KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » Yo ho, James Norrington fans out there!

Yo ho, James Norrington fans out there!
Started by: ShadySpirit

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ShadySpirit

I like the significance of Jack's hat, but I think the design of Will's hat is pretty interesting. And James' hat certainly has that powerful, Commodore feel to it.

Okay, so the sword is back to its owner's hand...

But that just makes Will look even worse- taking the sword from the guy his father killed. We all know how much Norrington loves his sword!!

Old Post Jul 9th, 2007 04:38 PM
ShadySpirit is currently offline Click here to Send ShadySpirit a Private Message Find more posts by ShadySpirit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ibd4eva
Ivebeendepped 4 ever!

NORRINGTON JUST PLAIN RRRROOOXXX MY OVERSTRETCHED SOXXX!!!!

"Get that out of my face." "It's not in your face, it's in my hand." "Get what's in your hand out of my face." <3 set by yours truly

Old Post Jul 10th, 2007 06:49 PM
ibd4eva is currently offline Click here to Send ibd4eva a Private Message Find more posts by ibd4eva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Oomny
Promising Tomorrows

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ShadySpirit
Anyone feeling sad about James Norrington's death? I almost cried during that scene...

I was also very shocked. They had such a big scene of him getting back his sword and he dies after, what, just several minutes of screen time? That just makes me think the writers went, "Okay, we dunno what to do with Norrington anymore, so let's just kill him and make him a tragic hero even though his death is totally unnecessary". (hey, Elizabeth might not have died even if he didn't sacrifice himself)

Norrington should not have died. He doesn't deserve it! He's a great man...

Jack, Elizabeth and Will would ALL have been dead if it weren't for him!

Will would have died floating on the sea when he was child if Norrington didn't rescue him onto the ship; Jack would have been hanged as a pirate if Norrington hadn't allowed him to escape; and of course, Norrington died saving Elizabeth in the third movie.

So there! James Norrington is the true hero of all.

If you also feel that he shouldn't have died (at least not that way), go to www dot petitiononline dot com, and search for James Norrington.

There is a petition concerning James Norrington's return for POTC 4. SIGN IT.

His death agravated the hell out of me.....I mean after being such a major part of the whole franchise. he is killed by bootstrap in such a simple way. I mean his death could have been a tad more cinematic at least for someone who has changed his ways..or he could have joined the crew big grin the davy jones crew

Old Post Jul 10th, 2007 07:41 PM
Oomny is currently offline Click here to Send Oomny a Private Message Find more posts by Oomny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ibd4eva
Ivebeendepped 4 ever!

i know! he is just such an awesome character and they killed him off like another "supporting artist". he should've had a very heroic death. but i was praying that he would get to at least kiss Lizzie before he died, and he did.

"Get that out of my face." "It's not in your face, it's in my hand." "Get what's in your hand out of my face." <3 set by yours truly

Old Post Jul 10th, 2007 11:32 PM
ibd4eva is currently offline Click here to Send ibd4eva a Private Message Find more posts by ibd4eva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadySpirit

Yeah, I totally loved it that he got to kiss Elizabeth. But that he died without even a fight? I still can't get over it. He shouldn't have died, anyhow. *sniff*

Old Post Jul 11th, 2007 01:32 PM
ShadySpirit is currently offline Click here to Send ShadySpirit a Private Message Find more posts by ShadySpirit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
IheartPocky
Not a sausage..

Maybe he died without a fight cause he so good at it he wouldn't have died. smile

Old Post Jul 11th, 2007 03:42 PM
IheartPocky is currently offline Click here to Send IheartPocky a Private Message Find more posts by IheartPocky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ibd4eva
Ivebeendepped 4 ever!

WELL THEN DONT LET HIM DIE!

Old Post Jul 11th, 2007 06:30 PM
Oomny
Promising Tomorrows

Originally posted by IheartPocky
Maybe he died without a fight cause he so good at it he wouldn't have died. smile

or perhaps he died because the writer was sick and tired of him erm which I find metally and pysically impossible.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2007 10:00 AM
Oomny is currently offline Click here to Send Oomny a Private Message Find more posts by Oomny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ibd4eva
Ivebeendepped 4 ever!

SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP DONT WANNA HEAR IT

GET UP GET UP GET UP GET OUTTA MY WAY

STEP UP STEP UP STEP UP YOU'LL NEVER STOP ME

NOTHIN YOU SAY TODAY IS GONNA BRING ME DOWN!!!!!!!

sorry...listening to Simple Plan right now...

Old Post Jul 13th, 2007 12:53 AM
sparrowlady68

No smile

Old Post Jul 15th, 2007 04:41 AM
sparrowlady68 is currently offline Click here to Send sparrowlady68 a Private Message Find more posts by sparrowlady68 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
!!tangerines!!

no what??

This space is no longer blank.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2007 04:45 AM
!!tangerines!! is currently offline Click here to Send !!tangerines!! a Private Message Find more posts by !!tangerines!! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadySpirit

Originally posted by ~LunaLoveG~
or perhaps he died because the writer was sick and tired of him erm which I find metally and pysically impossible.

Or perhaps the writers just didn't know how to continue the plot with him, because if Norrington fought on the Navy's side the Navy would've won and if Norrington fought on the pirates side Elizabeth would have been... distracted... Or the writers just felt like killing someone so Governor Swann had company.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2007 09:27 AM
PsychoFreeak

wah? whos dead?

Old Post Jul 16th, 2007 09:35 AM
PsychoFreeak is currently offline Click here to Send PsychoFreeak a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoFreeak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadySpirit

Hey, I made a youtube vid for this! Check it out! Comments and ratings are welcomed.

http: //www . youtube . com /watch?v=7xzjK1okYeU

(take out the spaces)

Old Post Aug 1st, 2007 10:24 AM
ibd4eva
Ivebeendepped 4 ever!

why did u put in spaces??

Old Post Aug 5th, 2007 12:01 AM
!!tangerines!!

yea whats with the spaces?

Old Post Aug 5th, 2007 04:04 AM
!!tangerines!! is currently offline Click here to Send !!tangerines!! a Private Message Find more posts by !!tangerines!! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadySpirit

The board didn't let me post the link directly.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2007 06:18 AM
!!tangerines!!

huh. odd

Old Post Aug 26th, 2007 06:23 AM
ibd4eva
Ivebeendepped 4 ever!

that sux

Old Post Aug 28th, 2007 11:39 PM
ShadySpirit

Well, it doesn't matter much. You can get to the vid all the same.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2007 06:17 PM