KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » Evanescence

Wat du think abt Evanescence?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Just LOVE them! 7 25.00%
They're good 8 28.57%
Just Alright 4 14.29%
I'd never waste my time on them 9 32.14%
Total: 28 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Evanescence
Started by: maham

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Wind Sister
Wait, what?

The Ev captions thread is probably the BEST Evanescence thing in existence, aside from About Tim >.<

It's hella funny. It's being a bit post-whored out right now though.

Amy's got some pretty interesting facial expressions and poses. It's an Open Door, so to speak.

Anyway, I think this is my favorite photoshoot so far, there might be some Fallen pics that I like more. I think that's for Kerrang! but I'm not entirely sure.

Attachment: sig1.jpg
This has been downloaded 86 time(s).

Old Post Jul 11th, 2007 11:40 PM
Wind Sister is currently offline Click here to Send Wind Sister a Private Message Find more posts by Wind Sister Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
maham

LOve those pictures!

Attachment: amy purp.jpg
This has been downloaded 75 time(s).

Old Post Jul 12th, 2007 04:44 AM
maham is currently offline Click here to Send maham a Private Message Find more posts by maham Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

She is butt ugly.

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Jul 12th, 2007 12:22 PM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
2D_MASTER
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by exanda kane
... And that negative options doesn't quite do justice to my opinion of Evanescence.

Amen.

Shut up! It's Daddy, you shithead! Where's my bourbon?

Old Post Jul 12th, 2007 02:15 PM
2D_MASTER is currently offline Click here to Send 2D_MASTER a Private Message Find more posts by 2D_MASTER Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
maham

Whatever! Mayb u ppl like those crackpots who'v got neither voice nor good lyrics n not even a good melody n call themselves singer or musicians!

Old Post Jul 12th, 2007 04:35 PM
maham is currently offline Click here to Send maham a Private Message Find more posts by maham Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

And you would consider Evanescence to be adequate in all those areas? Where do you people come from?

Old Post Jul 12th, 2007 04:41 PM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wind Sister
Wait, what?

Our mothers stick out tongue

Ev has got their brilliant songs. . .and their not so brilliant songs. Not liking them is completely understandable.

Their sound is very different, it's not something we've all heard before, and not everyone is going to like it.

People hate it, that's just a fact XP

I do find their lyrics to be really deep, though. Some of the things in there really do make you stop and think.

I think Field of Innocence is one of the most lyricly amazing songs ever, but I don't much like the sound.

I think mostly for Ev fans though, is that you can connect with the songs. There is always a song that describes you and what you're feeling perfectly. That's part of why we're fans.

Not everyone does that. I guess if you can't connect with the song and/or band in some way or another, it's just not worth listening.

/end speel

Old Post Jul 12th, 2007 05:33 PM
Wind Sister is currently offline Click here to Send Wind Sister a Private Message Find more posts by Wind Sister Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Originally posted by Wind Sister
Their sound is very different, it's not something we've all heard before, and not everyone is going to like it.

Fair enough if you have your own opinion on them which I do not share, it's all subjective, but to say they sound very different? It's Linkin Park (as terrible as they were) with a female singer.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2007 05:39 PM
Wind Sister
Wait, what?

Fair enough if you have your own opinion on them which I do not share, it's all subjective, but to say they sound very different? It's Linkin Park (as terrible as they were) with a female singer.

I honestly don't see Linkin Park in Evanescence. Bring Me To Life, yes. . .very understandable. But as far as that goes, it wasn't even planned.

The song was written originally without any male vocals. The Record Company decided to add those at the last minute.

But that's Bring Me To Life. And that's the only song I can consider close to LP's sound. Possibly Lies, but that's a far stretch.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2007 05:44 PM
exanda kane

Well, I do. If I ever saw any of that band (not that I would recognise them) walking down the street, I would laugh my head off. Ever seen them?

Old Post Jul 12th, 2007 06:53 PM
Solo

It's Linkin Park (as terrible as they were) with a female singer.

yes

Old Post Jul 12th, 2007 06:59 PM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
maham

And you would consider Evanescence to be adequate in all those areas? Where do you people come from?

Duh! I would! Amy's got a forceful voice,the lyrics r out of this world n the melodies - GR8!

That's how some blogger or columnist described them.They called Amy Lee Chester Bennington with better legs!(a stupid comment IMO)

Old Post Jul 12th, 2007 07:30 PM
Wind Sister
Wait, what?

Well, I do. If I ever saw any of that band (not that I would recognise them) walking down the street, I would laugh my head off. Ever seen them?

I've seen them live, but not just walking down the street.

It's always Linkin Park. Linkin Park fans think it's Linkin Park. It's. . .really different. Linkin Park sucks.

The innitial opinion formed by most after Bring Me To Life was released was that they sounded like LP, but a lot of that changed when Going Under came out.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2007 08:38 PM
exanda kane

And I'm glad that they aren't popular in sunny little England or I might have had the misfortune to have heard it.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2007 09:13 PM
Wind Sister
Wait, what?

Even if they were, which they really aren't that UNpopular, you could just. . .not listen confused

Change radio stations. . .turn the volume down. . .not buy their CD's.

They're actually not doing bad in England ^_^ They get they're singles first

Speaking of singles. Good Enough is being released in (relatively) two weeks. The screen caps looked awesome, and I can't wait. They fininshed filming on the 14th of last month, so we're all a little shot.

Not much longer to go ^_^

Old Post Jul 13th, 2007 04:19 AM
chillmeistergen
Restricted

Account Restricted

Even the goths hate them here.

"All morons hate it when you call them a moron." - Holden Caulfield

Old Post Jul 13th, 2007 04:54 AM
chillmeistergen is currently offline Click here to Send chillmeistergen a Private Message Find more posts by chillmeistergen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
maham

Originally posted by chillmeistergen
Even the goths hate them here.

Who cares! stick out tongue

Originally posted by Wind Sister
Even if they were, which they really aren't that UNpopular, you could just. . .not listen confused

Change radio stations. . .turn the volume down. . .not buy their CD's.

They're actually not doing bad in England ^_^ They get they're singles first

Speaking of singles. Good Enough is being released in (relatively) two weeks. The screen caps looked awesome, and I can't wait. They fininshed filming on the 14th of last month, so we're all a little shot.

Not much longer to go ^_^

But I've watched the video of 'Good enough'.It's not of Evanescence though.Maybe some1 made it himself on you tube,but it's hard to say for sure cuz it seemed that it was made by a professional n not some amateur as the timings of the video n the music were good.That video was from the film 'Great Expectations'.

Anyway,here's another pic:

Attachment: amy n oliver.jpg
This has been downloaded 54 time(s).

Old Post Jul 13th, 2007 04:59 PM
Wind Sister
Wait, what?

Originally posted by maham

But I've watched the video of 'Good enough'.It's not of Evanescence though.Maybe some1 made it himself on you tube,but it's hard to say for sure cuz it seemed that it was made by a professional n not some amateur as the timings of the video n the music were good.That video was from the film 'Great Expectations'.

Anyway,here's another pic:

I mean the actual video. Professional, Official Release of the Official Good Enough video.

They filmed it last month, the band. It's their next single. And their last for at least two years. It's depressing.

Attachment: group21.jpg
This has been downloaded 65 time(s).

Old Post Jul 13th, 2007 06:27 PM
Arctic
Crazy Forum Guy

Linkin Park aren't terrible. And what do you mean "were?"

Old Post Jul 13th, 2007 11:15 PM
Arctic is currently offline Click here to Send Arctic a Private Message Find more posts by Arctic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Linkin Park are laughable. I say "were" because even the most lewd of us would like to think that they went out gracefully. Well, they could never do grace well, but even slightly humbly.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2007 11:17 PM