KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Transformers » Optimus Prime vS Megatron

Battle-Bots
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Optimus Prime would win 19 61.29%
Megatron would win 12 38.71%
Total: 31 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Optimus Prime vS Megatron
Started by: FistOfThe North

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Wolverine2006
X-man

alright cool

Old Post Jul 9th, 2007 09:18 PM
Wolverine2006 is currently offline Click here to Send Wolverine2006 a Private Message Find more posts by Wolverine2006 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

Megatron always wins. Usually because he cheats.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2007 01:01 AM
Mr. Sandman is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Sandman a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Sandman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General_Iroh
White Guy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mr. Sandman
Megatron always wins. Usually because he cheats.

he's lost a few times, he usually, like you said wins by cheating, but he has lost on occasions, in the movie('86) when it was a straight up fight he beat down Megatron until he got hold of HotRod.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2007 03:12 AM
General_Iroh is currently offline Click here to Send General_Iroh a Private Message Find more posts by General_Iroh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Optimus has always been peaceful, never very good at fighting, but his patience made him win.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2007 03:58 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

I, like Megatron, want to know..

Why does Optimus carry this obsession or passion to defend humans? What's his motive? I mean, how does he even need humans. He's completely self sufficient. He even called humans "primitives" in the movies..or something to that degree.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Jul 11th, 2007 02:59 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

i think he said our race was primitive, meaning the human race is young. he even explained it in the movie. plus he sees something familiar in humans. he even said they're not so dissmilar to the humans. maybe that's enough reason for him.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2007 06:35 PM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Someone post grimlock vs starscream devil

TGFwashere

Old Post Jul 11th, 2007 07:46 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Originally posted by Mairuzu
Someone post grimlock vs starscream devil

Why not you?

Old Post Jul 12th, 2007 12:01 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Im lazy duh

TGFwashere

Old Post Jul 12th, 2007 12:27 AM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

I was so lazy once, I threw the remote at the tv in hopes that it would hit the off button...

Old Post Jul 12th, 2007 02:14 AM
braz
I'm an agent of chaos...

Originally posted by FistOfThe North
I, like Megatron, want to know..

Why does Optimus carry this obsession or passion to defend humans? What's his motive? I mean, how does he even need humans. He's completely self sufficient. He even called humans "primitives" in the movies..or something to that degree.

Because he's.....Optimistic big grin

Old Post Jul 12th, 2007 05:42 AM
braz is currently offline Click here to Send braz a Private Message Find more posts by braz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

How the hell is Optimus losing this?

Old Post Jul 12th, 2007 09:10 PM
SeanTerry727

Well in the old Tv show it shows Optimus Kicking Megatrons Butt but However changing in the movie soo i dont know??

Old Post Jul 13th, 2007 07:01 PM
SeanTerry727 is currently offline Click here to Send SeanTerry727 a Private Message Find more posts by SeanTerry727 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

More like, Eeyore vs. Curious George.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2007 02:36 AM
photosynthesis

Megatron

Alot of people seem to forget that the premise of the Transformers involves strategically disadvantaged rebel underdogs heroically standing up to a merciless and (quite literally) fascist regime. No matter which continuity you chose, when the Earth-bound Transformers left Cybertron, the Decepticons were winning the war. When they arrived on Earth, there were 18 Autobots and only 10 Decepticons (11 or 13 if you count Reflector, depending on if you count him as one or 3). But the Autobots could still barely struggle to hang on. They never really "won" any battles, even in the old cartoon: they just managed to keep the enemy from advancing their plot. Even these static accomplishments took everything they had. Point: Decepticons are built for war, and more experienced at it. Sure, you could argue that the Autobots have an equal amount of experience from fighting them- but remember, the Decepticons have to worry about subduing worlds! Not to mention that a randomly selected Decepticon will average 5-15 feet taller than a given Autobot. Hell, most Decepticons already have weapons built into them! Optimus Prime was exceptional, in most continuities, in that he was built for war (relative to other average Autobots) and he was imbued with a mysterious power. All this still puts him at just about eye-level with Megatron, who already devoted thousands of years to cultivating his military prowess when Prime was just a protoform. He had already taken out two Primes with his own bare hands! (movie continuity aside, of course) Oh, and everyone seems to forget: Megatron is equipped with a THERMONUCLEAR FUSION CANNON. If one were to transpose realistic implications from this fact, and dismiss canon in which the actual potential of such a weapon had to be toned down so most of the good guys wouldn't have been utterly decimated in the first episode, then the trick for Optimus becomes getting past this and actually reaching him! Of course, Prime has a reputation as a sharp shooter, himself. But Megatron has thick skin. Hand to hand combat? Hate to sound Machiavellian, but I think Megatron would still have a little bit of an edge. He's bulkier and more ruthless. But Prime is quick and thinks on his feet, and Megatron talks too much. In all honesty, and I hate to say it, but I think it would come down to situational context... reference Hot Rod's ill-timed intervention... and, perhaps, a lucky shot.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2009 09:15 PM
photosynthesis is currently offline Click here to Send photosynthesis a Private Message Find more posts by photosynthesis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mshinu
Star for a Brain

Megatron is far more powerful than Optimus. He stomps him 9/10.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2009 05:44 PM
Mshinu is currently offline Click here to Send Mshinu a Private Message Find more posts by Mshinu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Rex
Dark Lord Of The Cookies

In ROTF Optimus was owning the three of them, Megatron Grindor Starscream. He lost because he was protecting Sam.
Optimus protects humans because he sees them as sentient beings.

CREATED BY SCYTHE
THE TRANSFORMERS KNOW-IT-ALL!

Old Post Jul 4th, 2009 08:30 PM
Darth Rex is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Rex a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Rex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
A Hero's Fate
The Legend Ends

Originally posted by Mshinu
Megatron is far more powerful than Optimus. He stomps him 9/10.

Is this a joke?

Old Post Jul 5th, 2009 11:24 PM
A Hero's Fate is currently offline Click here to Send A Hero's Fate a Private Message Find more posts by A Hero's Fate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mshinu
Star for a Brain

Originally posted by Bloinky
Is this a joke?

Why would it be?

Old Post Jul 6th, 2009 10:54 AM
Mshinu is currently offline Click here to Send Mshinu a Private Message Find more posts by Mshinu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
R8#@NG!G@

but if megatron keeps beating the crap out of OP, then how come they say only a prime can kill "the fallen". should megatron be able to kill the fallen as well if megatron can kill optimus

Mercedes Benz SLR=Great Car

Old Post Jul 9th, 2009 03:42 PM
R8#@NG!G@ is currently offline Click here to Send R8#@NG!G@ a Private Message Find more posts by R8#@NG!G@ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote