KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » How to make the Games vs Forums a better place

How to make the Games vs Forums a better place
Started by: Superboy Prime

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (38): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Zack Fair
Fanboy

I agree with everything you've said.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Jul 16th, 2007 10:04 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sol Valentine
~Magnificent Ruffian~

We shouldn't feed into the will of those people.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2007 10:31 PM
Sol Valentine is currently offline Click here to Send Sol Valentine a Private Message Find more posts by Sol Valentine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shin_remy

1 if it gets offtopic or it changes in a another debate between 2 characters, open a new topic

2. spam will be reported

3. NO ABC logic anymore

there is a reason why many older members are gone..

and those examples that Ashter show are good thumb up

EDIT : Reason why i don't have big discussions anymore is that many new members were claiming different things and if i told my opinion i was always attacked!!

Last edited by shin_remy on Jul 16th, 2007 at 10:38 PM

Old Post Jul 16th, 2007 10:36 PM
shin_remy is currently offline Click here to Send shin_remy a Private Message Find more posts by shin_remy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

ABC should not be discarded. Just not presented as 100% proof of why a character wins.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2007 10:38 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

Why should A>B>C be needed in a verus? It is single handeley the main culprit behind off-topic debates and it's illogical in the long run.

Last edited by Classic NES on Jul 16th, 2007 at 10:42 PM

Old Post Jul 16th, 2007 10:39 PM
Classic NES is currently offline Click here to Send Classic NES a Private Message Find more posts by Classic NES Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shin_remy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
ABC should not be discarded. Just not presented as 100% proof of why a character wins.

what i mean is, downgrading a character where youre debating against and overrating the character who you support

and i think that the ''respect streetfighter, Megaman, MGS and others'' thread should be alive again

Old Post Jul 16th, 2007 10:41 PM
shin_remy is currently offline Click here to Send shin_remy a Private Message Find more posts by shin_remy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

Originally posted by shin_remy

and i think that the ''respect streetfighter, Megaman, MGS and others'' thread should be alive again

Co-signed

Old Post Jul 16th, 2007 10:42 PM
Classic NES is currently offline Click here to Send Classic NES a Private Message Find more posts by Classic NES Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sol Valentine
~Magnificent Ruffian~

Agreed.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2007 10:42 PM
Sol Valentine is currently offline Click here to Send Sol Valentine a Private Message Find more posts by Sol Valentine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shin_remy

Originally posted by Sandai Kitetsu
Why should A>B>C be needed in verus? It is single handeley the main culprit behind off-topic debates and it's illogical.

ooh yeah that is also one of the reasons why discussions lead to other offtopic disscusions

cause the whole cast of the game joins the debate (KOF) (SF Alpha 3 ) EXAMPLE

''i'm not good in explaining things sorry bout that''

Old Post Jul 16th, 2007 10:43 PM
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

I for one am tired of reading: "Iori pwns God like Orochi, and because of that he can beat Ryu"

Old Post Jul 16th, 2007 10:45 PM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

what i mean is, downgrading a character where youre debating against and overrating the character who you support

I am against under rating and over rating characters as well.

A new better organized version should come forth.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2007 10:48 PM
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

You want use to write all those points over?

Old Post Jul 16th, 2007 10:49 PM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

I don't know. It would just be ideal to make it organized. Not really saying it has to be like that.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2007 10:51 PM
shin_remy

i think it is also better to tell what versions of the characters are used, from what game.

and if uncanon feats are allowed etc

to avoid misunderstandings

Old Post Jul 16th, 2007 10:56 PM
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

i think it is also better to tell what versions of the characters are used, from what game.

and if uncanon feats are allowed etc

to avoid misunderstandings

A common thing people tend to forget.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2007 10:59 PM
shin_remy

Major Snafu is a great help here i think on this forum

he opened many good threads, some were weird..

and i don't think people here should have attacked him with

OH MY GOSH A SPITE THREAD!!

cause he is the one or was the one who made many topics, good ones i think, he should continue with this

Old Post Jul 16th, 2007 11:03 PM
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

The only person that attacked him was cloud/eclipse/Xenogears/Guilty Gear and whatever name he comes up with.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2007 11:04 PM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

About the ABC...I can't really explain...I'll just put an example of my idea

Jin Kazama > Paul Phoenix

Why?

Although Paul has stalemated Jin in the past...Jin has grown more powerful since their first encounter.

Jin > Kazuya in Tekken 4

Jin > Heihachi in Tekken 4

Jin > Jinpachi in Tekken 5

Paul stalemated Kazuya in Tekken

Jin's winning record places him above Paul's.

---

ABC is used to prove how Jin is in another tier.

However just because Jin has beaten Kazuya, Heihachi, Jinpachi/insert new random Mishima; it does not automatically translate to Jin beating characters from another gaming universe.

In this instance actual feats are welcomed.
---

I don't know if I made myself clear...but I hope you guys understand what I'm suggesting.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2007 11:05 PM
shin_remy

yeah like

Iori beated Godtiers so he will pwn Ryu

and the godtiers in sf are nothing just like Bison in Sf Alpha 3 who lost from schoolgirls while Iori beated Godtiers that destroyed city's and he took on almost the whole Kof cast

..........pppfft i don't say names but it is obvious who i mean......

Old Post Jul 16th, 2007 11:10 PM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

yeah like

Iori beated Godtiers so he will pwn Ryu

and the godtiers in sf are nothing just like Bison in Sf Alpha 3 who lost from schoolgirls while Iori beated Godtiers that destroyed city's and he took on almost the whole Kof cast

..........pppfft i don't say names but it is obvious who i mean......

*Leashes Shin Remy*

Old Post Jul 16th, 2007 11:11 PM