KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » Order of the Pheonix - A real let down

Order of the Pheonix - A real let down
Started by: zombieman

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ndfreak
Master Chief

If the movie wasn't as choppy i would have enjoyed it more. while i was sitting there i felt rushed and like the movie was put on high speed. i know they can't fit all the detals rowling put in the book, but extend it to 2h and 30m or something like that to smooth it all out and leave more time at the end for the important stuff.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2007 05:23 AM
ndfreak is currently offline Click here to Send ndfreak a Private Message Find more posts by ndfreak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

What important stuff?

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Jul 14th, 2007 12:38 PM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

I thought it wasn't possible for another HP movie to blew more then fourth one...

...I was wrong.

These things keep getting worse and worse. It was like Harry Potter-clip show, they just jumped from another scene to other without much connection.

Bleh. I'll stay with the books.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2007 10:38 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SeanTerry727

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
I thought it wasn't possible for another HP movie to blew more then fourth one...

...I was wrong.

These things keep getting worse and worse. It was like Harry Potter-clip show, they just jumped from another scene to other without much connection.

Bleh. I'll stay with the books.

I 100% percent totally Agree with you for the firt time i actually didnt really like the movie except the 2nd time i went to see it it was much better fro some reason........ but over all i think it was a stinkie one for me they better not mess up with the next one or ill be mad :X

Old Post Jul 14th, 2007 11:01 PM
SeanTerry727 is currently offline Click here to Send SeanTerry727 a Private Message Find more posts by SeanTerry727 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sweet Escape
Paparazzi

Well I thought it was the best of the series.

Although a lot was cut I still enjoyed it as it was meant to be, an adaption. Although I would have liked to see them tieing thing together a little bit better, I still thought the movie was amazing.

I loved the last battle. I didn't want it to end. It was amazing.

What always amazes me is how they find the PERFECT cast.

Bellatrix stole the movie, she was amazing. As was Luna. They were both DEAD on. I don't think anyone could do a better job.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2007 11:31 PM
Sweet Escape is currently offline Click here to Send Sweet Escape a Private Message Find more posts by Sweet Escape Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
allofyousuckkk
Amazingly Awesome

They are gonna mess the next one up bc a lot of stuff that connects with the HBP was left out in OOTP. Prepare yourselves for many many plot holes.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2007 02:57 AM
allofyousuckkk is currently offline Click here to Send allofyousuckkk a Private Message Find more posts by allofyousuckkk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

Ya it should have been three or four hours long . The books are getting bigger and alot of info is missing

Old Post Jul 15th, 2007 10:46 AM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SouthernGirl814
Why Can't He Be Mine

Dude I thought the movie was freakin awesome!! I mean I didn't really like how it was only 2 hrs and there were a few things they needed to add in but left out but they portrayed it really well I just wish it was longer the real disappointment to me was that unbridge shouldve been a little larger and toad like but its ok I guess also they lied when they said cho told about the training in the book I believe it was spose to bve her friend Heather I think her name was and that there was a spell cast on every person in Dumbledores Army so that if one did tell they would get pimpiles on their face that spelt out a word if I'm thinking correctly but the ending was played out very well it was more than I actually expected and idk if any of u noticed but the Weasley brother that left his family alone Percy was his name the one that believed Fudge instead of his own family is back he showed up in the movie but I pretty much loved it all but they couldve shown more of Mrs. Figg and the whole Order

Old Post Jul 15th, 2007 06:01 PM
SouthernGirl814 is currently offline Click here to Send SouthernGirl814 a Private Message Find more posts by SouthernGirl814 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stuwienl
Yep, it's me.

I just saw the movie and I didn't think it was that bad. OK, a lot of stuff just wasn't there and the acting could/should have been better, but the action and SE were great and the movie got the main part of the book and that's what the movie is all about.

For me it was the best HP movie so far.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2007 06:05 PM
stuwienl is currently offline Click here to Send stuwienl a Private Message Find more posts by stuwienl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by stuwienl
I just saw the movie and I didn't think it was that bad. OK, a lot of stuff just wasn't there and the acting could/should have been better, but the action and SE were great and the movie got the main part of the book and that's what the movie is all about.

For me it was the best HP movie so far.

iEveryone needs to except there is a large portion of the story that wont be included. It is the atmosphere and tone of the film that counts. out of all the series this had the very best acting, and unfortunately some of the most lackluster effects. did you think these effects were better than the last two?

Old Post Jul 15th, 2007 07:05 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

The thing that disappointed me the most was how uneventful most of it was.

Weren't many exciting, enthralling parts. Felt like a lot of filler, although in saying that, I know they left some stuff out.

I wouldn't mind if they actually did get another director for the next movie, although this director is already signed on for the next movie unfortunately.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post Jul 15th, 2007 08:14 PM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

I really enjoyed it. I'm pretty critical of the movie adaptations in general and I didnt't particularly appreciate any of the others, specifically GoF (too many important details either changed completely or missed out altogether) but OotP did it for me. Whatever I've been looking for in the movies was there, it had It.

As a few people have mentioned, the 5th book was sort of long winded in the first place and I think the movie portrayed most of what mattered. I especially liked the fact that there wasn't all that much action until right towards the end because that's what happened in the book.

8/10 from me, and that's saying something smile

One thing I would have really loved to have seen was Firenze taking Trelawney's place as teacher of Divination. That was a brilliant part of the book, it's a shame it was cut.

Also, I just want to point out to those who say it's a good thing they read the book before seeing the movie; surely that's a given? It really bothers me when people suggest they don't need to read the books because they can just watch the movies. Big mistake in my opinion erm

ThorinWoofer

Last edited by Syren on Jul 16th, 2007 at 10:47 AM

Old Post Jul 16th, 2007 10:44 AM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

I must also point out that I hated how little screen time many of the actors got. Especially RON.

But also Hermione, Snape, and McGonagall, but especially RON. no expression

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post Jul 16th, 2007 05:30 PM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Alan Rickman worked wonders for that small amount of screen time though.

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Jul 16th, 2007 05:39 PM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

Originally posted by InnerRise
I must also point out that I hated how little screen time many of the actors got. Especially RON.

But also Hermione, Snape, and McGonagall, but especially RON. no expression

Kind of represents Ron's feelings throughout the book though, right? Jealousy towards Harry because Harry hogs the limelight, Ron feeling as though he's being shoved to the back and so on

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Jul 16th, 2007 08:33 PM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nickey
Fallen Angel

I have two words for that movie.

TOTAL AWESOMENESS! eek!

Thanks Neha for the sig!

Old Post Jul 16th, 2007 08:52 PM
Nickey is currently offline Click here to Send Nickey a Private Message Find more posts by Nickey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jasonowens4200

why does everyone think that the GoF was the best movie i think it was the worst and the OotP was about harry finding himself and dealin with the dark lord thats why all the other stuff was left out i didnt like that it was left out like cho's friend being the one who ratted them out dont know why they couldnt have done that but by far the best movie

Old Post Jul 17th, 2007 07:46 PM
jasonowens4200 is currently offline Click here to Send jasonowens4200 a Private Message Find more posts by jasonowens4200 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Phantom
Angel of Music

Originally posted by jasonowens4200
why does everyone think that the GoF was the best movie i think it was the worst and the OotP was about harry finding himself and dealin with the dark lord thats why all the other stuff was left out i didnt like that it was left out like cho's friend being the one who ratted them out dont know why they couldnt have done that but by far the best movie
They couldn't do the Cho's friend thing because it wasn't really important who did it. They did that part perfectly, as I think I mentioned before. They were able to combine a way to break Harry and Cho up without having to do the entire "date" thing and have Dumbledore's Army discovered at the same time. Killing two birds with one stone.

Thank you Neha for the sig!
This years Musical: Little Shop of Horrors (sig for it hopefully coming soon)

Old Post Jul 17th, 2007 09:02 PM
The Phantom is currently offline Click here to Send The Phantom a Private Message Find more posts by The Phantom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
allofyousuckkk
Amazingly Awesome

It drives me nuts when people say "Well, a lot is gonna be left out so you can't be dissapointed"

i know a lot was gonna be left out and i had/have no problem with it. however, they introduced things without explaining them properly and left out necessary things. Also, the fight scene was waaayyy to short.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2007 02:23 AM
allofyousuckkk is currently offline Click here to Send allofyousuckkk a Private Message Find more posts by allofyousuckkk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jasonowens4200

does anyone know with out me having to look it up in the fight scene when sirius and harry are fighting together he calls him james does he do that in the book

Old Post Jul 18th, 2007 02:27 AM
jasonowens4200 is currently offline Click here to Send jasonowens4200 a Private Message Find more posts by jasonowens4200 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote