KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Transformers » What form should they use for live action Soundwave/Blaster?

What form should they use for live action Soundwave/Blaster?
Started by: illadelph12

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
roughrider
Thunderer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by xNIXSONx
yeah but the other fans wouldnt be happy unless Soundwave is Soundwave and that is a tape deck/boombox, afterall, their complaints, and death threats to michael bay are we got Optimus Prime to look more similar to his g1 look, early concept design of Optimus looks NOTHING like optimus at all.

But people still use & drive trucks in society. No one uses a portable tape player anymore, and they don't use cassettes. Soundwave and Blaster will have to be changed and updated to fit in.
The changes they made to Optimus were minor - they were trying to honour his G1 look as much as possible early on. I've seen the before & after head shots of him & Megatron; minor adjustments, after listening to the fans opinion.
And Soundwave shouldn't talk with that broken sentence structure anyway; it's not logical. He never talked that way in the comics. Just as Grimlock shouldn't sound like an idiot talking in the third person, or Seaspray the hydrofoil talking like he was gargling water.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2007 03:08 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
I was thinking today how obvious a solution it would have been to use some of the Alternators, but I guess they still look too human-esque.

-AC

I hear you, but would that really bother they people who gave Prime humanoid lips...?
Every TF minus Skorponok was bi-pedal and had two arms too. (And even then, the toy version has a bi-pedal robot mode.
And the heads (except form Bonecrusher) were where our heads are too.

I think a good compromise would have been to have the alternator type body designs, but, with the slightly more "alienesque" looking faces/heads even.
Perhaps more surface rendering on robot mode maybe...( Like the MP figures)

They could've done that well.

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on Aug 3rd, 2007 at 11:13 AM

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2007 11:07 AM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Not an IPod, that WOULD suck.

Indeed, how much you wanna bet people will still eat it up?

Old Post Aug 4th, 2007 02:16 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

laughing out loud True.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2007 10:54 AM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Losty
Renegade of funk

Ok
Im just gonna say it

As soundwave beams down to earth there is a audio expo on, there making tributes to all the forms of audio there, ie vinyl, a-track, cd and yes cassette, one of the displays is a giant boom box with giant cassettes as props for the display, they have electronic working parts in them for lights ect, sound wav scans it and rumble, laser beak, rat bat and any other robots are all made of this, then a larger decpticon who also arrives with them, transports them around

Copyright 2007

myspace.com/lostymc

Old Post Aug 6th, 2007 01:56 PM
Losty is currently offline Click here to Send Losty a Private Message Find more posts by Losty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

I like your thinking.

Maybe he could overcome the 'not blending in due to oversizedness in that mode' thing by attaching himself to the book arm of the Statue of Liberty.

Shes kinda lonely out there and could probably use being livened up with some tunes to keep her company when Soundwave isn't busy squashing visiting tourists into pink slime. big grin

Old Post Aug 6th, 2007 03:30 PM
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

I like your thinking.

Maybe he could overcome the 'not blending in due to oversizedness in that mode' thing by attaching himself to the book arm of the Statue of Liberty.

Shes kinda lonely out there and could probably use being livened up with some tunes to keep her company when Soundwave isn't busy squashing visiting tourists into pink slime. big grin

*Two minutes after Soundwave attaches himself*

Sightseer: There's a big ****ing tape deck stuck to the Statue of Liberty!

Old Post Aug 6th, 2007 09:55 PM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

lol

Exactamundo

Those'd be some memorable last words. laughing out loud

Old Post Aug 6th, 2007 09:56 PM
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by Losty
Ok
Im just gonna say it

As soundwave beams down to earth there is a audio expo on, there making tributes to all the forms of audio there, ie vinyl, a-track, cd and yes cassette, one of the displays is a giant boom box with giant cassettes as props for the display, they have electronic working parts in them for lights ect, sound wav scans it and rumble, laser beak, rat bat and any other robots are all made of this, then a larger decpticon who also arrives with them, transports them around

Copyright 2007

And then he reports to Megatron, who says: "You fool! Who told you to turn into a piece of old, useless earth technology?! What use to me are you like that?? And you're only four feet tall as a robot! (slaps Soundwave down) Look at Ravage! Laserbeak! Buzzsaw! They're only a foot tall each! That size morphing trick was empty hype, have you forgotten??? (kicks him away) Report back to me when you've chosen a decent disguise! big grin

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Aug 6th, 2007 11:27 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Hahaha, he could turn out being a pager. Hooray for the 1990's!

Old Post Aug 7th, 2007 04:40 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Losty
Renegade of funk

Originally posted by roughrider
And then he reports to Megatron, who says: "You fool! Who told you to turn into a piece of old, useless earth technology?! What use to me are you like that?? And you're only four feet tall as a robot! (slaps Soundwave down) Look at Ravage! Laserbeak! Buzzsaw! They're only a foot tall each! That size morphing trick was empty hype, have you forgotten??? (kicks him away) Report back to me when you've chosen a decent disguise! big grin

hahaha laughing out loud

myspace.com/lostymc

Old Post Aug 7th, 2007 11:53 AM
Losty is currently offline Click here to Send Losty a Private Message Find more posts by Losty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

"Although the initial risks were high, Soundwave now felt pleased with his decision to adopt an alt mode of a roll of toiletpaper.........."

Old Post Aug 7th, 2007 11:57 AM
Scythe
The Goat

Soundwave could still be a tapedeck, someone who refuses to let go of the 1980's has been using him to start their failed solo career.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2007 11:32 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

*Cue Michael Jackson's doing the soundtrack to TF2* stick out tongue

Old Post Aug 9th, 2007 03:22 AM
Scythe
The Goat

For that matter Soundwave should be the lit up tiles Jackson uses to light where the f*ck he's going.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2007 03:35 AM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

:rofl:

Epecially for touring those dark backwater countries with virtually non-existant child-sex laws that he has hung in over the last couple of years. sad

Apparently Jackson approached George Lucas in the early nineties and asked him to make a film/ride where he transforms into a car so the little boys could ride inside him. messed

Lucas, sensibly, declined.

Creepy Jackson/TF-ish trivia for you, there.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2007 03:42 AM
Scythe
The Goat

:rofl:

Epecially for touring those dark backwater countries with virtually non-existant child-sex laws that he has hung in over the last couple of years. sad

Apparently Jackson approached George Lucas in the early nineties and asked him to make a film/ride where he transforms into a car so the little boys could ride inside him. messed

Lucas, sensibly, declined.

Creepy Jackson/TF-ish trivia for you, there.

Thanks, I can die happy now. Hahaha, what a weirdo Jackson has become. I mean seriously. Anyhoo, back on topic.

Did any of you guys read that early mock-script that introduced Soundwave as a mechanical bat?

Old Post Aug 9th, 2007 03:49 AM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Ahhhhhh they were thinking of going the Ratbat way, huh...?
Nah I didnt see that.

The first reports I heard on Soundwave's alt mode had him down as a helicopter that was featured in early animatic prelims..

I missed the Batscript.

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on Aug 9th, 2007 at 04:15 AM

Old Post Aug 9th, 2007 04:13 AM
Scythe
The Goat

Ahhhhhh they were thinking of going the Ratbat way, huh...?
Nah I didnt see that.

The first reports I heard on Soundwave's alt mode had him down as a helicopter that was featured in early animatic prelims..

I missed the Batscript.

Yeah, he was apparently slated as his Bat-tape that was looking for a host. My say probably Megatron or something. But all that was just professional lookin' fan-fic. Still got a good laugh out of it though.

Last edited by Scythe on Aug 9th, 2007 at 04:30 AM

Old Post Aug 9th, 2007 04:19 AM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

smile

Old Post Aug 9th, 2007 04:28 AM