KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » Favorite Scene From Movie!!! (Spoilers!)

Favorite Scene From Movie!!! (Spoilers!)
Started by: SeanTerry727

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
danielle marie.
Bel Fan Club President

I liked it a lot. I was disappointed with some things, but in reality you can only put so much into a movie.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2007 01:44 AM
danielle marie. is currently offline Click here to Send danielle marie. a Private Message Find more posts by danielle marie. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
siriuswriter

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Council#13
The ideas of the wizards becoming either white or black smoke was pretty interesting. The entire Ministry of Magic setting was well done, especially with the fireplaces.

I had been wondering if that was David Yates' way of showing Apparation, or some type of Apparation? That was very interesting.

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2007 03:38 AM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Phantom
Angel of Music

Shit, I don't remember the apparating. I need to see it again.

Thank you Neha for the sig!
This years Musical: Little Shop of Horrors (sig for it hopefully coming soon)

Old Post Jul 19th, 2007 03:40 AM
The Phantom is currently offline Click here to Send The Phantom a Private Message Find more posts by The Phantom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
danielle marie.
Bel Fan Club President

Originally posted by siriuswriter
I had been wondering if that was David Yates' way of showing Apparation, or some type of Apparation? That was very interesting.

Fred and George apparated though, and they didn't turn into smoke.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2007 03:48 AM
danielle marie. is currently offline Click here to Send danielle marie. a Private Message Find more posts by danielle marie. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
siriuswriter

That's true.

I just don't know what else it could be though, some advance, more powerful form of Apparation? Anyway, whatever it was, it was pretty sweet to watch.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2007 03:53 AM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
danielle marie.
Bel Fan Club President

That's true.

I just don't know what else it could be though, some advance, more powerful form of Apparation? Anyway, whatever it was, it was pretty sweet to watch.

I agree, it was pretty amazing to watch.

It still bothers me what it is though. I thought that maybe it was just a Death Eater thing until the good-guys did it. Now I have no idea.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2007 03:55 AM
The Phantom
Angel of Music

Maybe it is what it looks like when you apparate short distances with nothing inbetween you and your destination like a wall.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2007 04:02 AM
The Phantom is currently offline Click here to Send The Phantom a Private Message Find more posts by The Phantom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
danielle marie.
Bel Fan Club President

But there were walls in the Department of Mysteries.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2007 04:03 AM
The Phantom
Angel of Music

Originally posted by danielle marie.
But there were walls in the Department of Mysteries.
But between the peoples destination?

Old Post Jul 19th, 2007 04:03 AM
danielle marie.
Bel Fan Club President

Yeah. And besides, there were most likely walls between the Order and the Department of Mysteries.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2007 04:04 AM
siriuswriter

Maybe it's sort of a compressed kind of Apparation, like you have to do it quickly, not entirely thinking about Apparation and the three D's... smile

The sort of Apparation that's done in battle would obviously have to be more quick and evading, and you possibly wouldn't know your destination when you took off. So perhaps it's the state of Apparation, but not totally disappearing, so your body must manifest itself as something as so much of your mind is taken up by finding a destination...

Ooh. I like that idea.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2007 04:05 AM
danielle marie.
Bel Fan Club President

Maybe it's sort of a compressed kind of Apparation, like you have to do it quickly, not entirely thinking about Apparation and the three D's... smile

The sort of Apparation that's done in battle would obviously have to be more quick and evading, and you possibly wouldn't know your destination when you took off. So perhaps it's the state of Apparation, but not totally disappearing, so your body must manifest itself as something as so much of your mind is taken up by finding a destination...

Ooh. I like that idea.

That is a brilliant idea.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2007 04:05 AM
Problem_Child

i liked [SPOILER - highlight to read]: in the final battle when voldie and DD made the glass fly everywhere and then turned it into sand and said sand circled harry when voldie took over his body however they should of showed more of [SPOILER - highlight to read]: snapes memory cause we only saw a flash and that wasnt the whole thing plus it was my favoutite part in the book

Old Post Jul 19th, 2007 06:03 AM
Problem_Child is currently offline Click here to Send Problem_Child a Private Message Find more posts by Problem_Child Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
siriuswriter

Luv, you don't need to put spoiler tags as the thread title says there are spoilers in here. smile

I thought the glass-sand thing was awesome, another case of Dumbledore using his awesome power to protect Harry.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2007 11:02 AM
Council#13
The Omega Male

I guess that the smoke was used as a form of transport for the wizards to move faster, but still be able to change direction.

"Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one." -Dr. Seuss

Old Post Jul 19th, 2007 01:06 PM
Council#13 is currently offline Click here to Send Council#13 a Private Message Find more posts by Council#13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SeanTerry727

DId you Read the Book??

Old Post Jul 19th, 2007 03:19 PM
SeanTerry727 is currently offline Click here to Send SeanTerry727 a Private Message Find more posts by SeanTerry727 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
siriuswriter

There was no mention of the wizards turning into any kind of smoke in the book.

Believe me, I've read the book.

no expression

Old Post Jul 19th, 2007 06:06 PM
pinkfloydkor

didnt dobby turn into smoke when he dissaparated in the second movie?

thanks LifeInSepia, sig is AWESOME

Old Post Jul 19th, 2007 08:36 PM
pinkfloydkor is currently offline Click here to Send pinkfloydkor a Private Message Find more posts by pinkfloydkor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote