KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Transformers » The OTF Transformers Thread.

The OTF Transformers Thread.
Started by: =Tired Hiker=

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
RogerRamjet
Playground Superstar

quote: (post)
Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
It's the only Summer blockbuster that has lived up to it's hype, in my opinion.

you think Spider-Man 3 didn't?

Sig by Scy!

Old Post Jul 7th, 2007 01:46 AM
RogerRamjet is currently offline Click here to Send RogerRamjet a Private Message Find more posts by RogerRamjet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by RogerRamjet
A lot of people didn't. I actually enjoyed it though.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post Jul 7th, 2007 01:48 AM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RogerRamjet
Playground Superstar

Originally posted by InnerRise
A lot of people didn't. I actually enjoyed it though.

maybe because it really wasn't nothing new...just the usual (great!) stuff...i also liked SM3, i take it that Transformers is a whole new idea then...

Sig by Scy!

Old Post Jul 7th, 2007 01:56 AM
RogerRamjet is currently offline Click here to Send RogerRamjet a Private Message Find more posts by RogerRamjet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

maybe because it really wasn't nothing new...just the usual (great!) stuff...i also liked SM3, i take it that Transformers is a whole new idea then...
Well it's the first one. Just wait til the 3rd one. It seems the 3rd Sequel just doesn't ever get it right anymore.

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post Jul 7th, 2007 02:13 AM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

Hell no.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2007 02:24 AM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RogerRamjet
Playground Superstar

Hell no.

what did you miss?

Sig by Scy!

Old Post Jul 7th, 2007 02:30 AM
Vinny Valentine
Vinny Valentine

Spiderman 3 was ****ing terrible in almost ever aspect.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2007 02:31 AM
Vinny Valentine is currently offline Click here to Send Vinny Valentine a Private Message Find more posts by Vinny Valentine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

what did you miss?

The nine dollars I paid to see it. Notice I don't have any Spider-Man movie pics in my avi or sig. I'm not all that fond of the movies. Spider-Man 2 was pretty good, but none of the movies lived up to my expectations. I thought the effects were way lame for the most part and all the characters were totally mis cast.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2007 02:32 AM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RogerRamjet
Playground Superstar

The nine dollars I paid to see it.

what's that in Euros? i paid like 5,50 € confused

Sig by Scy!

Old Post Jul 7th, 2007 02:34 AM
RogerRamjet
Playground Superstar

The nine dollars I paid to see it. Notice I don't have any Spider-Man movie pics in my avi or sig. I'm not all that fond of the movies. Spider-Man 2 was pretty good, but none of the movies lived up to my expectations. I thought the effects were way lame for the most part and all the characters were totally mis cast.

well i could agree on the comedy being a tad arkward and somehow missed the overall tone of the movies..especially in the 3rd with the dancing performance..but that's Sam Raimi..his humor is a bit..weird...

Sig by Scy!

Old Post Jul 7th, 2007 02:36 AM
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

what's that in Euros? i paid like 5,50 € confused

$9.00 USD = 6.60456 EUR Actually, since I saw the matinee I think I only spent about six dollars. erm

Old Post Jul 7th, 2007 02:37 AM
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

well i could agree on the comedy being a tad arkward and somehow missed the overall tone of the movies..especially in the 3rd with the dancing performance..but that's Sam Raimi..his humor is a bit..weird...

I totally love Sam Raimi, Army of Darkness is like . . . I just think they should have had someone else direct it. I think the movies are way too cluttered with too many plot lines, too much going on. I thought Topher Grace would have made a way better Peter Parker than Tobey McGuire as well.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2007 02:41 AM
RogerRamjet
Playground Superstar

I totally love Sam Raimi, Army of Darkness is like . . . I just think they should have had someone else direct it. I think the movies are way too cluttered with too many plot lines, too much going on. I thought Topher Grace would have made a way better Peter Parker than Tobey McGuire as well.

i'm a fan of the Evil Dead series myself..but i can't imagine any other directing it, i mean you gotta find a director who's willing to work himself through a two and half hour movie of which 70% are special effect scenes, and i know only one other director crazy enough to do that and that's Terry Gilliam...but he's considered non-commerical therefore not the 1st choice of a major studio like Columbia..
Topher Grace could've been a great Peter Parker but then again..he's "only" a tv-star..and the studio wants a well known face, so from a studios p.o.w. the movie makes perfect sense...

Sig by Scy!

Old Post Jul 7th, 2007 02:57 AM
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

i'm a fan of the Evil Dead series myself..but i can't imagine any other directing it, i mean you gotta find a director who's willing to work himself through a two and half hour movie of which 70% are special effect scenes, and i know only one other director crazy enough to do that and that's Terry Gilliam...but he's considered non-commerical therefore not the 1st choice of a major studio like Columbia..
Topher Grace could've been a great Peter Parker but then again..he's "only" a tv-star..and the studio wants a well known face, so from a studios p.o.w. the movie makes perfect sense...

Yeah, I think it would have been better to have less known actors play the major roles, except for the bad guys. I would have liked a more rudimentary feel to the movies than the polished studio films they are. Don't get me wrong, I do like them, I was just a huge fan of the comics back in the day, and I had envisioned the movies to be different.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2007 03:02 AM
RogerRamjet
Playground Superstar

Yeah, I think it would have been better to have less known actors play the major roles, except for the bad guys. I would have liked a more rudimentary feel to the movies than the polished studio films they are. Don't get me wrong, I do like them, I was just a huge fan of the comics back in the day, and I had envisioned the movies to be different.

i totally understand what you mean..you see..i've collected them Spideys myself all three series big grin...and do you remember back in 1990 when they announced that James Cameron was scheduled to do the Spider-Man movie and how the project was cast aside year after year..up until Marvel filed for bankruptcy on the christmas holidays in '96?
back then i thought they'll never gonna do a Spidey movie now...but the company recuperated, sales went up again and a spiderman movie wasn't that far fetched anymore...what i'm trying to say is that i've been waiting 12 years for the first SM movie to get made, and when i watched it, it all felt right...and that all the waiting had paid-off...i think i can live with the result...as long as it doesn't evolve into Batman & Robin..

Sig by Scy!

Old Post Jul 7th, 2007 03:18 AM
BlackSunshine
Do what you want to do

I went and saw it the other night with my b/f and some friends of ours. It was the best movie I've seen in years. I want to go see it a second time! yes

Old Post Jul 7th, 2007 03:58 AM
BlackSunshine is currently offline Click here to Send BlackSunshine a Private Message Find more posts by BlackSunshine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ThorinWoofer
Static Stance

I saw Transformers in the IMAX.

Please Respond To My PM Barker

Old Post Jul 7th, 2007 04:59 AM
ThorinWoofer is currently offline Click here to Send ThorinWoofer a Private Message Find more posts by ThorinWoofer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naz
Super Senior Member

I don't even want to see Transformers.

No one hurt me ninja

Old Post Jul 7th, 2007 05:13 AM
Naz is currently offline Click here to Send Naz a Private Message Find more posts by Naz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Bacon
Who?

Originally posted by Naz

No one hurt me ninja

high five!

Old Post Jul 7th, 2007 05:14 AM
Mr. Bacon is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Bacon a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Bacon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ThorinWoofer
Static Stance

Originally posted by Naz

No one hurt me ninja

Please Respond To My PM Barker

Old Post Jul 7th, 2007 05:15 AM
ThorinWoofer is currently offline Click here to Send ThorinWoofer a Private Message Find more posts by ThorinWoofer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote