KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Transformers » Transformers Movie Reviews

Transformers Movie Reviews
Started by: Mišt

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Hazardous

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Impediment
I read a cover story in the Fri/Sat/Sun edition of USA Today about the Transformers movie, and it let loose a spoiler I wish I hadn't read.

Apparently, in the new 2007 movie, [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Optimus Prime and Megatron are brothers. So I read.

Nah, it was just like in ROTS when Palpatine calls Anakin 'son', its not meant to be taken as a fact, just a passing comment.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2007 09:02 AM
Hazardous is currently offline Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stickman618

SERIOUSLY!! DON'T READ THIS IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE MOVIE. THEY'RE NOT CALLED SPOILERS FOR NOTHING!!!

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Megatron could still have a tiny fragment of the allspark

maybe enough to make him Galvatron in the next movie

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2007 10:07 AM
stickman618 is currently offline Click here to Send stickman618 a Private Message Find more posts by stickman618 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Originally posted by stickman618
SERIOUSLY!! DON'T READ THIS IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE MOVIE. THEY'RE NOT CALLED SPOILERS FOR NOTHING!!!

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Megatron could still have a tiny fragment of the allspark

maybe enough to make him Galvatron in the next movie

I highly doubt that the producers will jump the shark this early in the multi-million dollar franchise that hasn't even begun to take off yet.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Killing off Optimus Prime, making Rodimus Prime the new Autobot leader, and converting Megatron into Galvatron is what originally helped to destroy the Transformers franchise after the release of the 1986 animated movie. Myself included, fans abound hated it.

“Dreams shape the world."

Last edited by Impediment on Jul 2nd, 2007 at 03:11 PM

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2007 03:07 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

i just watched this movie online. Pretty special effects but otherwise meh, for me

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2007 10:42 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Still a day away.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2007 01:49 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emma718
posthuman

Re: Transformers Movie Reviews

Originally posted by Mišt
Post what you think of it smile

IMO, 11/10. Loved everything about it, more movies should be made like this.

Perfect example of an action blockbuster. Good usage of comedy...not too forced, not overused, Shia LaBeouf plays those parts pretty well. If this movie doesnt win an award for visual effects I'll be surprised and disappointed. The story was well produced, didnt really dwell on irrelevant crap for too long, stayed to the point and kept moving.
Only minor annoyance was the Aussie analyst chick....I hate listening to Australian accent in movies, so irritating.. laughing out loud

It's Shia LaBeouf, he is hilarious and a good actor. I remember always watching Even Stevens.

no expression I'm Australian lol.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2007 02:36 AM
Emma718 is currently offline Click here to Send Emma718 a Private Message Find more posts by Emma718 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xNIXSONx
PSN: IAMTHECAVALRY

Transformers fkin AMAZING, an intense epic film, the only letdown as during the credits or end i expected the original theme to kick in with the drums n sht just like the 80s film

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2007 03:18 AM
xNIXSONx is currently offline Click here to Send xNIXSONx a Private Message Find more posts by xNIXSONx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

just got out of the theater 30min ago. 2 words frigin awsome.
funny, lots of action and no snoozer parts. I was kind of worried cause it's michael bay. he is sometimes hit and miss
badboys= hit
the rock=hit
armaggedon=miss
pearl harbor=miss
badboys2=miss
the island=hit
transformers=HIT
alot of fun to watch.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2007 05:42 AM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

Re: Transformers Movie Reviews

Shia LaBeouf

Originally posted by Emma718
It's Shia LaBeouf,

Originally posted by Emma718
no expression I'm Australian lol.

no expression Me too. Ill be stalking you in the Gold Coast in 2 weeks

With the All Spark, does that automatically make any creations evil? I didnt catch that part..

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2007 08:40 AM
Hazardous is currently offline Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emma718
posthuman

Re: Re: Transformers Movie Reviews

no expression Me too. Ill be stalking you in the Gold Coast in 2 weeks

ahahah, you can try lol

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2007 09:09 AM
Emma718 is currently offline Click here to Send Emma718 a Private Message Find more posts by Emma718 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stickman618

Originally posted by Impediment
I highly doubt that the producers will jump the shark this early in the multi-million dollar franchise that hasn't even begun to take off yet.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Killing off Optimus Prime, making Rodimus Prime the new Autobot leader, and converting Megatron into Galvatron is what originally helped to destroy the Transformers franchise after the release of the 1986 animated movie. Myself included, fans abound hated it.

they don't have to [SPOILER - highlight to read]: kill OP. but Megatron is dead and someone needs to be the bad guy, and i think they're saving Unicron 'till the last movie

With the All Spark, does that automatically make any creations evil? I didnt catch that part..

i don't know

me and my friend were thinking [SPOILER - highlight to read]: you saw a glimpse of the Autobot Matrix Of Leadership right (in OP's chest)? maybe the AMOL creates ones that are good, and the allspark creates ones that are bad, but they need them both to recreate cybertron

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2007 10:08 AM
stickman618 is currently offline Click here to Send stickman618 a Private Message Find more posts by stickman618 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nimbus006
Accuser

I dont even know how to put into words how incredible this movie was... no question 10/10. There's not one scene i didnt love. IM going to put this movie in my top 5 ever.

By: Juk

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2007 02:04 PM
nimbus006 is currently offline Click here to Send nimbus006 a Private Message Find more posts by nimbus006 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

yo stay for the credits!

Theres a big thing there.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2007 05:13 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

Originally posted by Quincy
yo stay for the credits!

Theres a big thing there.

Stay for the first 2 or 5 minutes of the credits then you can go. there is nothing after that.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2007 06:47 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Will do.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2007 02:09 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

this movie was beyond 10/10... even beyond 11/10. one of the best movies ever to come out this year... probably many more years to come. with all the money this film is going to rake in, there will be a definite sequel. i hope the go exponentially awesome like LOTR.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: i noted the allspark created evil bots too. it may have a direct coreletion with the matrix as stickman said.

another great move was casting the original voice of prime in the cartoon series... peter cullen. i had no idea hugo was NBE 1 aka megatron as they call it.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2007 03:59 AM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

dont know why, but still prefer the animated movie.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2007 08:08 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stickman618

Originally posted by super pr*xy
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: i noted the allspark created evil bots too. it may have a direct coreletion with the matrix as stickman said.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: it would explain why it regenerated frenzy but not bumblebee

i'm gonna watch it again with my friends on friday,

and again with my family on saturday

i've never watched the same movie more than once in the cinema before, but i can't just sit back and wait for it to come out on VCD or DVD eek!

i'd watch it by myself if i had to

its just that cool big grin

Old Post Jul 4th, 2007 08:22 AM
Majestik
The Original Boiled Egg

I saw it a yesterday night with a good friend of mine, we drove close to 30mins away from where we'd originally planned to see it just to get good seats at our preferred time...and it was worth the petrol...I loved the movie...and I agree with others...it surpasses even 11/10

There were some inconsistencies that (if a sequel is made) will most likely be somewhat ironed out...needless to say I'll be watching this one again, AND I'll be staying for the 5 minutes into the credits next time LOL
I wanna see whats so BIG that I missed out on the first time stick out tongue

Old Post Jul 4th, 2007 01:25 PM
Majestik is currently offline Click here to Send Majestik a Private Message Find more posts by Majestik Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

this is what you missed

[B][SPOILER - highlight to read]: 2 interviews with sam's parents and starscream getting away

Old Post Jul 4th, 2007 04:06 PM