KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » How to make the Games vs Forums a better place

How to make the Games vs Forums a better place
Started by: Superboy Prime

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (38): « First ... « 34 35 [36] 37 38 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
wammamram
the afro'ed assassin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
If the mixed genre matches in the comic book vs. run smoothly, would you guys be willing to run a similar sort of test drive here? 'cause I mean, the CBVS has much higher traffic then we do here, so if it works out there then there's at least a possibility that it can work here too, isn't there?

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2010 12:45 AM
wammamram is currently offline Click here to Send wammamram a Private Message Find more posts by wammamram Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

While there may be thousands of characters that haven't been used, I'm willing to bet that 90% of those wouldn't be suitable for a vs thread, unless you made the thread into some kind of challenge instead of an actual fight erm
Aside from that, a good deal of characters would be unknowns, which generally shouldn't be allowed.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2010 12:58 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by Peach
They are far too similar to the mythological ones to be considered a different character.

Unlike Dante from DI, who has almost no similarities to the original Dante.
Are you not the one who complained that the GoW mythology is too different from the actual mythology?

While they are indeed similar to the ones of myth, as I would kind of expect them to be, there are various differences to the characters which separate them.

Also, Zeus can turn into LITNINZ and duplicate himself, would be fun to debate in a thread. sad

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2010 01:01 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by MadMel
While there may be thousands of characters that haven't been used, I'm willing to bet that 90% of those wouldn't be suitable for a vs thread, unless you made the thread into some kind of challenge instead of an actual fight erm
Aside from that, a good deal of characters would be unknowns, which generally shouldn't be allowed.
Why should they not be allowed?

If they are a game character, they should be allowed to be put down.

Though it is a moot point, for the simple fact that since the characters that have not been used generally are known by few, and would get very little attention... Unless you pit them against Kain. no expression

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2010 01:02 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Why should unknown characters not be allowed? That's ridiculous.

And there's no stipulation that matches in here have to be fights. Some of the best threads that have been made were other sorts of challenges.

Originally posted by NemeBro
Are you not the one who complained that the GoW mythology is too different from the actual mythology?

While they are indeed similar to the ones of myth, as I would kind of expect them to be, there are various differences to the characters which separate them.

Also, Zeus can turn into LITNINZ and duplicate himself, would be fun to debate in a thread. sad

No, I said that I didn't like what the GoW series does with the mythology.

The similarities are far more than the differences.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2010 01:03 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

Why should unknown characters not be allowed? That's ridiculous.

Any character that you can completely customize (like say, your WOW toon, or the main character of Jedi Academy) is what I mean by 'unknown'
JA is probably a bad example, since Jaden turns out to be a canon character in later star wars books, but you still get the idea.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2010 01:08 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Any character that you can completely customize (like say, your WOW toon, or the main character of Jedi Academy) is what I mean by 'unknown'
JA is probably a bad example, since Jaden turns out to be a canon character in later star wars books, but you still get the idea.

Honestly, it's never come up.

However, considering the fact that people are supposed to list out exactly what powers and so one said characters have available to them in the match, I really don't see it being a huge problem if someone wants to use a WoW or Guild Wars or whatever character.

(and god, I hate the word 'toon' in reference to game characters, it doesn't even make sense. Random pet peeve of mine)

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2010 01:11 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

Honestly, it's never come up.

However, considering the fact that people are supposed to list out exactly what powers and so one said characters have available to them in the match, I really don't see it being a huge problem if someone wants to use a WoW or Guild Wars or whatever character.

(and god, I hate the word 'toon' in reference to game characters, it doesn't even make sense. Random pet peeve of mine)

You sure? I could swear i have seen threads like "My WOW character vs my Runescape character" or other random thread likes that being blocked. Maybe they weren't descriptive enough.

hehe, toon stick out tongue

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2010 01:15 AM
Peach
mordrem

If that did happen, then it would have likely been killed for lack of any description. I do not recall something like that ever happening, though.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2010 01:17 AM
NemeBro

No, I said that I didn't like what the GoW series does with the mythology.

The similarities are far more than the differences.
Of course they are similar, but also noticeably different to qualify as a different character. In this case, they just happen to have the same name.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2010 01:20 AM
MadMel
Heh

Oh well.
Now I have a burning desire to make threads erm

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2010 01:20 AM
Q'Anilia
Exiled Master Jedi

Is it maybe possible to create a compendium of thread templates? Right now, threads created are pretty chaotic. If provided generic templates including blanks to fill in, I think it's possible to get more structure in threads.

Because as it feel, people are just too lazy to give proper details. If they were provided a template, however, it would likely help in making opening posts more elaborate and makes the thread easier to get into.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2010 08:16 AM
Q'Anilia is currently offline Click here to Send Q'Anilia a Private Message Find more posts by Q'Anilia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

I rather doubt most people would use a provided template?

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2010 02:35 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by General Kaliero

Force them! FORCE THEM!

Old Post Oct 27th, 2010 05:48 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q'Anilia
Exiled Master Jedi

Originally posted by General Kaliero

Why not? It would help them create a constructive thread with details not hard to fill in. It's a simple "Fill in the blanks" template and I think it would contribute to better threads.
I think when people find it more rewarding to elaborate on the thread from the start, the debating will be more rewarding as well with many of the questionmarks solved at start.

Just an idea though.

Last edited by Q'Anilia on Oct 27th, 2010 at 06:13 PM

Old Post Oct 27th, 2010 06:02 PM
Q'Anilia is currently offline Click here to Send Q'Anilia a Private Message Find more posts by Q'Anilia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

I am far too lazy to use a template as well as too much of a rebel who plays by no one's rules but his own. But I very rarely make threads anyway.

So I am indifferent. INDIFFERENT.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2010 10:21 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Same here.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2010 11:00 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Chris444

I have a question, where do I go if I want to ask if a game were to be made & it's a crossover one & for people to express ther opinions on it where would I post that at? tahnk you for your help.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2010 11:03 PM
Chris444 is currently offline Click here to Send Chris444 a Private Message Find more posts by Chris444 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

I think that would be the main videogame forum Here.

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Old Post Dec 31st, 2010 01:13 AM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

I suppose this thread is the place to post this.

Basically, Kaliero, Peach, what would be your response if I asked if tabletop game characters could be used in this forum, alongside videogame characters?

Old Post Sep 30th, 2011 05:55 AM