KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » How to make the Games vs Forums a better place

How to make the Games vs Forums a better place
Started by: Superboy Prime

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (38): « First ... « 33 34 [35] 36 37 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
NemeBro

I was joking, but I will not use the term again, and apologise.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2010 04:20 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wammamram
the afro'ed assassin

don't go crazy on him peach!

Old Post Jun 30th, 2010 01:10 AM
wammamram is currently offline Click here to Send wammamram a Private Message Find more posts by wammamram Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Heythere,Honey

I always wondered what the f-term meant.

Sig by Scythe

Old Post Jun 30th, 2010 01:19 AM
Heythere,Honey is currently offline Click here to Send Heythere,Honey a Private Message Find more posts by Heythere,Honey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Heythere,Honey
I always wondered what the f-term meant.

That word is taboo around these parts, man! I know of three people who have had their balls twisted for their casual usage of the term. I suggest you drop it, as we wouldn't want anything happening to you.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Jun 30th, 2010 01:43 AM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Of course it's not allowed here. People should really know better by now.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jun 30th, 2010 01:44 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wammamram
the afro'ed assassin

people should

Old Post Jun 30th, 2010 02:14 AM
wammamram is currently offline Click here to Send wammamram a Private Message Find more posts by wammamram Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Buuut people don't. Hence why this thread exists?

Old Post Jun 30th, 2010 09:56 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by REXXXX
How ya been rexxxxxx. haven't seen you around anywhere in the past like 6 months.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2010 04:25 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wammamram
the afro'ed assassin

Originally posted by REXXXX

a failed attempt to make this forum a better place

Old Post Jul 1st, 2010 09:57 PM
Peach
mordrem

Actually, a great many suggestions made in this thread were put into place. It worked quite well.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2010 09:57 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wammamram
the afro'ed assassin

not trying to be smart but, what other changes were made here

Old Post Jul 1st, 2010 10:00 PM
Peach
mordrem

- Characters originating from games only (probably the most popular rule I've made here)
- Encouraging use of more obscure/less common characters
- Encouraging threads that weren't simply straight fights
- Encouraging people to specify which version of a character it is and what powers they have
- Encouraging people to post information about the characters and go more into detail about the match itself
- The off-topic thread was suggested here
- The respect forum was suggested here
- A push for people to be more civil and make use of the report button

And so on. Reading the thread will tell you what happened as a result of it. Most of the changes occurred long before you were a member here.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2010 10:10 PM
wammamram
the afro'ed assassin

very good point, i take back what i said

Old Post Jul 1st, 2010 10:21 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Peach
- Characters originating from games only (probably the most popular rule I've made here)
- Encouraging use of more obscure/less common characters
- Encouraging threads that weren't simply straight fights
- Encouraging people to specify which version of a character it is and what powers they have
- Encouraging people to post information about the characters and go more into detail about the match itself
- The off-topic thread was suggested here
- The respect forum was suggested here
- A push for people to be more civil and make use of the report button

And so on. Reading the thread will tell you what happened as a result of it. Most of the changes occurred long before you were a member here.
I know you won't change your mind but letting other characters like the gow villains, dante's inferno villains in here would make things very interesting and open things up. I am sure mostly everything else has been debated 1,000 times over until someone new pops up like myself.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2010 12:34 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Been over this more times than I can count now.

No, that rule is not going to change, ever.

There are literally thousands of characters that have yet to be brought up here.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2010 12:35 AM
NemeBro

So the GoW gods still are not allowed then?

The only reason why I really argue for them being allowed is that Zeus has alot of fun-time powers I would like to see put to use in a vs. thread. sad

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2010 12:37 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

They are far too similar to the mythological ones to be considered a different character.

Unlike Dante from DI, who has almost no similarities to the original Dante.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2010 12:39 AM
Tzeentch
#gottem

If the mixed genre matches in the comic book vs. run smoothly, would you guys be willing to run a similar sort of test drive here? 'cause I mean, the CBVS has much higher traffic then we do here, so if it works out there then there's at least a possibility that it can work here too, isn't there?

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2010 12:41 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

At least dante is allowed. I still crack up at the end of di when you can see Lucy's dong flopping around.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2010 12:42 AM
Peach
mordrem

Pretty much, no.

I am not willing to change that rule, ever. I remember what this place was like before it was put into place. Never again.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2010 12:42 AM