KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Woohoo, official off-topic thread!

Woohoo, official off-topic thread!
Started by: Peach

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3949): « First ... « 1461 1462 [1463] 1464 1465 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

I kind of want a new Mario game at random.

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2010 06:03 PM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

Galaxy 2 is supposed to be out relatively soon.

All hail Scythe, King of the Sigs.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2010 06:06 PM
MooCowofJustice is currently offline Click here to Send MooCowofJustice a Private Message Find more posts by MooCowofJustice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cyner
Too little too late

I've got Silver on reserve big grin

Old Post Mar 11th, 2010 06:12 PM
Cyner is currently offline Click here to Send Cyner a Private Message Find more posts by Cyner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

I'm waiting for a generation of pokemon that makes Charizard not suck.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2010 06:13 PM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

I has Gold on reserve. stick out tongue

Edit: That'll never happen Shin, unless they come out with some items that somehow make it work, or he gets a win ability. They don't ever change stats it seems, movepools and abilities is all you can hope for.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2010 06:14 PM
MooCowofJustice is currently offline Click here to Send MooCowofJustice a Private Message Find more posts by MooCowofJustice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cyner
Too little too late

not only that but fire/flying is not really a great typing anyway... good against ground attacks I suppose...

Old Post Mar 11th, 2010 06:27 PM
Cyner is currently offline Click here to Send Cyner a Private Message Find more posts by Cyner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Make him Fire/Dragon. Problem solved, he doesn't suck anymore.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2010 06:27 PM
Peach
mordrem

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Maester_yoda
i have seen gameplay vids online and they look ok. never the same as actually getting your hands on it.

and i totally agree with the whole ff combat. i much rather prefer turn based over action based or any hybrid mix. FFX was the best RPG fighting system i have seen for an rpg in a while. thats why im cautious with this one

It's turn-based. And the combat works surprisingly well when you actually play it. I was iffy about it myself until I started playing yesterday. It goes very, very quickly.

I say get it. It's definitely worth it.

It also has something about it, some feel, that is very reminiscient of FFX, despite the fact that there are few similarities beyond the fact that where you start out in Cocoon reminds me a lot of Zanarkand. And FFX is not only my favorite FF, but my favorite game ever, so yes.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Mar 11th, 2010 06:30 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cyner
Too little too late

turn up alakazam's stats to 9001 each, problem solved, he doesn't suck.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2010 06:31 PM
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

Actually Shin, if Stone Edge were to be less prominent in the meta game, Charizard would become more viable.

They're never going to change typing. I don't think we'll ever see any new types, either.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2010 06:32 PM
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

They have changed typing in the past.

Also, stealthrock.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2010 06:33 PM
Peach
mordrem

Oh, Pokemon.

I'm debating getting SoulSilver or HeartGold, but I've always had a hard time getting into any of them other than the very first generation.

Also, I've got FFXIII right now, and I've got Lunar to play while travelling during spring break.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Mar 11th, 2010 06:34 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

Yeah, but next gen could see different typed moves that have the same effect as Stealth Rock. If more commonly used Pokemon were unaffected as much by Rock, SR would see less use too, also making for a better Zard.

What typing did they change in the past? Outside of Magnemite.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2010 06:35 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Cyner
not only that but fire/flying is not really a great typing anyway...

They say that about any dual type that has a 4x weakness, but I disagree. Really depends on the situation. Ho-oh is still arguably the best fire type anyway, though he's underrated, even as an uber.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2010 06:35 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cyner
Too little too late

I started Chrono Trigger, in the first 5 minutes you meet a girl, get drunk and travel through time. Definitely a good start.

Torterra is great typing, even with his 4x weakness against ice.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2010 06:37 PM
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

I can't remember specifics, but they've added and taken away a type or two from a couple random pokemon. Usually just adding dark or steel type, but it has happened.

Also, just make Stealth rock typless and always do 1/4 damage, or make fliers immune to hazards.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2010 06:37 PM
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

I disagree about Torterra, the ground typing takes away from one of Grass' few advantages.

That'll never happen with the hazards.

And yeah, type changes would have only happened when the new types are added, and I don't think we'll ever see another new type.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2010 06:43 PM
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

If Goombas are as big as "Small Mario", which is Mario as your average human, meaning around 5'5" (I think), that means Mario's jumping, on average, roughly 25' in the air at his best...It also means grabbing a super mushroom makes Mario at least double in height...no expression

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Mar 11th, 2010 07:45 PM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

Mario's best actually happened in SMRPG when he first fights Bowser. The chandelier's fall and he jumps off his, uses Bowser as a platform and jumps incredibly high back up to Peach.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2010 08:00 PM
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

My OoT rom is failing to load one of my favourite rooms properly. :C

Old Post Mar 11th, 2010 08:01 PM