KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » The Legend of Zelda would make a great movie!!!

The Legend of Zelda would make a great movie!!!
Started by: JediKatarn1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
simonejun

quote: (post)
Originally posted by exanda kane
Common sense tells me to post "No, it'd be awful".

Narnia was a good movie. I don't see a reason why Zelda can't be a good one too.

Simone.

Vaestro - The Dialogue Driven Network

Old Post Sep 6th, 2007 03:44 PM
simonejun is currently offline Click here to Send simonejun a Private Message Find more posts by simonejun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Problem about using Final Fantasy as an example of an good videogame movie is bad because Zelda isnt the same story driven game as Final Fantasy.

Zelda as an movie would be awful. I wouldnt want to see it. Zelda was always about gameplay, and not about story or plot.

If I was going to do something with Zelda, it wouldn be called Zelda, it would be a movie based on Zelda but without any sort of mentioning from Zelda.

How can you compare an book adaption to movie to an videogame. Narnia is a classic work of literature, while Zelda is a game.

Zelda as a movie would never work.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2007 07:02 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Violent2Dope
Restricted

Account Restricted

If it came out it would have to be totally CGI. Also, Zelda's plot is twice that of FFVII IMO.

PYRON WOULD WIPE THE FLOOR WITH STORM LULZ!

Old Post Sep 9th, 2007 02:06 AM
Violent2Dope is currently offline Click here to Send Violent2Dope a Private Message Find more posts by Violent2Dope Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Count Makashi
Count Dookus number 1 fan

Isn't Zelda always about rescuing a princess?

General G made this sig, but i am going to keep annoying him.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2007 12:54 PM
Count Makashi is currently offline Click here to Send Count Makashi a Private Message Find more posts by Count Makashi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Violent2Dope
Restricted

Account Restricted

No. That doesn't even happen in every game, you're thinking of Mario.

PYRON WOULD WIPE THE FLOOR WITH STORM LULZ!

Old Post Sep 11th, 2007 11:13 PM
Violent2Dope is currently offline Click here to Send Violent2Dope a Private Message Find more posts by Violent2Dope Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
(>^^)>
is it there yet?

Originally posted by JediKatarn1
What would you think of a live-action CGI Legend of Zelda movie based on the popular Nintendo video game made for the NES back in 1987 and created by Sheguri Miaymoto? Link, Princess Zelda, Ganon, Impa, Sprit, the King of Hyrule, Tingle, Link's grandfather and all the Hylias in the ancient land of Hyrule? I think with a good script put together and the right crew it would be just as good as the Lord of the Rings Trilogy. I would get Peter Jackson to direct The Legend of Zelda.
theyd probally go chronilogically so they would most likely do orcarina first (and it's also the #1 nintendo game of all time) then if it did well theyd move onto majoras mask or the first zelda

Lilypop Shots on XBOX
Lilipopshots on insragram

Old Post Sep 27th, 2007 04:10 AM
(>^^)> is currently offline Click here to Send (>^^)> a Private Message Find more posts by (>^^)> Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
(>^^)>
is it there yet?

Originally posted by Smasandian
Problem about using Final Fantasy as an example of an good videogame movie is bad because Zelda isnt the same story driven game as Final Fantasy.

Zelda as an movie would be awful. I wouldnt want to see it. Zelda was always about gameplay, and not about story or plot.

If I was going to do something with Zelda, it wouldn be called Zelda, it would be a movie based on Zelda but without any sort of mentioning from Zelda.

How can you compare an book adaption to movie to an videogame. Narnia is a classic work of literature, while Zelda is a game.

Zelda as a movie would never work.
the lion from Narnia gets owned in Fables, i laughed my ass off, and your thinking of mario that has no plot

also i have a bad feeling that if the asians made it it would be like this
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Torg4VAtUhc

Lilypop Shots on XBOX
Lilipopshots on insragram

Last edited by (>^^)> on Sep 27th, 2007 at 04:17 AM

Old Post Sep 27th, 2007 04:13 AM
(>^^)> is currently offline Click here to Send (>^^)> a Private Message Find more posts by (>^^)> Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

Zelda wouldnt hold up as a film.

A long time have I waited for this, my little green friend!

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2007 07:58 PM
Jedireaper is currently offline Click here to Send Jedireaper a Private Message Find more posts by Jedireaper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

As a TV series maybe.

A long time have I waited for this, my little green friend!

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2007 07:58 PM
Jedireaper is currently offline Click here to Send Jedireaper a Private Message Find more posts by Jedireaper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Allankles
Kwisatz Haderach

The Zelda franchise is too thin in plot and mythology to make a good movie. As an animated series it works.

As an aside, Final Fantasy Advent's children was a poor movie, a Zelda movie would do well not to follow that example.

Iboga chose not to fight, to allow himself to evolve. He had the wisdom to abandon the actions of war when he knew they would no longer serve him.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2007 06:31 PM
Allankles is currently offline Click here to Send Allankles a Private Message Find more posts by Allankles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Would link even be talking in the movie?

I think it would be interesting seeing the main character never talk

TGFwashere

Old Post Oct 10th, 2007 06:20 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arson87

A lil late joining but hey what about a revision of the series? Maybe a post-world western style. Just something to think about. Hollywood wants something that will sell as well as something fresh. There is a Zelda rap on Youtube by hiimrawn. Check it out.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2011 05:57 AM
Arson87 is currently offline Click here to Send Arson87 a Private Message Find more posts by Arson87 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mardook
Easier said than done!

There have been many threads about this topic before this one. People always seem to respond the same way. There is no story there, Link does not talk, there is a defensless princess to be saved, etc. If a movie were to be made then I think those involved should look at the things that would work in a movie and things that would not. Link would talk but not be a chatterbox. Zelda would be useful and not be a damsel in distress who is crippled by fear everytime something bad happens. Ganondorf would have a backstory that makes sense and have a logical and realistic reason to want to take over the world. The other characters would fill in secondary story elements. Link would not need to travel alone all the time or do battle with temple bosses or play music all the time. That is the game, its not that hard to imagine that good characterizations and character development can make a movie engaging. So can, a good set or characters. Properly realized sets, locations, makeup, music, etc. Everything that screams Zelda in the experience would add to make it an enchanting movie to behold. Which story or era should they make as a movie?! I have so many picks but they really should pick the Ocarina of Time. Why Ocarina of Time, well I think it could be broken up into a three part movie like The Lord of The Rings films. The game story is simple but the characters in the background could be brought more into the forefront to make a smaller story bigger. The development of the main characters would be important as well. This would explain why three films, the three main chracters are Link, Zelda and Ganondorf. Plenty of time in a film to explore their stories not just focusing on the adventure or main thread story. There are backstories and side stories such as Why are they always the same people in the Legend of Zelda stories. Why is Link always the Hero of Time. Why is Ganondorf so hungry for power?1 Why is Zelda so useless and why is she going around dressed as a dude ninja? A tv series could work as well and probably moreso than a series of feature films because TV with big scale is becoming more and more accessible. Game of Thrones anybody! So yea, bring Zelda on in any medium. Just keep the moronic people away from it, those hacks who don't know how to make a movie from a game... smile.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2012 11:49 AM
mardook is currently offline Click here to Send mardook a Private Message Find more posts by mardook Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

I imagine this is what pre-production would look like:

Producer 1: So it is settled, we will move forward with the Legend of Zelda on the big screen.

Producer 2: Great, every boy in the world will want to see this.

Producer 1: Right, but how do we make even more money off of this?

Producer 3: We could make it appeal to girls to.

Producer 1: Ok, how do we do that?

Producer 3: We cast Justin Bieber as Link!

Producer 2: Genius!

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2012 10:15 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HarryCanyon

Maybe as an anime film from Studio Ghibli with Goro Miyazaki as director, who about it?

Old Post Jan 9th, 2012 06:35 PM
HarryCanyon is currently offline Click here to Send HarryCanyon a Private Message Find more posts by HarryCanyon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cocobunny

Re: The Legend of Zelda would make a great movie!!!

Originally posted by JediKatarn1
What would you think of a live-action CGI Legend of Zelda movie based on the popular Nintendo video game made for the NES back in 1987 and created by Sheguri Miaymoto? Link, Princess Zelda, Ganon, Impa, Sprit, the King of Hyrule, Tingle, Link's grandfather and all the Hylias in the ancient land of Hyrule? I think with a good script put together and the right crew it would be just as good as the Lord of the Rings Trilogy. I would get Peter Jackson to direct The Legend of Zelda.

I've thought the same thing since I played the game in early 90's.I think it should be a live-action trilogy as well.Part I when Link is a boy,village gets destroyed & he starts to explore the nearby worlds,learns his first skillset.Part II Link is a teenager,meets Princess Zelda,hones his skills,meets adversaries.Part III would be adul Link culminating in the epic battle scene with archnemesis Ganon.If done right it could be the biggest blockbuster trilogy of all time.Imagine the locations,sets,costumes,props,battle scenes,etc.Mulling some script ideas over in my head.Hubby is in the film industry & something tells me to get on this.All I know is if done right,it will be a moneymaker & make Zelda fans around the world estatic.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2012 08:43 PM
Cocobunny is currently offline Click here to Send Cocobunny a Private Message Find more posts by Cocobunny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote