KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Terminator Movies » Terminator 4 2009/2010

Terminator 4 2009/2010
Started by: steverules

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jack Harkness
Restricted

Account Restricted

They were all awesome, your all just disappointed you weren't able to masturbate over it. erm

Sig by Roland

Old Post Jul 20th, 2007 10:00 AM
Jack Harkness is currently offline Click here to Send Jack Harkness a Private Message Find more posts by Jack Harkness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JLred

if there is a 30 sencond cameo for Arnold i'll watch it but without him i dont see the point of watching this...he's my favorite cool governor

Old Post Aug 16th, 2007 03:08 AM
JLred is currently offline Click here to Send JLred a Private Message Find more posts by JLred Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JLred
if there is a 30 sencond cameo for Arnold i'll watch it but without him i dont see the point of watching this...he's my favorite cool governor

Sorry to disappoint but The Governator will not be making an appearance in T4.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 16th, 2007 03:15 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

He's 60 years old. Give him a break.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2007 04:34 AM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by H. S. 6
He's 60 years old. Give him a break.

Arnold was great as The Terminator. I do hope that this planned trilogy tells a good story. and has lots of action and good violence.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2007 09:55 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by ragesRemorse
yeah, T3 felt like a bad remake of T2 to me. I have however, come to appreciate what entertainment it does have to offer, but as an advancement on the series i feel shafted as a fan.

Exactly, it was a lame rehash of T2.

As far as I'm concerned, the story ended in T2. James Cameron has stated so, and has disagreed with any further films being made. It just shows what happens when you don't own the rights to your films, like George Lucas does with Star Wars. The studios will drive it right into the ground, bury it and try to ressurect; all in the name of making a little more money.
At roughly 8-9 years between films, how can they expect people to stay interested?

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Aug 16th, 2007 10:03 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Discos
The Discmeister

mmm....where do I start? I am a life-long fan of the movies dude, neither movie has been bad in my eyes.

Now reading the wikipedia article it seems that T4 is gonna suck big time, all I am reading is "NO ONE WILL RETURN FOR THIS MOVIE" probably except Earl Boen of course.

This is totally going to swing another direction from the other movies, OK I got my head round the older looking John Connor in T3 but come on stop throwing us new actors and characters to study.

I agree, perhaps T3 shouldn't have been made, but of course the only reason they are bringing back the goldie oldies are because of us...the fans! (take note of Die Hard 4).
T3 should have been made in the 90's, and then perhaps they would have spent alot more time on the plot rather than SFX and big-budget crane scenes (pretty cool btw)

"In the year of our Lord 1314, patriots of Scotland, starving and outnumbered, charged the fields at Bannockburn. They fought like warrior poets. They fought like Scotsmen. And won their freedom."

Old Post Aug 20th, 2007 08:55 PM
Discos is currently offline Click here to Send Discos a Private Message Find more posts by Discos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Discos
The Discmeister

(thought I would continue with another post....no one likes to read big rambles on a single post wink )

REMINDER!!

now please let us all remember what T4 SHOULD! be about. Reese told Sarah Connor that (along with himself) some Humans were slaves to the machines and were used to do piss-poor labour work in camps (IIRC)...and 1 man stood up and let them to freedom and made them believe in themselves, that man was John Connor.

So in my own personal little world, I should think the movie would start with John Connor & co in a machine-run camp, and eventually escaping, END OF.

Discos - please discuss, I've waited a long time to post this theory.

"In the year of our Lord 1314, patriots of Scotland, starving and outnumbered, charged the fields at Bannockburn. They fought like warrior poets. They fought like Scotsmen. And won their freedom."

Old Post Aug 20th, 2007 08:59 PM
Discos is currently offline Click here to Send Discos a Private Message Find more posts by Discos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cruel jedi
A PrOpHeT oF tHe DaRkSiDe

Originally posted by pinkfloydkor
apparently there is a planned trilogy

without arnold

so i probably wont see them, i hate it when they try to do this

its like pirates without jack sparrow or something

i agree with you mate if arny is not in it it will suck like donkey sh!t

but thats just my opinion smile

<<<Scatter Senbonzakura>>>

Old Post Sep 7th, 2007 11:12 AM
cruel jedi is currently offline Click here to Send cruel jedi a Private Message Find more posts by cruel jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Discos
The Discmeister

^^ your opinion is like many....its awesome.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2007 04:37 PM
barand1

Taken from ComingSoon.net.

"The Sarah Connor Chronicles" producer James Middleton, who is overseeing the development of Terminator 4, has given an update on the fourth film, which is intended to be the first of three new movies.

Middleton told IGN that "T4" is happening at The Halcyon Company and will be written by Michael Ferris and John D. Brancato, the duo that wrote Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines. No director is set yet. Halcyon would like to be in pre-production in October for a 2009 release.

The fourth film, which will be titled "Terminator" with a subtitle much like "Rise of the Machines," will follow the events of "T3" and be post-apocalyptic. While it's not known whether Nick Stahl and Claire Danes will return, John Connor and Kate Brewster are indeed in the script.

The movie will feature a new hero. Middleton said the new hero would be like how "Ben-Hur was influenced by Jesus Christ, but it was his story. Much in that way, this character will be influenced by John Connor."

eek!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/trailermaker/view/7frbbc

Old Post Sep 26th, 2007 07:31 AM
barand1 is currently offline Click here to Send barand1 a Private Message Find more posts by barand1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cruel jedi
A PrOpHeT oF tHe DaRkSiDe

i dont get it

<<<Scatter Senbonzakura>>>

Old Post Sep 26th, 2007 11:10 AM
cruel jedi is currently offline Click here to Send cruel jedi a Private Message Find more posts by cruel jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
barand1

No more Connor.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2007 06:37 AM
barand1 is currently offline Click here to Send barand1 a Private Message Find more posts by barand1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alic88
Barzakh

No more Conner? What the hell's going on?

Old Post Sep 29th, 2007 02:43 AM
alic88 is currently offline Click here to Send alic88 a Private Message Find more posts by alic88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
barand1

'There is no hope but what the fans make for themselves'

Old Post Oct 1st, 2007 07:28 AM
barand1

Taken from Terminator Files:

quote:
"This comes from a great source. A top source. A source that would go well on pie… or not. But whatever the case, if this person is saying it... it's a done deal as far as I'm concerned."

"One of our oldest Moviehole friends checked in a few minutes ago to let us know that those whispers about McG being in talks to direct the new 'Terminator' movie - They're no longer just whispers, and he's no longer simply 'in talks'. The "Charlie's Angels" helmer is signed, sealed and delivered. He will direct Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins."

"This probably isn't a surprise to anyone, considering everyone from the fan site to the trade blog has linked McG's name with the movie, but I thought the update might at least hold Ab King over for the weekend."

Will this be the beginning of the revival of the franchise? Will McG be able to bring salvation for the franchise that has seen a downfall of sorts since the not so good reviewed Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines. You can bend it anyway you like, and fans do that more then ever lately, but T3 did devide the fanbase into three camps; the pros, the cons and the indicicive (of which we ourselfs are concidered to be part of).

Sure T3 was cool, but we, and others with us, had some bad taste in our mouths after we came out of the theater.

This is probably the most important reason that fans of the franchise are somewhat reluctant to seeing a new director helming what could be the biggest downfall of the entire saga. Thats the 'being negative' part of being a fan since Terminator 3 came along.

But with all things not know to any of us (yet), there is a flipside to this news. McG could as well give the new movies, still somewhat rumoured to be about the future only, a real good chance at succeeding, making it into one ****ing big new trilogy. The story most of us fans really want to see... the future where man's destiny is controlled by the machines, the encampment as slaves, almost going out for ever... until there was one man that brought us back from the brink; McG, eeruhm, John Connor.

The rest being all fans' dreams come true.

Sure... its easy as 1-2-3 to be negative about something or somebody, giving hints from any source to get your point across, NOT to go with this new director. But anything we've read online from discontent fanboys (and gals) doesn't say that much either. Its somewhat desturbing to see its in human nature (or fans nature for that matter) to always see the negative side of things. There is already soo much negativity in this world.

Lets all give this guy a chance and see what he has up his sleeves. When the movie(s) are out, we can get negative (or super positive) again.

We for one love to see a continuation of the saga... and we're giving McG the benefit of the doubt to deliver those hard needed future goods.

Taken from Empire:

quote:

We don't like having to say this and we're really really hoping that someone somewhere has gone this wrong, but JoBlo.com say they have received trustworthy confirmation that McG will be directing the fourth Terminator movie.

There have been rumours for a while that the Charlie's Angels director would shout orders on the first of the planned new trilogy, entitled Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins, but rumours don't always come to fruition.

McG should probably be given the benefit of the doubt here, since he must have done something to convince Warner Bros that he's the best man for the job, but we worry that he's not sufficiently established as a director to handle one of the most anticipated events in movies: the war between Skynet and mankind. This needs to be absolutely spectacular to match what we've all had in our heads for over two decades. He's got some action style, if some difficulties holding a story together, so it could be that this movie either makes or breaks him. We'll hope for the latter.

Shooting is set to start early next year from a script by John Brancato and Michael Ferris (Terminator 3). With Arnie, Nick Stahl and Claire Danes not set to return, we're concerned that this could wind up not feeling like a part of the Terminator universe. Please let this work, please let this work, please let this work.

The reader's thoughts at the bottom of the Empire article are interesting and amusing.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2007 08:29 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Just found this out Batman himself has possibly been cast as John Connor.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2007 12:28 AM
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

Originally posted by JediSamuraiMRB
Just found this out Batman himself has possibly been cast as John Connor.
Not possibly, he has been cast:

quote:

Christian Bale (The Dark Knight, Batman Begins) has been cast as John Connor in Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins, says Ain't It Cool News.

McG is directing the summer 2009 release, which has an early 2008 production start and seeks to reinvent the cyborg saga with a storyline to be told over a three-movie span. Warner Bros. will distribute domestically.

The screenplay was written by Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines duo John Brancato and Michael Ferris.

The film is set in the future, in a full-scale war between Skynet and humankind.

The only thing thats with you your whole life is complete and utter darkness.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2007 05:18 AM
Darth Macabre is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Macabre a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Macabre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
barand1

I've just found that out as well and its good news, but I can't get over McG directing. sad

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2007 07:52 AM
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Christian bale is going to star in it? if so the FCK YEA!

TGFwashere

Old Post Nov 28th, 2007 08:02 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote