KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Transformers » TRANSFORMERS TOYS discussion thread

TRANSFORMERS TOYS discussion thread
Started by: OB1-adobe

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
OB1-adobe

TRANSFORMERS TOYS discussion thread

Could have over looked, but did'nt see this mentioned yet.

Surley if you guys have seen the movie, chances are you watch the show as a kid, and most likely and some molded plastic of your very own.

Discuss. What you had, what you wanted but never got, and what you wish what could have been.

I had the big man himself, the og gangster Optimus Prime amongst many others like Ultra Magnus, Galvatron, Cylonus.........most of what I got was like the 86-87 era

Never had Megatron.....eventually got Starstream, thundercracker, and skywarp as re-iisues. (I had to to it, childhood void)

I always wondered why they did'nt make Metro Plex into a giant playset instead of toy that was no bigger than devastator.

Would have have cool........sell it in 5 parts. This is his upper torso, this is his arm, and the other arm, and both legs.

3-4 feet tall........I don't see why not. The G.I Aircraft carrier was like 6 feet long

Old Post Jul 19th, 2007 08:29 PM
OB1-adobe is currently offline Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

I lost all of my G1 TF's, most of what I have now is new stuff. I have:

From the film:

Optimus and Starscream

From Hasbro's newly re-issued line:

Optimus Prime

and I have that massive 20th anniversary Optimus Prime with voice clips from the cartoon film.

BTW, he comes packaged with his blaster cannon, his energon axe and to my surprise, Megatron in gun form for him to wield.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2007 01:35 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Losty
Renegade of funk

I have a g1 optimus prime

still got my others back at mum n dads places stashed, recently got the new ones re issue gen 1, megatron, optimus

myspace.com/lostymc

Old Post Jul 21st, 2007 12:05 AM
Losty is currently offline Click here to Send Losty a Private Message Find more posts by Losty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

I'm still trying to get my hooves on that repainted Ultra Magnus which is just a repainted Optimus Prime.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2007 12:19 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
draxx_tOfU
Gundam Meister

My most treasured transformer toy (i only had 2 stick out tongue) was a repainted Scorponok. It was given to me by a godfather who was stationed in Japan. It was called Black Zarak in Japan and was a black/red/gold version of Scorponok that came with a trident and 3 minibots in city mode...

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2007 05:06 AM
draxx_tOfU is currently offline Click here to Send draxx_tOfU a Private Message Find more posts by draxx_tOfU Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OB1-adobe

My list goes: Most of the 84-85 are reissues

84-85
Optimus prime
bumble bee
Starscream
Skywarp
Thundercracker
Cliffjumper
Wheel Jack
Mirage
Brawn
Windcharger
Contructicons
Jazz
Prowl
Blue streak
Tracks
Dirge
Smoke screen
Jetfire

86-87
Ultramagnus
Cyclonus
Rodimus prime
Hot rod
Super Optimus Prime
Motor master
Hun-grr
miro masters_saftey squad
Galvatron
Wreck gar

Last edited by OB1-adobe on Jul 24th, 2007 at 01:41 AM

Old Post Jul 24th, 2007 01:39 AM
OB1-adobe is currently offline Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
U Neek
Mr

When I was a kid I had Devastator, Hot Rod, Rodimus Prime, Battletrap and Windcharger...Of these only Rodimus, Battletrap and Windcharger survived...

Not many I know, but since then my collection has expanded to include the following:

Jazz, Smokescreen, Hound, Grapple, Tracks, Mirage, Hoist, Bluestreak, Wheeljack, Sideswipe and Inferno

I bought Devastator again, I just had to have the big guy in my collection. Also own Metroplex and Ultra Magnus as far as owning "big" TFs goes...

Pride of my collection is a 100% complete Soundwave with Buzzsaw. I also have a box for SW. Got the Autobot equivalent (Blaster) too. Oh and I'm pleased to say I own the Decepticon Clones Wingspan and Pounce, as they're quite hard to come by in the UK.

There's others I've bought, including the following re-issues:

big bad Prime
Galvatron (I also own an original G1 version)
Starscream
Thundercracker
Skywarp
Black Hot Rod
Clear Hot Rod

The cool thing about TFs are they're still available and now I'm finding I'm able to buy all the ones I wanted as a kid!

Old Post Jul 24th, 2007 08:34 PM
U Neek is currently offline Click here to Send U Neek a Private Message Find more posts by U Neek Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

20th Anniversary Prime is one of my prized possessions.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Jul 24th, 2007 11:12 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marxman
Resident Communist

I had the big guy with the trailor. I also had Hotrod, Starscream and Megatron. But the bulk of my collection was actually Beast Wars toys.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2007 11:38 PM
Marxman is currently offline Click here to Send Marxman a Private Message Find more posts by Marxman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
20th Anniversary Prime is one of my prized possessions.

-AC

Yeah, I have one too, the small info screens on his arms with Grimlock and Megatron were an awesome touch of detail.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2007 04:07 AM
captblack

hey i just got the ultimate bumblebee at wal mart for $80 and i need to know how does voice activation work with this figure all i figured out is it dances to "wip it" and "transformers" than talks a little.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2007 10:10 PM
captblack is currently offline Click here to Send captblack a Private Message Find more posts by captblack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CyborgHolliday
Vagrant

nothing impressive.

Beast Wars:

Snarl
Cheetor
Tigatron
Airazor
Optimus Primal
Megatron
Rhinox
Terrasaur

I had others

Classics:
Optimus Prime
Starscream
Jetfire

transformers from a few years ago:

Storm jet
Thundercracker

Taht's my collection...

Does anyone now if there's any new figures coming out from the classics line?

Old Post Aug 5th, 2007 03:13 AM
CyborgHolliday is currently offline Click here to Send CyborgHolliday a Private Message Find more posts by CyborgHolliday Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Originally posted by Rufus T Firefly
Does anyone now if there's any new figures coming out from the classics line?

The TF Generations line had a few re-done oldies. It had Rodimus, Bumblebee, Starscream, Grimlock, Mirage, Optimus, Megatron and a few others. Although for some odd reason, I guess since the film was a huge success, figures are extremely hard to find now! Online I've seen prices in the 30-40 range for a toy that normally costs nine bucks, I don't know if it's the lack of production on Hasbro's part, or just California being on a spending frenzy. I haven't been able to find a single good character besides lame-ass Rachet from the film.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2007 11:11 PM
Losty
Renegade of funk

Originally posted by Scythe
I'm still trying to get my hooves on that repainted Ultra Magnus which is just a repainted Optimus Prime.

Ultra Magnus is Optimus brother, he has an inner robot and outter armor!

Attachment: 800px-ultramagnus.jpg
This has been downloaded 131 time(s).

myspace.com/lostymc

Old Post Aug 6th, 2007 01:18 PM
Losty is currently offline Click here to Send Losty a Private Message Find more posts by Losty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

There are new classics coming out, Rufus, but I don't know which yet. I know they did a classics Dirge, Thundercracker and Thrust as BotCon 07 exclusives, but whether or not we'll see them on the shelves I don't know.

The TF Generations line had a few re-done oldies. It had Rodimus, Bumblebee, Starscream, Grimlock, Mirage, Optimus, Megatron and a few others. Although for some odd reason, I guess since the film was a huge success, figures are extremely hard to find now! Online I've seen prices in the 30-40 range for a toy that normally costs nine bucks, I don't know if it's the lack of production on Hasbro's part, or just California being on a spending frenzy. I haven't been able to find a single good character besides lame-ass Rachet from the film.

I think movie Ratchet is awesome, a nice solid piece. There's a repaint of him coming out as an actual red and white traditional ambulance, as opposed to a lime green fire dept search and rescue ambulance.

The only movie figures I do like, though, are Barricade, Ratchet, Brawl and the second Bumblebee. Blackout is awesome but the bulky backpiece is a hinderance.

I'm wondering if/when they'll do more G1 reissues.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2007 01:40 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Yeah, I have one too, the small info screens on his arms with Grimlock and Megatron were an awesome touch of detail.

Oh they are those in yours...?

Mine has Bumblebee in the left arm and quite bizarrely, Starscream in the right...

The Starscream looks a little off colour, but it definitely appears to be him. (Definitely not Sunstorm.)

Back in the day.. Before my parents mercilessly gave the majority away when 1st moved out. Without consulting me. sad

Along with every issue from the start of the run to the 30 or so before the end of G1 comics.

(1st transformer brandedsmileBumblebee
Mirage
Skywarp
Ratchet
Jazz
Soundwave
Buzzsaw
Rumble
Ravage
Gears
Windcharger
Prime
Thundercracker
Sludge
Slag
Grimlock
Snarl
Tracks
Smokescreen
Red Alert
Prowl
Thrust
Ramjet
Dirge
Jetfire
Beachcomber
Hubcap
Tailgate
Cosmos
Outback
Powerglide
Kickback
Astro Magnum (Knock off shockwave)
Superion
Menasor
Bruticus
Defensor
Metroplex
Ultra Magnus
Galvatron
Kup
Blurr
Hotrod
Cyclonus
Wheelie (Sorry! lol)
Landmine
Skullgrin
Pretender classics Bumblebee, Jazz and Starscream
Powermaster Prime
Getaway
Slapdash
Dreadwing

Some of those little micromaster type teams...

Theyre were probably a few that Im forgetting.
I have a rare 80s Cherry Coke can that transforms somewhere too.

The ones that survived the slaughter are at least mostly in one piece.
My total and now meagre collection stands at: smile

Original stash survivors:
--------------------------------
The Aerialbots
The Combaticons
The Stunticons
Ultra Magnus
Ramjet
Thrust
Dirge
Beachcomber
Powerglide
Kickback (really battered)
Autobot and decepticon micromaster teams
The complete Paganini sticker album from 85
The C64 game by ocean
A 1984 laminated dinner place mat featuring Jazz and if I remember rightly, Laserbeak.
That coke can.
Issue 12 (UK) of the marvel run.
Collected comics 8: 1988 spring reprint of the whole "Crisis of command" story.
Collected comics 9: 1988 summer reprint of the "Robot Buster" issues.
An issue with no cover. The pretenders debut story.
157saduk): Headmasters- trial by fire part 2
177 (uk): Prime's return as Powermaster

Stuff since:
MP-01 Prime
Alternators Silverstreak
Alternators Swindle
Classics Jetfire
Classics Starscream
Classics Bumblebee

Reissue Skywarp
Reissue Tracks
Reissue Red Alert

All episodes of the US tv series of G1.
All G1 comic scans (to act as replacements for the ones lost in '94.)

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Aug 6th, 2007 04:18 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Oh they are those in yours...?

Mine has Bumblebee in the left arm and quite bizarrely, Starscream in the right...

The Starscream looks a little off colour, but it definitely appears to be him. (Definitely not Sunstorm.)

Yeah, I have to ask AC about his. I thought there were all the same, weird.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2007 09:32 PM
CyborgHolliday
Vagrant

yeah all i see is the movie figures, which i don't want at all

Old Post Aug 6th, 2007 09:50 PM
CyborgHolliday is currently offline Click here to Send CyborgHolliday a Private Message Find more posts by CyborgHolliday Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah, I have to ask AC about his. I thought there were all the same, weird.

Mine's Bumblebee and Starscream also.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2007 09:56 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

As for the classics and what to expect next...Wave 3.

"Sunstreaker - Concept art seen at SDCC 2007.
Sideswipe - Concept art seen at SDCC 2007.
Octane - Concept art seen at SDCC 2007.
Galvatron (a new mold, not a redeco of Classic Megatron.)
Jazz
Prowl
Ultra Magnus (another new mold, not a redeco of Optimus Prime.)
Ironhide
Smokescreen
Silverstreak
At least one combiner (possibly the Seacons)"

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on Aug 6th, 2007 at 10:04 PM

Old Post Aug 6th, 2007 10:02 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote