KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Why doesn't Sam lose some weight?

Why doesn't Sam lose some weight?
Started by: Violent2Dope

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 4 5 [6]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
chillmeistergen
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BlaxicanHydra
Ridiculous indeed. To even think that I would call in someone I don't even know for.. what reason again? Feel free why I would need "help" of any sort in a fake online debate. Please. You insult my intelligence.

And feel free to also prove that it matters to me at all. It obviously matters to you, as you refer to it as a "battle". Do you honestly think I care, or that we're even "debating"? We're not debating, this is a who has the bigger dick contest. Why? Because I believe that there is no such thing as a country being superior to another. You and your friend, however, seem to think so. And trust me don't make the assumption that I'm fighting a losing battle, because if I were actually fighting back and took this down to more personal level this little discussion would be over by now.

And any person with an IQ over 20 would realize that my comparing Indiana Jones to Tolkeins work was me being sarcastic, or is sarcasm and humor lost on the British? Or, more believable, is humor only funny if it's several paragraphs long, well written and descriptive so that there is no guess work or thinking involved?

Honestly, quit the "Holier then thou" attitude, it gets you no where. "

Obviously, you also need to learn a bit about British humour as well.

We're not arguing that one country is superior to the other, however, I myself, believe that you and your counter part have proved yourselves deeply ignorant. The only facts that have been given in this debate, that's right it is a debate, have been given by Exanda and, myself.

Please don't say humour's lost in the British, it's quite frankly; idiotic.

"All morons hate it when you call them a moron." - Holden Caulfield

Old Post Jul 9th, 2007 11:46 PM
chillmeistergen is currently offline Click here to Send chillmeistergen a Private Message Find more posts by chillmeistergen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Originally posted by BlaxicanHydra
Ridiculous indeed. To even think that I would call in someone I don't even know for.. what reason again? Feel free why I would need "help" of any sort in a fake online debate. Please. You insult my intelligence.

I assumed it, and rightly so. However, if that is not the case, I do apoligise for thinking that WO Polaski is your friend. With a signature credited to you. Jumping in on your side of the boat. With posts about as relevant as your own.

quote:
And feel free to also prove that it matters to me at all.

Why would I want to prove it. My dear little friend, this is a small discussion, turned into a little word fight simply because you and your yankee brethen could not take a joke, not even counting America's obesity problem.

quote:
It obviously matters to you, as you refer to it as a "battle"

Quite obviously a figure of speech. One must doubt your reading comprehension skills if one has nothing better to do. But then again, I do have better things to be doing.

quote:
Do you honestly think I care, or that we're even "debating"? We're not debating, this is a who has the bigger dick contest. Why? Because I believe that there is no such thing as a country being superior to another.

Quite true, quite true. As chillmeistergen quite intuitively said though, you and your counterpart have proven yourselves deeply ignorant.

quote:
And trust me don't make the assumption that I'm fighting a losing battle, because if I were actually fighting back and took this down to more personal level this little discussion would be over by now.

I'd press the advantage and say you have already lost, if I may be so bold, which I will be. Of course, you could obviously lower the tone, forget the facts and throw a few insults around, but to be so would be detrimental to adding inches onto your countries phallus. We can't be having that, can we?

quote:
And any person with an IQ over 20 would realize that my comparing Indiana Jones to Tolkeins work was me being sarcastic, or is sarcasm and humor lost on the British?

Actually, as our superior comedy talent shows, we are very much in tune with humour. This...

quote:
"Why put in detail when I can simply explain it in four words?
Indiana Jones kicks ass."

...Is not funny, clever nor in any way. If you were trying to write with soem kind of wry wit or a sarcastic vibe, you failed dearly. I'd also question whether you understood the concept.

quote:
Or, more believable, is humor only funny if it's several paragraphs long, well written and descriptive so that there is no guess work or thinking involved?

Well. If "Indiana Jones kicks ass" is your idea of an intriguing riddle requiring guess work, I guess we should just put up our white flag now, eh?

Old Post Jul 10th, 2007 12:35 PM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Violent2Dope
Restricted

Account Restricted

I can't believe you're all still debating this. On a few side notes, Blaxican Exanda said that Indiana Jones can't compare to Tolkien's work in the literature department, which is very true, and also, if Britain has superior comic talent, why is it that our country produced Richard Pryor, Jeff Foxworthy, and Rodney Dangerfield, all comic legends?

PYRON WOULD WIPE THE FLOOR WITH STORM LULZ!

Old Post Jul 12th, 2007 01:09 AM
Violent2Dope is currently offline Click here to Send Violent2Dope a Private Message Find more posts by Violent2Dope Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Originally posted by Violent2Dope
Richard Pryor, Jeff Foxworthy, and Rodney Dangerfield, all comic legends? [/B]

Who? Never heard of them.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2007 12:18 PM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Violent2Dope
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by exanda kane
Who? Never heard of them.
Wow, just wow.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2007 04:53 PM
Violent2Dope is currently offline Click here to Send Violent2Dope a Private Message Find more posts by Violent2Dope Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Richard Pryor, yes, others, no. But compared to Billy Connoly, John Cleese and Spike Milligan. Nothing.

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Jul 12th, 2007 04:59 PM
Violent2Dope
Restricted

Account Restricted

Richard Pryor, yes, others, no. But compared to Billy Connoly, John Cleese and Spike Milligan. Nothing.
I can't believe you have never heard of Rodney Dangerfield. He's a legend! Foxworthy I can understand, but you can't be a comedy fan and not know Dangerfield.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2007 06:01 PM
exanda kane

Considering the size of the USA, I'm not going to know half the comedians you do. Considering how insular the USA is, you aren't going to know the ones I do.

Comedy "shows" however, we have that firmly in the bag.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2007 06:49 PM
Violent2Dope
Restricted

Account Restricted

Considering the size of the USA, I'm not going to know half the comedians you do. Considering how insular the USA is, you aren't going to know the ones I do.

Comedy "shows" however, we have that firmly in the bag.
We have many different comedy shows, as for me I prefer old fashioned stand up. How could you know Richard Pryor and not Rodney Dangerfield?

Old Post Jul 13th, 2007 05:46 AM
exanda kane

Because Richard Pryor made it in the UK, whereas the other guy didn't.

That's like me saying how could you know Billy Connoly, but not Peter Cook, Dudley Moore, Alexi Sale and probably my favourite of them all, Mark Steel.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2007 11:01 AM
Kovacs86

Originally posted by Melcórë
"Britain" encompasses the whole of the United Kingdom, not just England.

No, we need one in here, to clean up the useless threads and stop the bickering.
Actually, the UK is The United Kingdom of Great Britain AND NorthernIreland. Britain is an island which encompasses England, Scotland and Wales, and is part of a United Kingdom with Northern Ireland. And... RULE BRITANNIA!

Thanks to Badwolf for the great sig!

Old Post Jul 13th, 2007 04:00 PM
Kovacs86 is currently offline Click here to Send Kovacs86 a Private Message Find more posts by Kovacs86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Leggy_n_Merry
There is always hope

I know it doesn't even matter, but I was reading your debate and it was making me laugh and someone said Britain emcompasses the whole of the United Kingdom.. well I just had to say that it doesn't because the United Kingdom includes Northern Ireland, England, Scotland and Wales and Great Britain only includes England, Scotland and Wales. I know some people may have a go at me saying it was pointless for me to say it but I thought you should know.

Anyway.. Sam isn't really that fat. It's not like he's obese. He looks fatter in some scenes than in others. Does he actually look like he loses weight when they're running out of food? 'Cause you think he would. I've never really noticed. Even if he did it might not have been intentional as obviously they were shooting for months and the scenes weren't filmed in the correct order.

Edit: Hahaha I didn't realise the person before me already wrote what I said. Sorry, I didn't get to the end of the thread 'cause I couldn't be bothered to read it all.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2007 09:40 PM
Leggy_n_Merry is currently offline Click here to Send Leggy_n_Merry a Private Message Find more posts by Leggy_n_Merry Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cap'n Happy

Isn't it remarkable how Britain has produced Middle Earth, Hogwarts, Gormenghast, James Bond, Alice and Pooh, and what has American produced in return?

I would going to say "the cuckoo clock," but for that you would require a three-way Google of Italy, Switzerland and Harry Lime.

I'm half British (my Mom's from Warington), and I lived there for three years. I love Britain. But you are showing your ass, mate. You are communicating with us via a contrivance of US invention- the Internet, using a computer that likely could have come from the US, employing software almost certainly of US design.

As for British fantasy literature? Impressive. As for America:
Superman, The Wizard of Oz, Indiana Jones, Huckleberry Finn, Star Wars and Bugs Bunny. We got game too.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2008 09:50 PM
Cap'n Happy is currently offline Click here to Send Cap'n Happy a Private Message Find more posts by Cap'n Happy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cap'n Happy

Oh, I almost forgot... why doesn't Sam lose some weight? He DID... in the movies. In the books, ALL the hobbits are fairly chubby- it's just who and how they are... and Sam is never said to be HUGE... just a little rolly poly. It makes him more of a regular guy, which make his eventually heroism all the more heroic.
And Britain was once the worlds greatest empire, and is STILL a great and important country.
But America IS currently (and for at least a few decades to come) the worlds most powerful nation... militarily, economically, culturally.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2008 10:02 PM
Cap'n Happy is currently offline Click here to Send Cap'n Happy a Private Message Find more posts by Cap'n Happy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
megaroguefan

laughing i dont want sam to lose some weight he looks ok

Old Post Oct 4th, 2008 08:43 AM
megaroguefan is currently offline Click here to Send megaroguefan a Private Message Find more posts by megaroguefan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Isn't it remarkable how Britain has produced Middle Earth, Hogwarts, Gormenghast, James Bond, Alice and Pooh, and what has American produced in return?

That's quite unfair, there is lots of valuable fiction that was produced in the US. And when we don't talk about fiction, but inventions in general, one might say the US owned the 20th century big time.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2008 10:20 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote