KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Transformers » Should Frank Welker have voiced Megatron?

Who's voice is best for Megatron in the 2007 movie?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Frank Welker 11 64.71%
Someone other than Frank Welker 6 35.29%
Total: 17 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Should Frank Welker have voiced Megatron?
Started by: Impediment

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
super pr*xy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by xNIXSONx
watching the movie i knew it was Hugo but as i watched Megatron speak and such, it just didn't sound like him at all lol but then i noticed the subtleties in how he talks and you hear that mr smith thing lol

is it courage or fear that compels you mr. ander-- er... i mean fleshling... confused

Old Post Aug 10th, 2007 04:28 AM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

laughing out loud

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Aug 10th, 2007 10:00 AM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Have any of you guys heard Welker in the video game?

Old Post Aug 10th, 2007 10:30 PM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

i've heard bad bews about the game. i wouldn't doubt the suckiness since most movie based games suck balls. i could be mistaken though... can anyone give an unbiased opinion on the TF game?

Old Post Aug 11th, 2007 02:35 AM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Originally posted by super pr*xy
i've heard bad bews about the game. i wouldn't doubt the suckiness since most movie based games suck balls. i could be mistaken though... can anyone give an unbiased opinion on the TF game?

Sure, here goes.

The cons of the game.

It was rushed like every other movie based game.

Camera problems, but then again, nowadays, what game doesn't right?

Brings nothing new to the fray. Don't expect new playable characters or anything like that. You get to play as only the TF's seen onscreen. Yes, all of them, even Scorpinok. Well, alright, just one, Shockwave is in it.

Areas were limited. You have to stay within the vacinity of the missions.

It's difficult. No game difficulty setting option.

It's short.

and finally, there aren't enough pros for this game.

On to the pros.

G1 Optimus and Megatron are in this game via unlockable skins for Optimus and Megatron. ( If you're wondering how does Megatron go about flying in jet form when his G1 counterpart didn't have a jet form, he marely does the Superman thing and flies with his hands in the air. No joke )

It's fairly enjoyable, I had alot of fun driving/flying around.

Cullen and Welker lend their voices.

The controls are pretty tight. Except for the Wii version which felt alittle loose.

Graphically speaking, the PS3 and 360 versions look amazing.

Unlockable content is okay, not great, but I liked all the comic book covers they packed in.

And there you have, if you have any further unbaised questions, let me now.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2007 04:44 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Originally posted by Scythe
Sure, here goes.

The cons of the game.

It was rushed like every other movie based game.

Camera problems, but then again, nowadays, what game doesn't right?

Brings nothing new to the fray. Don't expect new playable characters or anything like that. You get to play as only the TF's seen onscreen. Yes, all of them, even Scorpinok. Well, alright, just one, Shockwave is in it.

Areas were limited. You have to stay within the vacinity of the missions.

It's difficult. No game difficulty setting option.

It's short.

and finally, there aren't enough pros for this game.

On to the pros.

G1 Optimus and Megatron are in this game via unlockable skins for Optimus and Megatron. ( If you're wondering how does Megatron go about flying in jet form when his G1 counterpart didn't have a jet form, he marely does the Superman thing and flies with his hands in the air. No joke )

It's fairly enjoyable, I had alot of fun driving/flying around.

Cullen and Welker lend their voices.

The controls are pretty tight. Except for the Wii version which felt alittle loose.

Graphically speaking, the PS3 and 360 versions look amazing.

Unlockable content is okay, not great, but I liked all the comic book covers they packed in.

And there you have, if you have any further unbaised questions, let me now.

I am so picking it up, JUST to have Megatron do Superman.

Ironically enough in the original Cartoon that IS how he flies laughing out loud

After seeing the move I'm unsure, I think welker could of done a job as GOOD AS Weaving, but not better.

They need to make a copy wherin Welker does all of Megatrons lines....

Old Post Aug 11th, 2007 02:00 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

What did you think of Leonard Nemoy as Galvatron?

Yup.... I actually prefered Nimoy's Galvatron to Welker's.
(I get the whole in-show insinuation Galvatron is meant to have completely gone insane after the events of the movie and his voice changed accordingly, but I think that his voice lacked the bass-end power to be truely terrifying.)

Welker's Galvatron sounded more like your generic Scooby Doo ghost type villian. Nimoy's was harsh, metallic and powerful.
When I read Galvatron in Marvel.... Its still Nimoy's voice in my head as Im reading.

And I admit that that is purely my preference and a lot prefer Welker's.

But Welker's Megatron rules all. Still.

One of the most distinct and easily identifiable voices Ive heard too.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2007 02:49 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Have any of you guys heard Welker in the video game?

Yup. Saw a few clips of Cullen and Welker in the studio and his voice is still great. Sounds so classic.
His "DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEE, AUTOBOT!!!!!!!!!" was spot on to old megs. On the clip they hadn't added any modulation to their voices, but you could blatantly hear the coolness.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4tN...ted&search=

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on Aug 11th, 2007 at 03:04 PM

Old Post Aug 11th, 2007 02:55 PM
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Yup.... I actually prefered Nimoy's Galvatron to Welker's.
(I get the whole in-show insinuation Galvatron is meant to have completely gone insane after the events of the movie and his voice changed accordingly, but I think that his voice lacked the bass-end power to be truely terrifying.)

Welker's Galvatron sounded more like your generic Scooby Doo ghost type villian. Nimoy's was harsh, metallic and powerful.
When I read Galvatron in Marvel.... Its still Nimoy's voice in my head as Im reading.

And I admit that that is purely my preference and a lot prefer Welker's.

But Welker's Megatron rules all. Still.

One of the most distinct and easily identifiable voices Ive heard too.

Have to agree, I was quite shocked they didn't consider Nemoy for Megatron in the movie...

Old Post Aug 11th, 2007 03:15 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Ohh....in the Bay one...?

Hmmmmmmmm.

An interesting thought.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2007 03:24 PM
Scythe
The Goat

Yeah, the game overall is just okay, but worth a good play through.

And yes, Nimoy was pretty good as Galvy.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2007 09:22 PM
super pr*xy

Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Yup. Saw a few clips of Cullen and Welker in the studio and his voice is still great. Sounds so classic.
His "DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEE, AUTOBOT!!!!!!!!!" was spot on to old megs. On the clip they hadn't added any modulation to their voices, but you could blatantly hear the coolness.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4tN...ted&search=

that clip made me think of retired megatron and prime. just sitting in front of the old cybertronian retirement home, all rusted and sh!t sharing battle stories...

megatron: "hey prime... remember the time i totally pwned your ass?"

prime: "not really, megatron..."

megatron: "yeah, me either..."

prime: "oh, i just leaked a little..." confused

Old Post Aug 13th, 2007 07:10 PM
Scythe
The Goat

Good ole' Starscream in the background wearing a grandmother wig.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2007 04:44 AM
Losty
Renegade of funk

who did starscreams voice?

myspace.com/lostymc

Old Post Aug 14th, 2007 05:32 AM
Losty is currently offline Click here to Send Losty a Private Message Find more posts by Losty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

Yes

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Aug 15th, 2007 06:39 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

LOL Super pr*xy

Man those're gonna be some buttplugs...

T'was Chris Latta originally.... Can't remember the new dude's name though.
(I liked the Starscream voice in the movie. smile )

Old Post Aug 15th, 2007 08:35 PM
super pr*xy

robot chicken should totally do a misadventure of retired prime and megatron show like they did star wars...

i barely heard starscream in the movie, or i wasn't paying close attention, or i can't remember how he sounds. was it all high ptched and evil like the toons?

Old Post Aug 16th, 2007 05:58 PM
I-Drop
Privateer

Not really. The voice was ok. Didn't have enough lines. C.Latta(RIP) set the bar too high. Frank should have been casted as Megatron.

Last edited by I-Drop on Aug 17th, 2007 at 06:18 AM

Old Post Aug 17th, 2007 06:16 AM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bad Ash231
Harbinger of Dur

They should have gotten this guy to voice Starscream stick out tongue

Sig by Inhuman

Old Post Aug 17th, 2007 09:03 AM
Bad Ash231 is currently offline Click here to Send Bad Ash231 a Private Message Find more posts by Bad Ash231 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Originally posted by super pr*xy
robot chicken should totally do a misadventure of retired prime and megatron show like they did star wars...

i barely heard starscream in the movie, or i wasn't paying close attention, or i can't remember how he sounds. was it all high ptched and evil like the toons?

Not too high pitched as such, but he did get that 'snidey-runt-waiting-to stab-you-in-the-back' element across as he was reporting to Megatron.

Sounded like how i'd imagine Starscream's older brother to sound. stick out tongue

Definitely sounded Starscream-esque.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2007 12:09 PM