KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Transformers » Your FAVE scene in the TRANSFORMERS movie (spoilers)

Your FAVE scene in the TRANSFORMERS movie (spoilers)
Started by: xNIXSONx

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 7 8 [9]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Scythe
The Goat

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dadudemon
That's what a real fight was like. If they were not fully sentient beings, you would expect a fight more like chess than a real sporadic/random fight. If you have seen a real fight and not that choreographed jackie chan stuff, you would know that the "big boys" fight at the end was very realistic.

Because their fight was like that, it added to the validity of their being truly sentient/unique.

I brought up the same idea to some of my friends. I thought it was really realistic as well.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2008 03:45 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lady Ellie

Originally posted by dadudemon
That's what a real fight was like. If they were not fully sentient beings, you would expect a fight more like chess than a real sporadic/random fight. If you have seen a real fight and not that choreographed jackie chan stuff, you would know that the "big boys" fight at the end was very realistic.

Because their fight was like that, it added to the validity of their being truly sentient/unique.

Donīt get me wrong. The scene WAS great and without a doubt VERY realistic, no doubt about that wink .

I just meant that I wasnīt really happy about the way it has been displayed. I mean, compared to other action scenes in the movie, this last one just seemed a bit too fast. And sometimes the camera zoomed in too much, it was hard to figure out whatīs actually happening.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2008 01:33 PM
Lady Ellie is currently offline Click here to Send Lady Ellie a Private Message Find more posts by Lady Ellie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Yup. Too much stuff happens off/half-off camera and out of focus.

Just saving a few quid in rendering TFs on screen, leaving more cash for the warp party wraps (sniff sniff wink no doubt.
More drugs for the guys who okayed Bay for this...

Dunno... Maybe Speilberg was cunningly self-referencing Jurassic Park where they are all expecting to see the dinosaurs, but they are jerked around for ages with no Dinosaurs appearing on the tour til it all goes pear-shaped.

stick out tongue

When I watch Sugar Ray Leonard battle Marvin Haggler, I want to see all the action. Not just random close ups of Leonard's glove or a lingering shot of the corner of the ring, where occasionally the boxers wander into the shot.

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Mar 7th, 2008 06:49 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Yup. Too much stuff happens off/half-off camera and out of focus.

Just saving a few quid in rendering TFs on screen, leaving more cash for the warp party wraps (sniff sniff wink no doubt.
More drugs for the guys who okayed Bay for this...

Dunno... Maybe Speilberg was cunningly self-referencing Jurassic Park where they are all expecting to see the dinosaurs, but they are jerked around for ages with no Dinosaurs appearing on the tour til it all goes pear-shaped.

stick out tongue

When I watch Sugar Ray Leonard battle Marvin Haggler, I want to see all the action. Not just random close ups of Leonard's glove or a lingering shot of the corner of the ring, where occasionally the boxers wander into the shot.
Hagler really won their last fight, Sugar ray got the win only for popularity reasons. off topic, I know. stick out tongue

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2008 08:39 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Nah... all Haglar did was walk forward (while being beaten and outclassed) in the one fight that they had.

Boxing also is about not getting caught and Sugar Ray was exploding on Haglar and defending better on the night.

But f***ed if I'd let Michael Bay film a rematch...... stick out tongue

Old Post Mar 10th, 2008 07:47 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

watch the fight closer. Hagler was on the attack all night, landing better and more combos, its only that Sugar Ray LOOKED better doing it. Sugar Ray would explode for a minute or so, then go on defense while Hagler poured it on. most of those punches Sugar ray was "defending" were follow up punches to the initial ones that Hagler was landing.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2008 10:24 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Ok, you sure you're not thinking of one of the imagined 'other bouts' they 'had' that you mentioned..?

Yes. Thats right about the defense.

Good defense counts for a lot in boxing. (Less so in the states, true) and If Haglar was landing better -cleanly- all night, he'd have knocked Leonard (as he said was his aim) eventually. But he couldn't cause of Leonard's defense/offenses.
The man was able to frustrate Haglar all night, hit the man, mug him off and steal the fight. End of story.

The bull shouldn't cry when the matadore outsmarts him and wins.

And cry about it, Haglar did.

If all that qualified for a win was "coming forward all the time" then Ali lost all three fights to Frazier, by that logic.

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on Mar 17th, 2008 at 12:56 PM

Old Post Mar 17th, 2008 12:47 PM
SMIFF-N-WESSON

My best scene was the ending credits so I know who to blame for the atrocity.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2008 04:07 AM
SMIFF-N-WESSON is currently offline Click here to Send SMIFF-N-WESSON a Private Message Find more posts by SMIFF-N-WESSON Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

lolz laughing out loud

Old Post Mar 31st, 2008 09:02 AM
Scythe
The Goat

Come to think of it, the more I watch the film, the more I like the ending where Starscream flies into space, sweet.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2008 08:50 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

But does that particular 3 secs of footage justify the mental pants-horror that was the rest of the ending...? Not for me.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2008 12:14 PM
Scythe
The Goat

It left it open for so many possibilities, haha. enjoyable, mhmm!

Old Post Apr 15th, 2008 04:04 AM
vandalworks

there were plenty of scenes to be impressed with. blackout at the beginning was incredibe, and the first true sight of transformers. i was blown away watching it and still get goosebumps from it.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2009 02:21 AM
vandalworks is currently offline Click here to Send vandalworks a Private Message Find more posts by vandalworks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

The scene where Ironhide is fighting Devastator and does a flip. That chic in the blue dress was smokin.

But seriously, the roll call scene after Frenzy says the Allspark has been located...

Starscream: This is Starscream: All Decepticons, mobilize.
Barricade: Barricade en-route...
Devastator: Devastator reporting...
Bonecrusher: Bonecrusher rolling...
Blackout: Blackout incoming... All hail Megatron!

. . .

My second favorite scene was when Starscream single-handedly took out Ratchet and Ironhide, his superiority really shined through there. Everyone knew Megatron was badass, but after that scene, people knew Starscream could dish out serious pain too.

Also, Starscream flying into space at the end was pretty awesome.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2009 01:36 PM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote