KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Transformers » The Bigbots!

The Bigbots!
Started by: draxx_tOfU

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
draxx_tOfU
Gundam Meister

The Bigbots!

Growing up watching the toon, one of the holy sh*t! moments for me was seeing the Constructicons merge into Devastator for the first time...

This thread is dedicated to the "bigbots" which include the Gestalts or the Combiners, the Gestalt-sized robots, and the city/base-sized robots...

Which side is stronger if both sides were to battle?

What would the result look like if The Dinobots were capable of merging?

barring Unicron, we have...

DECEPTICONS: Devastator, Menasor, Brutacus, Predaking, Abominus, Trypticon, Scorponok, and Piranacon (King Poseidon? Japanese)...

AUTOBOTS: Superion, Defensor, Computron, Omega-Supreme, Sky-Lynx, Metroplex, and Fortress Maximus...

These are the only ones I'm familiar with as I only watched the US cartoon. I added Piranacon because he looked, well, awesome in the box art... big grin

Also, any additions to the list would be most welcome... smile

Last edited by draxx_tOfU on Jul 7th, 2007 at 02:50 AM

Old Post Jul 7th, 2007 02:46 AM
draxx_tOfU is currently offline Click here to Send draxx_tOfU a Private Message Find more posts by draxx_tOfU Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Each Dinobot was themselves capable of hurting Devastator merge them that would be crazy firepower.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jul 7th, 2007 12:35 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
draxx_tOfU
Gundam Meister

In the movie, it was only Slag who managed to hurt/affect Devastator, but I agree with you...

Barring the city-sized 'bots though, Omega Supreme...now that's firepower...

smokin'

Old Post Jul 9th, 2007 03:22 AM
draxx_tOfU is currently offline Click here to Send draxx_tOfU a Private Message Find more posts by draxx_tOfU Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tattoos N Scars
Modern Day Drifter

I wonder why the cartoon never paid much attention to size scale. For instance, Astro Train is much smaller than Devastator in robot form. However, when AT transforms into space shuttle mode....Devastator and many more Decepticons can fit inside. Where does the extra metal come from?

In some episodes, humans barely stand above Optimus Prime's toes...however, in other episodes...they are almost knee high..lol

And how would Galvatron fit inside Unicron's fingers in the movie. Galvatron was about as big as Unicron's eye...when in reality....he should be much smaller than a grain of sand compared to Unicron.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2007 02:17 AM
Tattoos N Scars is currently offline Click here to Send Tattoos N Scars a Private Message Find more posts by Tattoos N Scars Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General_Iroh
White Guy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by charlemagne9746
I wonder why the cartoon never paid much attention to size scale. For instance, Astro Train is much smaller than Devastator in robot form. However, when AT transforms into space shuttle mode....Devastator and many more Decepticons can fit inside. Where does the extra metal come from?

In some episodes, humans barely stand above Optimus Prime's toes...however, in other episodes...they are almost knee high..lol

And how would Galvatron fit inside Unicron's fingers in the movie. Galvatron was about as big as Unicron's eye...when in reality....he should be much smaller than a grain of sand compared to Unicron.

None of that stuff mattered back then man, I mean you look at todays cartoons you'd be slaughtered, stuffed and shipped to your local deli mart, for the mistakes G1 made. But back no one gave a damn, it was just some big ass kickass robots.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2007 03:09 AM
General_Iroh is currently offline Click here to Send General_Iroh a Private Message Find more posts by General_Iroh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

What was the name of the Dinobots' final put together form?

Old Post Jul 10th, 2007 04:04 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
draxx_tOfU
Gundam Meister

Originally posted by Menetnashté
None of that stuff mattered back then man, I mean you look at todays cartoons you'd be slaughtered, stuffed and shipped to your local deli mart, for the mistakes G1 made. But back no one gave a damn, it was just some big ass kickass robots.

exactly!

Old Post Jul 10th, 2007 07:56 AM
draxx_tOfU
Gundam Meister

Originally posted by Scythe

i'm not sure what you mean Scythe, since the Dinobots don't/can't merge...

embarrasment

Old Post Jul 10th, 2007 07:58 AM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

They never actually merged. We were just wondering what it would be like if they merged.

And Devastator on Steroids pops to mind.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jul 10th, 2007 01:30 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
draxx_tOfU
Gundam Meister

Originally posted by Newjak
They never actually merged. We were just wondering what it would be like if they merged.

I'd imagine they'd have Swoop's wings at the back kinda like the way Predaking has wings, and holding a huge energon sword...

yeah i know... geek

Old Post Jul 10th, 2007 02:10 PM
Power Cosmic II
BigG > Mad Celestial Host

Originally posted by Newjak

From wikipedia:

quote:
In a comic story found in the Transformers DVD boxset for season 2, a special comic was donated by Darren Jamieson and Dylan Gibson that explored what happened when the Dinobots combined. Unleashed as a last ditch effort by Grimlock to stop an Autobot massacre, "The Beast" was a huge mindless combiner that destroyed warriors on both sides.

"It is unwise to battle the Power Cosmic." - Silver Surfer

Old Post Jul 12th, 2007 12:38 PM
Power Cosmic II is currently offline Click here to Send Power Cosmic II a Private Message Find more posts by Power Cosmic II Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by Tenebrous
From wikipedia:
Seems about right

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jul 12th, 2007 01:59 PM
Scythe
The Goat

Exactly, I knew I remembered the Dinobots merging together. Is that all they were called? "The Beast"?

Old Post Jul 15th, 2007 03:14 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Facee
Lord of Pretty

Old Post Jul 15th, 2007 03:25 AM
Facee is currently offline Click here to Send Facee a Private Message Find more posts by Facee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Originally posted by Faceman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqFjHVM5aR8

What's that? My computer won't play youtube vids.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2007 03:39 AM
Facee
Lord of Pretty

What's that? My computer won't play youtube vids.

Cartoon fight, between Devastator, Brutacus, and Menasor...

Old Post Jul 15th, 2007 03:44 AM
Facee is currently offline Click here to Send Facee a Private Message Find more posts by Facee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Originally posted by Faceman
Cartoon fight, between Devastator, Brutacus, and Menasor...

Ah, nice.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2007 05:12 AM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Yup I have that minicomic (both parts).

They do merge it it, but in the same kind of way that Venom merges with whatever human in the spidey 3 film... Looks like a organic, messy mergance. Cables rip out of Grimlock's chest and pull the dinobots in.
Grimlock is in Robot mode (with dino neck though), the others are all in dino mode.

Slag is the right arm. (Holds a massive sword.)

Snarl is the right leg, Sludge is the left.

Swoops wings are on Grimlock's back, and his body is the left arm.

Looks cool though and it was extremely powerful.

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on Aug 2nd, 2007 at 12:50 PM

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2007 12:39 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Yup I have that minicomic (both parts).

They do merge it it, but in the same kind of way that Venom merges with whatever human in the spidey 3 film... Looks like a organic, messy mergance. Cables rip out of Grimlock's chest and pull the dinobots in.
Grimlock is in Robot mode (with dino neck though), the others are all in dino mode.

Slag is the right arm. (Holds a massive sword.)

Snarl is the right leg, Sludge is the left.

Swoops wings are on Grimlock's back, and his body is the left arm.

Looks cool though and it was extremely powerful.

It's been awhile since I've seen that, can you get a pic of him on here?

Old Post Aug 8th, 2007 11:24 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Yep. I'll take a pic and upload it. smile

Seeing what the Beast does to the decep gestalts is pure ultraviolent comedy.

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Aug 18th, 2007 07:13 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote