KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Indiana Jones » I am scared for this film

I am scared for this film
Started by: Fawne

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Oomny
Promising Tomorrows

Worried I am scared for this film

I LOVE INDIANA JONES. I am quite excited for the fourth. but to tell you the truth. i am a tad scared for how it will be.

anyone else have low expectations

but yet..still are excited

Old Post Jul 10th, 2007 06:10 PM
Oomny is currently offline Click here to Send Oomny a Private Message Find more posts by Oomny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Everyone's rightfully cynical about things like this, sequels long overdue or seemingly unneccesary, but come on! It's Ford, Spielberg and Lucas working together again!

I really don't see how it could be medicore at worst. Realistically, in comparitive terms, I see this ending up on a Temple of Doom level, still great, but without the kick of the other two.

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Jul 10th, 2007 07:53 PM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
larryfilmmaker

quote: (post)
Originally posted by exanda kane
Everyone's rightfully cynical about things like this, sequels long overdue or seemingly unneccesary, but come on! It's Ford, Spielberg and Lucas working together again!

TRUE DAT! It's nice being able to have faith in a filmmaking team. It doesn't happen often and the last thing we need is people bashing. Spielberg, Ford, Lucas. Between the 3 of them we have some of the best movies OF ALL TIME from Star Wars to Jaws to Indiana Jones. It's sad how the young generation can't see past the age thing. This is goign to be classic.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2007 10:58 PM
larryfilmmaker is currently offline Click here to Send larryfilmmaker a Private Message Find more posts by larryfilmmaker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Oomny
Promising Tomorrows

Originally posted by exanda kane

I really don't see how it could be medicore at worst. Realistically, in comparitive terms, I see this ending up on a Temple of Doom level, still great, but without the kick of the other two.

Quite good point. i'll guess we just have to wait and see. but it is some of the best in the buisness working on it once more. it isn't like some random director.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2007 11:07 AM
Oomny is currently offline Click here to Send Oomny a Private Message Find more posts by Oomny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

one thing is for sure: we're gonna have to wait and see.

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2007 03:48 AM
Jaeh is currently offline Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Grey Fox
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yes

Old Post Jul 14th, 2007 09:00 AM
The Grey Fox is currently offline Click here to Send The Grey Fox a Private Message Find more posts by The Grey Fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

When the scheduled release again?

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Jul 14th, 2007 12:39 PM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Grey Fox
Restricted

Account Restricted

you are Han Solo

Old Post Jul 14th, 2007 04:25 PM
The Grey Fox is currently offline Click here to Send The Grey Fox a Private Message Find more posts by The Grey Fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

And you are the martian ambassador

Old Post Jul 15th, 2007 03:08 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

yeah, Indian Jones isn't like star wars. Many people didn't like the prequel trilogy because they were living in the old trilogy world, living and breathing star wars for 20 years (In a way, very sad). Blaming Lucas for Jar Jar, etc... Note: I liked the PT. People weren't obsessed with Indiana Jones like they are with star wars. So I think its goona be great. Although, Speilberg seems to be getting worse at making movies (worse meaning not as good as his earlier work), look at War of the worlds. Fords the greatest but he getting old. These are the simplest and most obvious things on peoples mind. The 3 of them know this and will easily surpass this criticism. So, its gonna be worth the ticket price, and wont ruin a good trilogy. Lucas is an awesome story teller, so theres no worries.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2007 02:58 AM
JediRobin23 is currently offline Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Originally posted by JediRobin23
Speilberg seems to be getting worse at making movies (worse meaning not as good as his earlier work), look at War of the worlds.

War of the Worlds is still better than more than half of what Hollywood producers, and it only suffered because of the source material (the ending); Saving Private Ryan (arguably his best) was only a few years back.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2007 06:22 PM
Oomny
Promising Tomorrows

Originally posted by JediRobin23
yeah, Indian Jones isn't like star wars. Many people didn't like the prequel trilogy because they were living in the old trilogy world, living and breathing star wars for 20 years (In a way, very sad). Blaming Lucas for Jar Jar, etc... Note: I liked the PT. People weren't obsessed with Indiana Jones like they are with star wars. So I think its goona be great. Although, Speilberg seems to be getting worse at making movies (worse meaning not as good as his earlier work), look at War of the worlds. Fords the greatest but he getting old. These are the simplest and most obvious things on peoples mind. The 3 of them know this and will easily surpass this criticism. So, its gonna be worth the ticket price, and wont ruin a good trilogy. Lucas is an awesome story teller, so theres no worries.

yeah but that was with new source material. ever see the original jones (obvioulsy you have) they are great. he probably could pull of something he has done before. but I still have my worries. Can't be any worse then any prolonged seqel or adapation...

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2007 11:13 AM
jinXed by JaNx

If you are a fan you should be more excited than anything. Everyone from the originals are back on board and after all these years it seems that everyone is back merely for nostalgia purposes. I think Spielberg is back to make a movie for his kids. Ford said he just wanted to wear the boots again and reconnect with the fans. Lucas said he has always been interested in getting a fourth installment out since the begining of production on the third.

Sure everyone is in it to make a buck, but they all seem very passionate about doing the film justice more than anything. The fact that the film hasnt in any way been rushed to start production proves to me that everyone has been taking their time in finding the right recipe for success. This movie will have been a long time in the making when it releases and that quells my reservations

Last edited by jinXed by JaNx on Jul 27th, 2007 at 08:28 PM

Old Post Jul 27th, 2007 08:26 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahnold
The Former Governator

Well said. Heh - any film this long in development has just got to be pretty damn good! I'm very much hoping for a triumphant comeback for the Indy series of "Rocky Balboa" proportions ...

Ahnold Sez: (From "The Expendables 2"): "My *shoe* is bigger than this cahr!"

Old Post Jul 27th, 2007 08:36 PM
Ahnold is currently offline Click here to Send Ahnold a Private Message Find more posts by Ahnold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Basco15
Cures Hypothermia

I love Indiana Jones,always have,always will.I believe this movie is going to be great no matter what.Even if it isn't so good,I will still remain a loyal Indian Jones fan.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2007 07:16 AM
Basco15 is currently offline Click here to Send Basco15 a Private Message Find more posts by Basco15 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chewy16

The difference between the PT & Indiana Jones IV is you still have the same characters in Indy IV when you are introduced to a whole slew of new characters in the PT.

I am not a huge fan of the PT but I think it was doomed from day one for many OT fans just cause it didn't have Luke, Leia, and Han. I mean how do you duplicate that tandem on chemistry, humor, and lovability?

Indy IV has Harrison Ford, so no matter what else happens in the movie, you still have our beloved hero to root for, so you will atleast enjoy it. The PT had Anakin & Padme, who I could give a rats ass about, so why should care what happens to them.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2007 01:59 AM
chewy16 is currently offline Click here to Send chewy16 a Private Message Find more posts by chewy16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Davehead
BEWY!

My only concern is how they're going to take Indy, Henry, Marion, and Sallah (or whoever the confirmed cast is) and put them through yet another adventure when they're so old. I doubt Indy could still swing on his whip. Don't get me wrong. I love the Indy movies, but I'm still concerned about what the plot's going to be and how all the characters will fit in.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2007 02:30 AM
Davehead is currently offline Click here to Send Davehead a Private Message Find more posts by Davehead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
History Buff

It'll be as most movies in Hollywood are these days. It will be HUGE the opening weekend (#1) everyone will talk about it like its the only movie

Old Post Aug 5th, 2007 09:47 PM
History Buff is currently offline Click here to Send History Buff a Private Message Find more posts by History Buff Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
History Buff

oops...

as i was saying it will be good. $$$ wise it will be lucky to stay #1 for more that 2 weeks.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2007 09:48 PM
History Buff is currently offline Click here to Send History Buff a Private Message Find more posts by History Buff Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by History Buff
oops...

as i was saying it will be good. $$$ wise it will be lucky to stay #1 for more that 2 weeks.

Itsn indiana jones, It could easily stay number 1 for four weeks, as long as its not opening against a comic book movie.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2007 02:11 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote