KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Transformers » Transformers Movie Reviews

Transformers Movie Reviews
Started by: Mišt

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
xNIXSONx
PSN: IAMTHECAVALRY

quote: (post)
Originally posted by illadelph12
Just got back from Transformers. I was thoroughly satisfied. This movie is extremely entertaining. The action scenes are intense and the humor mixed in is spot on and doesn't make the film cheesy at all, it's perfect for keeping the tone light (it is a story about an intergalactic war after all).

My only gripes were:

Frenzy - Rumble and Frenzy, from the cartoon, were the hotheaded cassette bots that came out of Soundwave (the two little robots with arms that turned into pile drivers). They murdered his characterization and made him basically comic relief.

Jazz - They made his characterization thug-like. Not so much a gripe as a laughing He's the the robot 50 Cent.

Devastator - Completely changed him. Devastator in the cartoon was the name of the composite giant robot the Constructicons formed when they combined. I think they may have changed him in the newer cartoon or something.

Megatron - Other than the fact they turned him into Cyclonus from Transformers: The Animated Movie, Megatron was dope. Wish he had more battle scenes.

Scorponok - Another murdered character. In the cartoons Scorponok was a general and even was leader of the Decepticons for a while. They made him into an add-on of Blackout (the helicopter robot, who was dope).

Starscream - Needed more Starscream action. What was shown was really good though.

They have a lot of material to use for sequels. I have a feeling that the way the film ended is going to have ramifications.

All in all, I give it a 4.75/5. I'd give it a 5 if I wasn't a fan of Transformers and didn't go into it with my own opinion of how things should have been. It was a great action movie. I recommend it. I'm going to see it again to make sure I didn't miss anything.

On the rumor tip, word on message boards is that 2-3 sequels are already being negotiated and that some major players could be added (Soundwave, Metroplex, Omega Supreme, Tidalwave [Decepticon Aircraft Carrier], The Constructicons, and Unicron for the finale).

If they pull it off this could be an all-time great franchise for popcorn action flicks.

-Frenzy played a big role in the film, not only obtaining valuable data for the decepticons but finding the location of the allspark.

-just cuz Jazz is voiced by an african american doesn't make him a 'thug'

-there was no Devastator character in the movie at all...

Old Post Jul 5th, 2007 05:26 PM
xNIXSONx is currently offline Click here to Send xNIXSONx a Private Message Find more posts by xNIXSONx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Originally posted by Schecter
is this really necessary? i think the movie was utter shit, but im not calling you a michael bay fanboy.
Well...I'm not a Bay fanboy, so you would be incorrect in doing so.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2007 05:44 PM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nimbus006
Accuser

Originally posted by Schecter
is this really necessary? i think the movie was utter shit, but im not calling you a michael bay fanboy.

Im pretty open minded and can understand you having an opinion and not liking the movie. Fine maybe it just didnt suit your taste, but to say that it was utter shit i mean thats a little ridiculous. Even if you didnt like it you have to be impressed with the CGI and the action sequences which is enough to make it at the very least entertaining. In my opinion (which i know doesnt mean shit to you, but im gonna tell you anyway) I thought this movie was out of control good. The acting was a little better than average, the script was good, the FX were awesome, it was funny as hell, but it was the actual Transformers that did it for me. Each of them had such a cool personality, and they were so insane looking. 10/10 for me.

By: Juk

Old Post Jul 5th, 2007 06:00 PM
nimbus006 is currently offline Click here to Send nimbus006 a Private Message Find more posts by nimbus006 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpaceMonkey
Project Mayhem

Originally posted by xNIXSONx
-Frenzy played a big role in the film, not only obtaining valuable data for the decepticons but finding the location of the allspark.

Ummm, Devastator WAS in the movie. It was the tank.

"Put him in a straightjacket, the man's sick!"

Old Post Jul 5th, 2007 06:17 PM
SpaceMonkey is currently offline Click here to Send SpaceMonkey a Private Message Find more posts by SpaceMonkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlueDMighty

I thought the Movie was "Fizmotastic" 9.5/10

Frenzy wasn't bad. After seeing it a 2nd time he kind of reminded me of Ravage (the way he moved), and Laser Beak. Plus he ignited the old hatred I had for both spy tapes when I was a kid.

Jazz mad I was PISSED. Not at the characterization (although, He was 2nd in command under Prime on Earth in G1 just in case noone remembered) I actually liked the attitude.

But at the fact that he died (arguably) the worst death in the Movie.

He was the coolest Transformer on screen next to Prime and Bumble Bee (I was skepticle but they made it work), and had THE COOLEST trasnformation animation out of every body.

Not to mention he was the ONLY one that wanted to go get Bumble Bee.

Rachet was a BUM.

Who did he fix?

Iron Hide was a BUSTER (I had a problem with his voice/ came off Wolverineish).

After all that "Gun" talk did he shoot, hit, and kill anybody?

Devastator was a tank.

and his left arm (Bone Crusher) was the huge millitary construction vehicle

Last edited by BlueDMighty on Jul 5th, 2007 at 06:22 PM

Old Post Jul 5th, 2007 06:19 PM
BlueDMighty is currently offline Click here to Send BlueDMighty a Private Message Find more posts by BlueDMighty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Schecter
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by nimbus006
Im pretty open minded and can understand you having an opinion and not liking the movie. Fine maybe it just didnt suit your taste, but to say that it was utter shit i mean thats a little ridiculous. Even if you didnt like it you have to be impressed with the CGI and the action sequences which is enough to make it at the very least entertaining.

no. i require a decent plot to be entertained. im not easily ooh'd and aaah'd by cgi. i realise that im a minority in that respect, but still doesnt change my opinion.

Originally posted by Strangelove
Well...I'm not a Bay fanboy, so you would be incorrect in doing so.

im sure i would be. the point i made was throwing out baseless and irrelevant accusations to discredit an opinion. so no, i dont think you're a bay fanboy. now you understand the point i was making, im sure

"Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here."

Old Post Jul 5th, 2007 06:21 PM
Schecter is currently offline Click here to Send Schecter a Private Message Find more posts by Schecter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpaceMonkey
Project Mayhem

BLUE!!! Spoilers, bro!!! LOL, some haven't seen it yet!!! laughing

Old Post Jul 5th, 2007 06:21 PM
SpaceMonkey is currently offline Click here to Send SpaceMonkey a Private Message Find more posts by SpaceMonkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Don't mind PVS, he gets prissy when he doesn't get his head.

I thought this movie was fvcking off the wall fantastic, 10/10.

The action was great, the acting was good, and the actors were good choice (Did anyone else find the girl to actually be pretty hot?).

What really got me was how human they made the Autobots seem at times, it was hilarious the way they were [SPOILER - highlight to read]: hiding outside the house from the parents.

And as for the action I guess one of my favorite parts was when [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Starscream intercepted the F-22's and started taking them out one by one, each time pretending to be part of the squadron.

I can't wait for the sequel big grin

Old Post Jul 5th, 2007 07:46 PM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpaceMonkey
Project Mayhem

OMG!!! How do you post spoilers like that??!!! I have something to post but cannot figure out how to do it without spoiling the movie. I'm dying!!! LOL

Old Post Jul 5th, 2007 08:03 PM
sithsaber408
Intelligently Designed

This is the best movie of the summer, tied with 300 for best movie of the year (so far) and watching it was the best time I've had in a theatre since the premier of Revenge of the Sith.

That is all.

www.impactchurch.info

Old Post Jul 5th, 2007 08:03 PM
sithsaber408 is currently offline Click here to Send sithsaber408 a Private Message Find more posts by sithsaber408 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by SpaceMonkey
OMG!!! How do you post spoilers like that??!!! I have something to post but cannot figure out how to do it without spoiling the movie. I'm dying!!! LOL

(Spoiler) Put what you want to say here (/Spoiler)

Replace the () with []

Old Post Jul 5th, 2007 08:09 PM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlueDMighty

Originally posted by SpaceMonkey
BLUE!!! Spoilers, bro!!! LOL, some haven't seen it yet!!! laughing

I apologize. My bad.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2007 08:28 PM
BlueDMighty is currently offline Click here to Send BlueDMighty a Private Message Find more posts by BlueDMighty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Schecter
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BlaxicanHydra
Don't mind PVS, he gets prissy when he doesn't get his head.

what, for giving my opinion? oh i guess people who didnt like the movie have no right to an opinion or out come the personal jabs.

ZOMG DIS MOVIE ROXX MA SOXXX LOLZ!!!11

is that better?

"Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here."

Old Post Jul 5th, 2007 08:54 PM
Schecter is currently offline Click here to Send Schecter a Private Message Find more posts by Schecter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

What boggles my mind is that you could just ask Backfire. Why make yourself suffer?

Old Post Jul 5th, 2007 09:08 PM
SpaceMonkey
Project Mayhem

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: test

Old Post Jul 5th, 2007 09:53 PM
SpaceMonkey
Project Mayhem

Originally posted by BlaxicanHydra

And as for the action I guess one of my favorite parts was when [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Starscream intercepted the F-22's and started taking them out one by one, each time pretending to be part of the squadron.

I can't wait for the sequel big grin

OK, did anyone else notice in the above scene that [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Starscream became one of the jets and helped kill Megatron? Or was that just me hoping for nostalgia?

Old Post Jul 5th, 2007 09:56 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Transformers was very good.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 5th, 2007 10:05 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

Ok, allow me to retort then:

-Frenzy was still not anything like his original adaptation and was made into a lil oddball Jar-Jar Binx-esque character. Not to the point I wish he was out of the film, but his new depiction wasn't loyal to the original at all. I give it a pass because I know Bay couldn't pull this off being 100% loyal, it's a personal taste issue.

-Being a 27 year old African American male myself I have no problem with the character being voiced by a brotha. However, the original Jazz from the cartoon was more akin to Ozone from the Breakin' films (streetwise, yet mello) than the 50 Cent-esque depiction in the new film (hot-headed, foul mouthed street cat). Granted, it's now 2007, but the disparity between the old persona and the newer adaptation is striking, and there's a full spectrum of persona's within my demographic they could have pulled from, particularly considering Jazz was a peaceful autobot. Hell, his main weapon was his sound system in the original cartoon.

-Devastator was the codename of the tank Decepticon (who is actually supposed to be named "Brawl"). He even said as much when the Decepticon's had a role call after Frenzy had located the Allspark and Starscream had the Decepticons check in for duty.

But you know that because you saw the same film...

PSN: Illadelph12Prime, Haksaw_Jim_Thugn - Tumblr: Mighty-Illactus
>Z<

Old Post Jul 5th, 2007 10:39 PM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

Now, to say that Transformers is the greatest movie ever made is quite bold. Maybe it's true, maybe it isn't, but when I left the theatre after seeing Transformers, I left that theater feeling totally satisfied. I couldn't wait to call my best friend who now lives in another state and explain to him that this movie brought me back to the times when he and I would wait in line for hours to see T-2, or the first Batman, back when Summer blockbusters truly delivered. Now, I've seen Die Hard 4, Spider-Man 3, Pirates 3, and the Fantastic Four 2, as well as Transformers, but Transformers was the only Summer blockbuster that totally delivered, it's the only Summer blockbuster that I will go see again while it's still in theaters. I'll at least see it one more time, probably two, then I'll buy the DVD. Of course the movie is formulaic, of course it's unrealistic, but I didn't think about that while watching it because going into it you know it's about a bunch of toys made by Hasbro, so with that disclaimer I was able to ease my seat back, smack on my popcorn and go for an awesome ride. I put this movie up there with Empire Strikes Back and the first Die Hard, as far as action/adventure goes. I was truly swept away. I even got teary eyed when Optimus Prime spoke a few times and [SPOILER - highlight to read]: when Bumble Bee was being tortured. I loved Transformers. The characters were also perfect. Shia LeBouf is a great actor, they couldn't go wrong with him. He had me convinced back when he was Louis Steven in Even Stevens. The cameos and gags were perfect too, Bernie Mac . . . hilarious, that kid with the video camera who says [SPOILER - highlight to read]: "This blows Armageddon away!" . . . omg, I totally lol'd. Transformers is the perfect blend of everything a Summer blockbuster should be. It more than meets the eye, it touches the heart strings as well.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2007 10:46 PM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xNIXSONx
PSN: IAMTHECAVALRY

Originally posted by illadelph12
Ok, allow me to retort then:

-Frenzy was still not anything like his original adaptation and was made into a lil oddball Jar-Jar Binx-esque character. Not to the point I wish he was out of the film, but his new depiction wasn't loyal to the original at all. I give it a pass because I know Bay couldn't pull this off being 100% loyal, it's a personal taste issue.

-Being a 27 year old African American male myself I have no problem with the character being voiced by a brotha. However, the original Jazz from the cartoon was more akin to Ozone from the Breakin' films (streetwise, yet mello) than the 50 Cent-esque depiction in the new film (hot-headed, foul mouthed street cat). Granted, it's now 2007, but the disparity between the old persona and the newer adaptation is striking, and there's a full spectrum of persona's within my demographic they could have pulled from, particularly considering Jazz was a peaceful autobot. Hell, his main weapon was his sound system in the original cartoon.

-Devastator was the codename of the tank Decepticon (who is actually supposed to be named "Brawl"). He even said as much when the Decepticon's had a role call after Frenzy had located the Allspark and Starscream had the Decepticons check in for duty.

But you know that because you saw the same film...

from the old cartoon i thought Jazz and IronHide sounded like cowboys but i probably mentioned that before, Im pretty sure i say Brawl as the name of the tank....and ill agree with the Frenzy being the jar jar of TFs in the film. but like i said before he did play a key role

Old Post Jul 5th, 2007 11:00 PM
xNIXSONx is currently offline Click here to Send xNIXSONx a Private Message Find more posts by xNIXSONx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote