KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » Deathly Hallows Spoiler Warning!!!!!!!!! (READ!)

Deathly Hallows Spoiler Warning!!!!!!!!! (READ!)
Started by: RoguePw25

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
danielle marie.
Bel Fan Club President

I don't think it was. I liked the epilogue. Maybe it's just me.

Yes, it was an amazing book.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2007 07:24 PM
danielle marie. is currently offline Click here to Send danielle marie. a Private Message Find more posts by danielle marie. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Phantom
Angel of Music

Epilogue couldn't have been better. Ended like it started. A children's book.

Thank you Neha for the sig!
This years Musical: Little Shop of Horrors (sig for it hopefully coming soon)

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2007 07:27 PM
The Phantom is currently offline Click here to Send The Phantom a Private Message Find more posts by The Phantom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chillmeistergen
Restricted

Account Restricted

It felt extremely forced.

"All morons hate it when you call them a moron." - Holden Caulfield

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2007 10:47 PM
chillmeistergen is currently offline Click here to Send chillmeistergen a Private Message Find more posts by chillmeistergen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
div

The book is amazing! i forgot how to do the spoiler tag so i wont say anything but its the best book shes written. I thought it would be the worst because there was so much to be covered but she managed it seamlessly it just fitted into place. since i dont have the spoiler tag i'll just sort of code it... The "Thing" that the Goblin stole, it was used at the end to destroy a horcrux...how did they get it back messed

Old Post Jul 24th, 2007 03:29 AM
div is currently offline Click here to Send div a Private Message Find more posts by div Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arctic
Crazy Forum Guy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The Phantom
Epilogue couldn't have been better. Ended like it started. A children's book.

What? Yeah, plenty of children read the books, but it's not simply a "childrens book." People of all ages read those books. Children, teenagers, adults. It's stupid to label the series "childrens books."

Old Post Jul 24th, 2007 03:40 AM
Arctic is currently offline Click here to Send Arctic a Private Message Find more posts by Arctic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jasonowens4200

she wrote it to be a childrens book she had no idea what it would turn out to be a pheonomon where all ages would read it

Old Post Jul 24th, 2007 03:40 PM
jasonowens4200 is currently offline Click here to Send jasonowens4200 a Private Message Find more posts by jasonowens4200 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arctic
Crazy Forum Guy

Yeah...but the last two or three books weren't exactly what you would call childrens books. People dying left and right. The last few were more young adult type books.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2007 07:27 PM
Arctic is currently offline Click here to Send Arctic a Private Message Find more posts by Arctic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PrincessNk
.Confused.

It was still known as a children's bookerm

Old Post Jul 24th, 2007 07:37 PM
PrincessNk is currently offline Click here to Send PrincessNk a Private Message Find more posts by PrincessNk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chillmeistergen
Restricted

Account Restricted

She wrote a 7 book series, which took longer than 7 years to finish. The children that began reading the first books, are now 16-19. I don't think it's a childrens book, name me another 'childrens' book that uses terms like doppelgangers.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2007 07:39 PM
chillmeistergen is currently offline Click here to Send chillmeistergen a Private Message Find more posts by chillmeistergen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Phantom
Angel of Music

It's a children's book. And that's how she ended it. People do die in children's books, people.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2007 07:58 PM
The Phantom is currently offline Click here to Send The Phantom a Private Message Find more posts by The Phantom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chillmeistergen
Restricted

Account Restricted

More of a teenagers book, it deals with all the troubles of growing up etc.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2007 08:01 PM
Arctic
Crazy Forum Guy

Originally posted by The Phantom
It's a children's book. And that's how she ended it. People do die in children's books, people.

They started as childrens books, but as it went, they were no longer childrens books. Okay?

Old Post Jul 24th, 2007 08:02 PM
The Phantom
Angel of Music

Originally posted by Arctic
They started as childrens books, but as it went, they were no longer childrens books. Okay?
Doesn't deny that they are still classified it as so. And she ended it like it started. A children's book.

Trust me, I was watching the news when the book came out. They were interviewing a bunch of kids in the early years of Elementary School (Which surprises me because they didn't look like readers but hey, that's just me.)

Old Post Jul 24th, 2007 08:13 PM
Elanna Riddle
Fanfiction Author

Originally posted by allofyousuckkk
and I forgot [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Hedwig

can someone explain to me what the cover of the book had to do witht the actual book? i dont get it?

I know what the cover of the USA is now.
I asked a few friends and one really smart one pointed out that it was...
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: the final battle between Voldemort and Harry - cause see they were in the great hall - that's why its got that orange sky thing - it must of taken place as the sun rose or something... it would make sense as the ceiling of the great hall is enchanted to look like the sky outside...

Old Post Jul 26th, 2007 10:52 AM
Elanna Riddle is currently offline Click here to Send Elanna Riddle a Private Message Find more posts by Elanna Riddle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patronus

Reading while on vacation is not fun

Also, I was wondering if anyone else had people bugging them while you were trying to read... my dad walked in almost every half hour and said. "Is he dead yet?" [/B][/QUOTE]

My experience while reading the 7th book was very interesting. I was on vacation with my wife. We went to visit her dad and his brothers, who do not appreciate the books at all (they think they are children's books...ignorant people). Anyway, every 15 minutes I was hit with the question "Is he dead yet?" I did not find it amusing in the least, but unfortunately they did. It was very anticlimatic having to read the final book in the company of haters. However, I enjoyed the book immensely.

My wife's cousin (only 13 years old) is an amazing speed reader and finished the book after only 4 hours (I was only on page 180, we got 2 copies), and he promised not to tell me the ending. However, the next evening, one of his friends was at the house (I ended up ostracizing myself in a bedroom, being tired of hearing the "Is he dead yet?" taunts from my Uncles-In-Law). All of the sudden I heard my cousin-in-law's friend yell, "DAD! HE ALREADY READ THE 7TH BOOK AND TOLD ME THE ENDING!! HE SAID..." and then I covered my ears and sang the Harry Potter theme by John Williams as loudly as I could. Fortunately, I did not hear what the kid said. From that point on I was paranoid about hearing the ending in the hater-infested house. I kept myself away from everyone until I finished the book, my wife was very displeased, but it was worth it. I finally finished it at 4:30am on Sunday. Being thankful that no one told me the ending and happy to enjoy the book in a not-so-encouraging environment, I enjoyed myself the rest of the week.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2007 03:08 AM
Patronus is currently offline Click here to Send Patronus a Private Message Find more posts by Patronus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fleeshman=FIT

harry potter book amazing pm me any gd book titles plz i love the potter books sad there ova now thou

Old Post Jul 27th, 2007 08:11 PM
Fleeshman=FIT is currently offline Click here to Send Fleeshman=FIT a Private Message Find more posts by Fleeshman=FIT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
goddess_susu
half elf half witch

HEY GUYS LISTEN TO THIS SONG

ACCIO Deathly Hallows song
hahaaha

Is there a dragon nearby? because I'm on FIRE!

Old Post Jul 29th, 2007 12:16 AM
goddess_susu is currently offline Click here to Send goddess_susu a Private Message Find more posts by goddess_susu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ya Krunk'd Floo
Moving with the swell.

Great book. I loved it from start to finish, and - oh! - what a finish it was! Tied-up things wonderfully, and was so completely satisfying. I shed a tear when he was about to enter the woods, and said "I'm about to die...".

Great stuff.

Nothing of him that doth fade
But doth suffer a sea-change
Into something rich and strange.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2007 07:22 AM
Ya Krunk'd Floo is currently offline Click here to Send Ya Krunk'd Floo a Private Message Find more posts by Ya Krunk'd Floo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
goddess_susu
half elf half witch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvvFiZyEyTA
ok here's the song
theres no spoilers

Is there a dragon nearby? because I'm on FIRE!

Old Post Jul 29th, 2007 08:13 PM
goddess_susu is currently offline Click here to Send goddess_susu a Private Message Find more posts by goddess_susu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crazykim

OMG that song is tooo funny:P yet it did seem to describe exactly how i felt:P

what happened to you?

Old Post Jul 30th, 2007 02:49 PM
crazykim is currently offline Click here to Send crazykim a Private Message Find more posts by crazykim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote