> Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

you can't really tell it's hugo... but i heard a bit of agent smith in his intonation...

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: "is it fear or courage that compells you?"

"this is my world!"

totally smith when he said those lines...

Old Post Jul 5th, 2007 12:52 AM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Originally posted by xNIXSONx
Welker sounds a bit different than before too.

As did Optimus, but he still made it in both the film and the game.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2007 01:46 AM
xNIXSONx

Originally posted by super pr*xy
you can't really tell it's hugo... but i heard a bit of agent smith in his intonation...

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: "is it fear or courage that compells you?"

"this is my world!"

totally smith when he said those lines...

THATs the line where his smith comes in!! haha

and to Scythe, Cullen still sounds a bit more Prime just deeper and lower

Old Post Jul 5th, 2007 05:31 PM
General_Iroh
White Guy

Originally posted by Scythe
As did Optimus, but he still made it in both the film and the game.

Yeah but Prime's look didn't change, and Welker sounds a lot older than cullen.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2007 12:42 AM
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

I wish I had knew who did the voicing in the Movie so that I could have paid attention and caught those subtle cues of Smith breaking through.

I'm sure with all the computer effects available that Welker wouldn't have sounded that bad.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post Jul 6th, 2007 01:26 AM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

i kinda heard something familiar about megraton's voice the first time i saw it. and by the time i watched the 2nd time, i knew it was hugo and there was definitely some smith in there...

Old Post Jul 6th, 2007 05:59 PM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Losty
Renegade of funk

dude, frank for the win, he IS MEGATRON!
Sorry hugo didnt do it for me

myspace.com/lostymc

Old Post Jul 12th, 2007 12:52 PM
Losty is currently offline Click here to Send Losty a Private Message Find more posts by Losty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Sorry I really did love the old school Megatron sound but after hearing Welker in the Video Game. I'm going to say they made the right decision. His voice seemed old, raspy, and just plain tired.

He did a good job for the game but I don't think his voice would have done well on the bigscreen.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jul 12th, 2007 01:52 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Cullen has aged, but think did alright for the guy who voiced Eeyore from Winnie The Pooh.

Also, Welker voiced George from Curious George in 2004...

Old Post Jul 12th, 2007 09:05 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Welker all the way for me.

No other Megatron comes close for me, Im afraid....

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2007 11:16 AM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Welker all the way for me.

No other Megatron comes close for me, Im afraid....

What did you think of Leonard Nemoy as Galvatron?

Old Post Aug 8th, 2007 11:09 PM