KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Transformers » Does anyone know the sizes of the Transformers?

Does anyone know the sizes of the Transformers?
Started by: charlemagne9746

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Scythe
So what would be Primus' size be?

Sorry, I thought you meant Optimus Prime's size...

Primus is Cybertron, Comics have Cybertron as 72,000 miles from pole to pole.

But the Toons can range in size from "A Small Asteroid" to "Pretty bloody huge" Although the smaller sizes are definitely more common.

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Old Post Aug 6th, 2007 11:44 PM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
Sorry, I thought you meant Optimus Prime's size...

Primus is Cybertron, Comics have Cybertron as 72,000 miles from pole to pole.

But the Toons can range in size from "A Small Asteroid" to "Pretty bloody huge" Although the smaller sizes are definitely more common.

So overall, who's bigger, Primus or Unicron?

Old Post Aug 8th, 2007 11:26 PM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

They are sometimes quoted at equal size, but generally Unicron is about half the size of Cybertron in there respective planet moes, so it's generally accepted that Unicron is the smaller of the two as far as I know.

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Old Post Aug 10th, 2007 12:31 PM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
They are sometimes quoted at equal size, but generally Unicron is about half the size of Cybertron in there respective planet moes, so it's generally accepted that Unicron is the smaller of the two as far as I know.

I see. Thanks.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2007 10:21 PM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CarlB

Re: Does anyone know the sizes of the Transformers?

Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
How tall is:

Optimus
Omega Supreme
Any Gestalt
Metroplex
Fortress Maximus.

I've spent quite a bit of time looking into this. Please note my answers are from the G1 UK comics, and partly from well-drawn parts of the cartoons (esp Transformers the Movie).

I got my answers from looking up answers in the letters page, looking at the Transformers Universe, reading the comics (once or twice heights are mentioned), the Annuals, and scaling off the TF Movie. Overall I spent a full week on this.....no insults please.

OK, here we go:

Small Transformers (Bumblebee, Rumble etc) seem to be around 8-9 feet tall. I'm pretty sure they'd beat the Terminator in a fight due to better technology etc, and they're a bit bigger as well.

Medium sized Transformers (Jazz, Ironhide etc) seem to be around the 20 foot mark.

Medium / Large robots (Starscream) seem to be about 30 feet tall.

Large Robots: (Optimus / Megatron / Shockwave / Soundwave / Dinobots in robot mode) seem to be about 35 feet tall. In the TF Universe Shockwave is described as maintaining equal size with his gun mode which is "over 35 feet long". So 35 feet seems right, especially when I compared with Devastator who's size is mentioned.

Giant Robots vary a lot:
Bruticus is one of the shortest, 50-55 feet.
Devastator is one of the tallest at "over 60 feet tall" (TF Universe) which by my measurement = 64 feet. Menasor/Defensor/Superion are probably in the high 50's.
Predaking is the largest (and strongest) of all the combining Transformers and his height is specifically mentioned in the comics as 80 feet.
By my measurement Omega Supreme is 95 feet tall. Contrary to the cartoon's depiction, Trypticon is about the same size, though shorter because of his design.
Metroplex's height is specifically mentioned at 697 feet.
Unicron is as big as a small planet, and he grows as he eats.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2014 04:28 PM
CarlB is currently offline Click here to Send CarlB a Private Message Find more posts by CarlB Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TXP101
Autobot Scientist

Trypticon is the same size as Omega Supreme?

Jeeze, this just destroys my childhood. (and to think that Trypticon could actually fight Metroplex/Scramble City)

sad

Old Post Oct 30th, 2014 11:47 PM
TXP101 is currently offline Click here to Send TXP101 a Private Message Find more posts by TXP101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TXP101
Autobot Scientist

I guess War for Cybertron got it right after all...

Old Post Oct 30th, 2014 11:47 PM
TXP101 is currently offline Click here to Send TXP101 a Private Message Find more posts by TXP101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kareen21
Restricted

Account Restricted

Optimus, the tall is same as trailer...

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2015 04:24 PM
kareen21 is currently offline Click here to Send kareen21 a Private Message Find more posts by kareen21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote