KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Transformers » Theories Of Transformers 2

Theories Of Transformers 2
Started by: Scythe

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 4 5 [6]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Scythe
The Goat

Possibly option 2.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2007 11:40 PM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Why not...? It would appear that in these new movies, TFs can actually withstand slamming into the ground at x-amount of hundreds or thousands of miles an hour as meteors themselves without a slight bit of damage, it would seem. sick

The writers dumped the ark idea because they couldn't see why aliens that moonlighted as vehicles would need a ship to travel through space.

Just three reasons I can think of are:

1) To conserve energy/fuel.
2) To avoid slamming into planets at thousands of miles per hour.
3) The autobots had somewhere to hang out.

Technically the novelisation apparently re-introduced the ark. The 'meteor' forms are just for short travel.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2007 07:03 AM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bad Ash231
Harbinger of Dur

edit

Sig by Inhuman

Old Post Oct 24th, 2007 11:01 AM
Bad Ash231 is currently offline Click here to Send Bad Ash231 a Private Message Find more posts by Bad Ash231 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

I see...

Old Post Oct 24th, 2007 02:28 PM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Orbius

They may possibly introduce Shockwave in TF2. He appeared in the game, and was done pretty well actually. He still pretty much had his G1 look, except he was a triple-changer, turning into a ground-cannon (think Galvatron's form), a robot, and a Helicopter.

Then again Spider-Man fans have been waiting for the Lizard for years now, so we might not get what we want unless we threaten Bay some more! Lol.

By the way, I heard that the Concept Art Prime looked nothing like the final, movie Prime. Anyone got Concept Art pics? Cus I'm curious now.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2007 04:41 PM
Orbius is currently offline Click here to Send Orbius a Private Message Find more posts by Orbius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Concept Art Prime looks alot like a skeletal tin man... yeah...

Old Post Oct 25th, 2007 09:15 PM
stickman618

Originally posted by Orbius
They may possibly introduce Shockwave in TF2. He appeared in the game, and was done pretty well actually. He still pretty much had his G1 look, except he was a triple-changer, turning into a ground-cannon (think Galvatron's form), a robot, and a Helicopter.

Then again Spider-Man fans have been waiting for the Lizard for years now, so we might not get what we want unless we threaten Bay some more! Lol.

By the way, I heard that the Concept Art Prime looked nothing like the final, movie Prime. Anyone got Concept Art pics? Cus I'm curious now.

here ya go
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...threadid=457975

optimus actually looks like a Gundam here

Last edited by stickman618 on Oct 26th, 2007 at 02:32 AM

Old Post Oct 26th, 2007 02:29 AM
stickman618 is currently offline Click here to Send stickman618 a Private Message Find more posts by stickman618 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Orbius

Thanks, I checked 'em out. And for Prime's sake, that Starscream ruled. But the Port-o-potty Transformer was just wrong..horribly wrong.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2007 02:51 AM
Orbius is currently offline Click here to Send Orbius a Private Message Find more posts by Orbius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Optimus' Gundam face does look really sweet in that pic though.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2007 02:56 AM
stickman618

Originally posted by Orbius
Thanks, I checked 'em out. And for Prime's sake, that Starscream ruled. But the Port-o-potty Transformer was just wrong..horribly wrong.

really?

i thought Starscream looked like a bad guy from Power Rangers in that pic confused

Old Post Oct 26th, 2007 04:25 AM
stickman618 is currently offline Click here to Send stickman618 a Private Message Find more posts by stickman618 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

He looked unrealistic. Face it, the TF's that appeared in the film were highly believable, despite the whole moving lips thing.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2007 06:09 AM
Orbius

Yeah I know. I actually walked out of the theatre and could imagine my pick-up transforming. And the movie lips were cool, but I thought that Bay said they couldn't get the animation right for Prime's faceplate to move up and down, but I see it move when he talks to Megatron in their battle.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2007 06:12 AM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Yep, they're so full of shit.

I hated the lips/mouth thing.
If really they couldn't animate a simple face plate, then they have no business being and fx company.

Well all credit goes to the FX guys for the visual.
But the only designs I liked, personally, were Prime and Bumblebee.
So top marks for quality of rendering, I just seperate that from the designs though, which Bay was responsible, in part for..

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on Oct 26th, 2007 at 05:33 PM

Old Post Oct 26th, 2007 05:30 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

I thought they did a good job on Starscream and barricade. I know Starscream looks nothing like G1, but it's not supposed to resemble G1, the flick was it's own sotryline.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2007 12:03 AM