KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » How to make the Games vs Forums a better place

How to make the Games vs Forums a better place
Started by: Superboy Prime

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (38): « First ... « 35 36 [37] 38 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

I think you specifically mean to ask if they're willing to change it so that taple top characters -can be used-, yes? I'm on board with supporting this idea all the way and such.

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2011 05:57 AM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro
Savior of KMC

... Yeah, that's what I meant.

Gawsh, shut up and stop trying to correct me.

"I GOTTA FIND OUT WHO KILLED MY DAD"

Old Post Sep 30th, 2011 06:04 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

Wouldnt that break the "video game characters only" rule? I think your pushing the boundaries a bit by adding WH40k units from Space marine.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2011 09:22 AM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

What we're asking for is to adjust the 'video game only' rule, to allow for tabletop characters, since those are games as well.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2011 10:08 AM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

I see. I third that notion then, but I dont see it happening tbh.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2011 10:36 AM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Sounds good to me.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2011 01:40 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

So GK and I just quickly discussed this...

For now, we'll go ahead and allow TTG-originated characters for the vs. forum here, simply because there's really nothing for tabletop on KMC.

We're also going to, if Raz returns anytime soon, see about maybe reorganizing the VG forum itself into a general gaming forum with a tabletop subforum. No promises on that one, but if we get a chance to make it happen, we'll do so.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Sep 30th, 2011 01:58 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cool_ghost
Touch me and you die

table top?

Old Post Sep 30th, 2011 04:58 PM
cool_ghost is currently offline Click here to Send cool_ghost a Private Message Find more posts by cool_ghost Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

Most of the feats will probably come from novels and manuels though.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2011 05:02 PM
Tzeentch
#gottem

Aside from the short term allowing of TTG characters here, I imagine once Raz comes back it won't really matter, since Impediment's already leading this huge charge to make a Vs. Everything forum. Once that's made we won't even need multiple boards anymore.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Sep 30th, 2011 05:05 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Well, yeah, we will, because the consensus on that amongst the mods is largely that single media vs. threads will still go in their respective forums.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2011 05:29 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Oh? Interesting, I wasn't aware.

So Master Chief skull****ing Captain Titus will still take place in a video games only board, not the mixed genre board.

That makes more sense, in a way.

EDIT- I imagine though, that the majority of game character vs. game character fights would still take place in the mixed genre. board, if only because you don't need to argue about using non-game sources as feats (i.e. novels).

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Last edited by Tzeentch on Sep 30th, 2011 at 05:42 PM

Old Post Sep 30th, 2011 05:32 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Novels and other sources like that for feats aren't disallowed here; they're just something that needs to be specified if they're allowed for that specific thread by the thread starter.

And yeah, why would we kill off the individual forums? Not everyone's interested in the insanity that the everything vs. would be, after all.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2011 05:51 PM
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Peach

For now, we'll go ahead and allow TTG-originated characters for the vs. forum here, simply because there's really nothing for tabletop on KMC.

We're also going to, if Raz returns anytime soon, see about maybe reorganizing the VG forum itself into a general gaming forum with a tabletop subforum. No promises on that one, but if we get a chance to make it happen, we'll do so.
Wow, this was a lot easier than I expected. Thanks guys! big grin

Old Post Sep 30th, 2011 06:43 PM
NemeBro
Savior of KMC

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Peach

... Huh.

I honestly did not expect this to be decided on so quickly.

And reorganizing the VG forum into a general gaming forum with a tabletop subforum sounds like a pretty cool idea.

So thanks guys. big grin

*HUGGLES PEACH AND GK*

Old Post Sep 30th, 2011 08:46 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro
Savior of KMC

So Peach/GK, how do you feel about allowing Battlezones in game versus?

Old Post May 2nd, 2012 08:01 AM
Tzeentch
#gottem

Shut up, idiot.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2015 10:32 PM
Tzeentch
#gottem

I am the walrus.

Last edited by Tzeentch on Feb 15th, 2015 at 10:35 PM

Old Post Feb 15th, 2015 10:32 PM
FinalAnswer
Flower

quote:
I used to troll a lot, but then my balls dropped. So I don't as much.

Howdy!

Old Post Feb 16th, 2015 12:07 AM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

What are you trying to say?

Old Post Feb 16th, 2015 02:54 AM