KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Woohoo, official off-topic thread!

Woohoo, official off-topic thread!
Started by: Peach

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3949): « First ... « 1466 1467 [1468] 1469 1470 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FinalAnswer
Flower

I have found proof that Link, is infact, Jesus.

http://www.freewebs.com/hyrulianrel...ssianichero.htm

quote:

1. Link was raised in obscurity. Akin to Moses, Jesus, Superman.
2. Is supposed to "Save his People" = "Messiah" "Moses, Jesus, Superman"
3. _Has to undo an apocalyptic event. Reverse Ganon's turning the world into his Dark world filled with monsters and demons and zombies. Ganon basically turns Hyrule into Hell, or a hell. Jesus reverses Death and saves humans from Hell.
4. Link has to Grow up to do it. He enters the Temple of Time and is sealed away for 7 years where he can finally take up the mantle of the Hero of Time and achieve his destiny. In the Gospels it seems that Jesus jumps from being a 12 year old boy at the temple to a 30 something year old man at the height of his ministry. I know that Jesus didn't magically go from 12-30 but that part of his life is not recorded.
5. Link originally carried a Cross shield, Cross=Christ. I know I have already said that this doesn't mean that Link is a Christian figure, but Link is an Icon, and as such relating him with other such iconic imagery might suggest Morality or Virtues that can be associated with Link. All I am trying to do is draw lines, not necessarily make conclusions.
6. Link dies and comes back to Life (often, if you don?t watch_his heart meter, its game over if you don?t have a fairy [conduit of the Goddesses' power]) who else is 'famous' for this resurrection act? Jesus._While Link's saving act is not necessarily related to his death, he does 'die' and come back for more, until he completes his task._
7. Sacrificial Love. Link has to sacrifice himself and his own wants and desires to take up this quest and fulfill his destiny to save others. There are 'women' who fall in love with Link (Saria, Ruto, Malon), but he must leave them behind to ultimately save them.
8. Link as a Hylian has Pointed ears so that they can hear the voices of the Goddesses. Jesus talks to and hears from God all the time. In Legend of Zelda:_A Link to the Past, in order to get into one of the Temple/Dungeons Link reads from the sacred Book of Mudora, takes off his hat, kneels and crosses himself in a Triangular fashion and prays. The Temple/Dungeon opens up for Link only after he prays.
9. The Items that Link uses, some of them could be symbolic, For instance: The_Cane of Byrna, looks like a Shepherds Crook. Jesus is often referred to as the_Good Shepherd. The Cane of Somaria for the same reasons. The Master Sword is a Holy Sword that is also called Evil's Bane. The master's word, Jesus' tongue is said to be a_two edged sword that cuts through sin. The_Book of Mudora is similar to a Bible. With the_Hover Boots_equipped you can walk on/over water for a brief period of time. Jesus could walk on water. Link tames a wild_horse, Jesus cold make the lion lay down with the lamb.

This is obviously the reason why the lollovelinkclub worships Link.

Howdy!

Old Post Mar 11th, 2010 11:21 PM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Maester_yoda

"cooking is so fun! Cooking is so fun! now we take a break to see what we have done!"

Azu-Manga Dioh Funny stuff

"You do this, Sam, and its all about you, the great Sam Gerard." "Yes I am." "And you always have to win." "Yes I do."

Old Post Mar 11th, 2010 11:21 PM
Maester_yoda is currently offline Click here to Send Maester_yoda a Private Message Find more posts by Maester_yoda Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

quote: (post)
Originally posted by FinalAnswer
I have found proof that Link, is infact, Jesus.

http://www.freewebs.com/hyrulianrel...ssianichero.htm

This is obviously the reason why the lollovelinkclub worships Link.

Wanna join? That post was just plain epic enough to get you in instantly. no expression

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2010 11:22 PM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

wtf i was assaulted by gay music when i clicked the link sad

Old Post Mar 11th, 2010 11:29 PM
AthenasTrgrFngr is currently offline Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalAnswer
Flower

Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
wtf i was assaulted by gay music when i clicked the link sad

Obviously only the pure hearted ones can witness the true version of why Link is Jesus

This is why I quoted the reasons in my post.

Howdy!

Old Post Mar 11th, 2010 11:35 PM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalAnswer
Flower

Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Wanna join? That post was just plain epic enough to get you in instantly. no expression

Has Link ever gone on a crusade against Kain and/or Raziel and won?

Howdy!

Old Post Mar 11th, 2010 11:37 PM
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Yeah. But we failed to convert the survivors to Linkism. We still crushed them in battle.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2010 11:38 PM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalAnswer
Flower

The failure to convert the heathens displeases.

I shall join teh club, if only to prove to the infidels Link is GREAT JUSTICE.

Or something.

Howdy!

Old Post Mar 11th, 2010 11:44 PM
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Glorious day. We also wank Ganondorf and pretty much everything Zelda related.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2010 11:45 PM
Phanteros
the Shade knight

Great the evil Linkcracy has a new minion.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2010 11:49 PM
Phanteros is currently offline Click here to Send Phanteros a Private Message Find more posts by Phanteros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

its okay none of them are a match for my divine skillz

Old Post Mar 11th, 2010 11:50 PM
AthenasTrgrFngr is currently offline Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

If NemeSis X stopped trying to spite Link all the time you'd see 90% fewer Link threads, and the club would just be a bunch of awesoem posters who happen to have shrines to the Zelda games in their rooms. stick out tongue

Old Post Mar 11th, 2010 11:50 PM
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

Scenario just won life.

+9001 Internets

All hail Scythe, King of the Sigs.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2010 11:53 PM
MooCowofJustice is currently offline Click here to Send MooCowofJustice a Private Message Find more posts by MooCowofJustice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Truth. stick out tongue

I think he may have just cured the "toon!" AIDS that had been infecting the forum.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2010 11:54 PM
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

Yar, the demon seed o' Davy Jones 'imself finally be uprooted.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2010 11:56 PM
MooCowofJustice is currently offline Click here to Send MooCowofJustice a Private Message Find more posts by MooCowofJustice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

too bad said argument has holes in it the size of... uh... a big hole! =D

i might crush it later shifty

Old Post Mar 12th, 2010 12:04 AM
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

Take your man-sig and stop your flannigan shenanigans. mad

Old Post Mar 12th, 2010 12:08 AM
Phanteros
the Shade knight

Something about God of War 3 ending.
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: How can it end that way? Him dying?

Old Post Mar 12th, 2010 12:22 AM
Phanteros is currently offline Click here to Send Phanteros a Private Message Find more posts by Phanteros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Welp. That ruined the game, damn my curiosity.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2010 12:27 AM
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

A fitting end if you ask me.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2010 12:29 AM