KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Transformers » What form should they use for live action Soundwave/Blaster?

What form should they use for live action Soundwave/Blaster?
Started by: illadelph12

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

What form should they use for live action Soundwave/Blaster?

I read an article that Soundwave was originally written into the script but due to Michael Bay wanting to keep the scale and physics as realistic as possible he opted to not have Soundwave's character in the first film, instead having Frenzy, Soundwave's tape bot, in the film as a CD boombox. This thread is to brainstorm ideas of what would be an acceptable alternate form for both Soundwave and Blaster to take in order for them to appear in the future films (if Bay doesn't allow for cartoon/comic physics to be used in the live action adaptation and have a tapedeck become 30 feet tall).

If you could pick a form for Soundwave or Blaster in the next film, what would it be?

Also for the triple changers (Astrotrain, likely an essential character, and Blitzwing, the Tank/Jet).

PSN: Illadelph12Prime, Haksaw_Jim_Thugn - Tumblr: Mighty-Illactus
>Z<

Old Post Jul 5th, 2007 10:25 PM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xNIXSONx
PSN: IAMTHECAVALRY

one of the things that really added fuel to the fire of bay-haters was that they were gonna make Soundwave a Helicopter or something.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2007 11:01 PM
xNIXSONx is currently offline Click here to Send xNIXSONx a Private Message Find more posts by xNIXSONx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

A guitar no expression

Seriously though, an acceptable form for Soundwave would be some sort of military vehicle (as the Decepticons usually choose) that emits a high-frequency pitch or something that shatters glass or whatnot. Or a soundwave that is concussive.

Last edited by Strangelove on Jul 5th, 2007 at 11:14 PM

Old Post Jul 5th, 2007 11:11 PM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

A giant canon

Old Post Jul 5th, 2007 11:48 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
(>^^)>
is it there yet?

they'll probally have mass shifting he just didn't want it to be in first one

Lilypop Shots on XBOX
Lilipopshots on insragram

Old Post Jul 5th, 2007 11:50 PM
(>^^)> is currently offline Click here to Send (>^^)> a Private Message Find more posts by (>^^)> Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Soundwave will be more received than Blaster, since he is a very recognizable Decepticon.

I imagine he could be made into a mobile dish/cannon, also to include his mini-bots like Laserbeak, Rumble, and Ravage.

Frenzy was cool in the movie, but his true master is Soundwave, not Barricade.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jul 6th, 2007 01:58 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

I was thinking some kind of communications vehicle myself. Like maybe a news van or a military comm unit with a dish.

PSN: Illadelph12Prime, Haksaw_Jim_Thugn - Tumblr: Mighty-Illactus
>Z<

Old Post Jul 6th, 2007 02:47 AM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xNIXSONx

he'd be a ****in decked out News broadcast Van if that at all lol

Old Post Jul 6th, 2007 03:03 AM
xNIXSONx is currently offline Click here to Send xNIXSONx a Private Message Find more posts by xNIXSONx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

quote: (post)
Originally posted by illadelph12
I was thinking some kind of communications vehicle myself. Like maybe a news van or a military comm unit with a dish.
Yeah that was what I was thinking sense he was primarily a communications/tech/recon guy. A mobile kind of tech lab vehicle would be good.

But if Soundwave is in then the other tape bots have to come in. What I would like to see is them being kind of add ons. Like a Labtop(Ravage), Video Camera (Laserbeak), another CD Player(Rumble)

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jul 6th, 2007 03:29 AM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
(>^^)>
is it there yet?

they should just leave him as beeing a boombox

Lilypop Shots on XBOX
Lilipopshots on insragram

Old Post Jul 6th, 2007 03:46 AM
(>^^)> is currently offline Click here to Send (>^^)> a Private Message Find more posts by (>^^)> Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Originally posted by The big EH
they should just leave him as beeing a boombox

Negative.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jul 6th, 2007 05:13 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stickman618

astrotrain could be a space shuttle/bullet train

the cement mixer constructicon should be a cement mixer truck, so he can move.

Hot Rod should be a customized street racer, with the signature flames

Old Post Jul 12th, 2007 12:57 PM
stickman618 is currently offline Click here to Send stickman618 a Private Message Find more posts by stickman618 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Soundwave should be a space satellite that beams it's cassette minions to earth in order for them to aid the Decepticons.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2007 09:08 PM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Losty
Renegade of funk

I know a way they could EASYLY make him a massvive boob box and make it make sense

but im not telling ahaha

myspace.com/lostymc

Old Post Jul 14th, 2007 11:35 AM
Losty is currently offline Click here to Send Losty a Private Message Find more posts by Losty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Originally posted by Scythe
Soundwave should be a space satellite that beams it's cassette minions to earth in order for them to aid the Decepticons.

Man, I didn't realize at first how cool my idea was. Laser sharp-shooting from space. Awesome.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2007 10:23 PM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xNIXSONx

why not just make Soundwave a helicopter like the originally intended? or something else that wouldnt do his character any justice? jks

Old Post Jul 14th, 2007 11:26 PM
Scythe
The Goat

Satellite!

Old Post Jul 15th, 2007 02:53 AM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by Scythe
Satellite!
A satellite isn't a bad idea at all. But it seems to me that would fit Shockwave better.

I still like the idea of a mobile communications lab or something where he can have a number of high tech gadgets for the Tapes.

Maybe a New Van. Would fit him I guess.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jul 15th, 2007 11:54 AM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xNIXSONx

Originally posted by Newjak
A satellite isn't a bad idea at all. But it seems to me that would fit Shockwave better.

I still like the idea of a mobile communications lab or something where he can have a number of high tech gadgets for the Tapes.

Maybe a New Van. Would fit him I guess.

lol modified Dodge Durango Communications Van stick out tongue

Old Post Jul 15th, 2007 05:28 PM
roughrider
Thunderer

One of those stealth survellaince fighters. Or, how about he splits into 5 different smaller forms who transform - and call them ravage, buzzsaw, laserbeak, rumble, and either slugfest or overkill - and they gather information; they they all combine together to make soundwave. It would be a homage to how he kept them all inside his chest before, like they were one unit.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jul 15th, 2007 05:34 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote